Jump to content Jump to content

Unable to join any online session (Error Codes ND7 and WD10054).

• A detailed description of the issue.

Haven’t been able to join any sort of online session (invite or joining manually) since day 1 (July 16th) when the game came out. When I try joining a lobby it eventually gives me the message ‘Error’ and ‘Failed to join session’. The time it’s taken for it to show this screen has varied from a few seconds on some attempts to a couple of minutes on others. Every time I’ve had an error code it’s either been ND7 or WD10054. NAT type is on strict and I don’t know how to access my router to change it. However, I can play online on every other game including past F1 games up to F1 2020 and I’m playing on an Xbox One S in Britain. This has continued to happen after the 1.06 update that released yesterday (Monday 9th of August). 

• Report Code

DCBS-HKTJ-HKXP-GTEG (The report code in the settings because I can’t get one when the fault occurs).

• Platform?

Xbox (One S)

• Game-mode?

Unranked, Ranked and 2 Player Career

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

I don’t know who have been in the lobbies as I’ve been unable to join them. However, I’m unable to join a session regardless of how many players are in it. 

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

The problem occurs both when I’m the host and when I’m joining another player’s session. If I’m the host then no one can join me and if I try and join someone else then I’m shown the error screen along with ND7 90% of the time. 

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Quitting and restarting F1 2021, Restarting my console, Hard resetting my Xbox, Resetting my Xbox without wiping it’s game data, Restarting my router, Setting my Xbox to energy saving mode so that it has to send a new UPnP request to the router upon starting in an attempt to get an open NAT type

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Screenshots are attached at the bottom. 

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

The problem occurs every time I try and join any session under ‘Social Play’ and ‘Ranked Play’. It might be the strict NAT type so that could be worth a try. 

My network consists of a wireless connection to a UniFi router. I’m not sure about the modem we have (sorry) but the wifi is one that uses mobile data and converts it to an internet signal (not sure if this is relevant but it’s a detail). Network is IPv4 and the port is 3074. 

Thanks, LCFCVB77 

image.png

FB956038-0949-44B2-A482-DCFF6A64B1F7.png

• Codemasters Staff

Hi @LCFCVB77 - unfortunately I can locate your report code on our servers. Would you be able to do a full reboot of your Xbox, launch F1 2021 and then try posting an updated report code?

We also have some of other questions:

• Are you able to play Time Trial mode ok (posting to leaderboards and downloading other ghost cars)?
  • What country are you in?
  • Who is your mobile provider?
  • Do you have access to any other internet connections / providers?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)
  • Are you able to play Time Trial mode ok (posting to leaderboards and downloading other ghost cars)?

Yep, time trial works fine. My times are uploaded and I can see the ghost cars of drivers I set as my rival.

• What country are you in?

Wales

• Who is your mobile provider?

Vodafone

• Do you have access to any other internet connections / providers?

Unfortunately not. 

New error code: DJJJ-CVKD-EJGT-GDEG

Edited by LCFCVB77
Added the new error code
  • Codemasters Staff

Hi @LCFCVB77 - unfortunately we aren't getting any of your log info through, which will prevent us from running any additional diagnostics. We're not sure why this is. We are discussing this internally to see what else we might be able to try to work out what is happening.

In the meantime, do you have access to another mobile device (ideally from a different carrier) that you could temporarily connect to your Xbox as a hotspot to see if that can connect to a session?  

19 minutes ago, LCFCVB77 said:

I connected my phone to the Xbox via a hotspot and it works on that network. My phone is on EE.

Im with the same problem as you, but with a difference. Sometimes I can enter on a online lobby, like now. (I entered a lobby, but i cant race, I just wait race results and nothing happens) But sometimes I pass the day trying to enter a lobby and I cant. I wish they solve this. I can send anything if it helps

Edited by Vitiex
  • Codemasters Staff
17 hours ago, Vitiex said:

Im with the same problem as you, but with a difference. Sometimes I can enter on a online lobby, like now. (I entered a lobby, but i cant race, I just wait race results and nothing happens) But sometimes I pass the day trying to enter a lobby and I cant. I wish they solve this. I can send anything if it helps

This sounds like a different issue. I would recommend creating a new report thread with the full bug information. This should ideally include your report code (displayed in the bottom-left corner of the game optinos screen) and a video of what you see when joining a session and getting stuck.

• Codemasters Staff
17 hours ago, LCFCVB77 said:

I connected my phone to the Xbox via a hotspot and it works on that network. My phone is on EE.

That's useful info as it confirms that hotspots generally are working fine, but that there is something with your main wifi configuration that is probelmatic.

I’ll try and figure out a way to change the NAT type on my main wifi to see if that makes a difference because the hotspot NAT type was Moderate. I haven’t tried changing the NAT type before due to the fact that other people with open NAT types were having the same problem so I assumed it wasn’t my internet.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, Hoo said:

This sounds like a different issue. I would recommend creating a new report thread with the full bug information. This should ideally include your report code (displayed in the bottom-left corner of the game optinos screen) and a video of what you see when joining a session and getting stuck.

fine, Ill do it right now. EDIT: im trying to upload these clips but my xbox cloud memory its full, so it will take sometime

Edited by Vitiex
New information
  • Codemasters Staff

Following a follow-up with @LCFCVB77, we think their immeditate issue is resolved. We're assuming an ISP glitch. Any other instances of NS7 errors or failure to connect should be reported in the corresponding forum threads. 

• Hoo locked this topic
  • Codemasters Staff

Closed thread to avoid any confusion with the thread of the same name that we are using to track the main NS7 issues on Xbox: