Jump to content Jump to content

Career mode with current drivers

Codemasters can’t seem to do the obvious.. I remember once year after you could only pick a current(for that season) driver with no option to do your own... obviously people complained about that.

So the obvious being:.. select your real or customise your own driver..

Considering the ton off settings we have this year it’s puzzling to me why they havnt given real driver option or option on weather frequency and severity 

1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

Not to **** on the parade as I would enjoy this too but there is no racing game that allows you play a career with a real driver, F1, MotoGP, NASCAR, WRC, none. 

Well why don’t codemasters set a new standard and start doing it? Not blaming you for this 😂

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Well why don’t codemasters set a new standard and start doing it? Not blaming you for this 😂

Can we get the current game working for everyone first before adding brand new stuff :classic_laugh:

How it is now, you'd probably be automatically transferred around teams. 

• Haha 2

It must be conditional for developers getting licenses for using drivers.

I’m guessing drivers are concerned they will see YouTube with titles... ie Hamilton kills max... and a video off someone playing as Hamilton ramming max off track

oh hand on that did happen

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I’m guessing drivers are concerned they will see YouTube with titles... ie Hamilton kills max... and a video off someone playing as Hamilton ramming max off track

As much as you're kidding I do think the first sentence is likely true. FOM seems very strict in what can and can't be done with the license. I do think there's a part of the licensing conditions which states players can't affect the long term career of a licensed driver, or words to that effect. 

I can imagine things like fictional sponsors on an F1 car and the ability to somewhat edit the calendar were things FOM did not allow lightly. 

I base this on the American military has a special movie division.   So films that feature American army they can get pretty much whatever latest hardware they want.. but the number one rule is.  Basically you can show aliens wiping out American military/.. that’s fine but you show them getting wiped out in a manner becoming off an American soldier..  any hint they got wiped out because off inept or cowardly behaviour and you get nothing

Edited by ScaredDuck
47 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

That’s pathetic 

3 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

That’s pathetic 

But is it... drivers success is as much about their image as it is their skill.

dont think anyone would like to see images off themselves being terrible at their job 

13 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

But is it... drivers success is as much about their image as it is their skill.

dont think anyone would like to see images off themselves being terrible at their job 

But it’s not real