Jump to content Jump to content

Adjustments for Catalunya turn 10 and the Yas Marina layout update?

i know we will get some new tracks in a few months since it was literally shown to us as soon as we start the game but, how about the layout changes in those ones? or just because what about giving us a option to remove that final chicane in Catalunya (i know it does not reflect the real track if this is possible but it's a videogame, so why not?) cause i hate that chicane with a burning passion.

Edit: ppl said here said CM already stated that this was gonna be postponed to the next game, i didn't knew about that my bad (but i still would like a option to remove that last chicane in Catalunya tho).

Edited by ArthurCezario
7 minutes ago, ArthurCezario said:

remove that final chicane in Catalunya (i know it does not reflect the real track if this is possible but it's a videogame, so why not?) cause i hate that chicane with a burning passion

Same. No matter what setup I use, I'll always spin out on the last bit after the DRS zone if I apply any throttle. So remove that bit aswell.😏

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm fairly sure we've been told these changes won't be made in this year's game.

well, what about a option to remove that last chicane in catalunya then, since i think that part of the track is already made in-game so i wouldn't be so hard to put a few barriers and change that part

1 hour ago, ArthurCezario said:

well, what about a option to remove that last chicane in catalunya then, since i think that part of the track is already made in-game so i wouldn't be so hard to put a few barriers and change that part

There is zero chance of that, since you're asking for a change to the track that hasn't happened in real life. I also personally wouldn't WANT the change for the same reason.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, ArthurCezario said:

well yeah, but you forget that they would need to train AI to go around this layout. and training AI is time and resources consuming, they would need to traing ai to go thru that fast corner on every difficulty lvl so it's not that easy, and lap times would be a problem too, because there are no data on the lap times with this layout on 2021/2020 f1 cars 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Even f1 drivers hate the last chicane in Spain.   So it’s not anything wrong with the track in the game.  It’s actually accurate in being a nightmare to get anything close to perfect.  I find slow in and patience before booting it

• Like 1

Jarno Opmeer said in one of his streams on twitch that apparently turn 10 at Barcelona is being changed now according to some people at Codies he’s spoken to about this years F1 E sports season. So maybe codies have gone back on the decision. 

• Like 3
On 8/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, XboistonXx said:

Jarno Opmeer said in one of his streams on twitch that apparently turn 10 at Barcelona is being changed now according to some people at Codies he’s spoken to about this years F1 E sports season. So maybe codies have gone back on the decision. 

That's either just hearsay or a surprising change in tack. Generally once a company decides something is/isn't going to happen then they stick to that steadfastly.  Saying they won't do something, and then caving, just means that next time people want something then they can just hound Codemasters until they change their minds.  Odd situation for them to put themselves in.   I know Jarno is a big dog in the eSports world so it'd be an odd thing for him to make up but they were insistent it was 2022 before.

In secondary cause and effect, if it's true and they do intend to update Spain then that must mean they have more time in the track development aspect than they expected so the three new tracks must be ahead of schedule. Well. you'd think.

• Agree 1

I suppose it might be possible to just modify the track for the eSports build but not the general release game, and thereby avoid the work of having to 'retrain' the AI. 

Edit: actually that probably wouldn't work as the AI could still be needed to take over if a driver had a connection issue. Unless they're hoping for an incident free LAN eSports event.

Edited by Ultra3142
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

I suppose it might be possible to just modify the track for the eSports build but not the general release game, and thereby avoid the work of having to 'retrain' the AI. 

Edit: actually that probably wouldn't work as the AI could still be needed to take over if a driver had a connection issue. Unless they're hoping for an incident free LAN eSports event.

Unless they went full no-mercy and if you had a connection issue, it just becomes a DNF and not an AI continuation.  Bit harsh for a few dropped pings though! 

It's possible they'll just go for stringent connection tests before games where they have to meet a minimum speed and reliability to pass the test but you cannot plan for events like power outages, network failures and things like that so it's unlikely that something they take as seriously as eSports could be decided on a connection issue. 

So changing the track just for eSports may be more hassle than it's worth?    I'm inclined to think it was a misunderstanding of the year specified so he meant it'll be next year and not this one and people misinterpreted.   Having not seen the twitch session in question, I can't really say though. 

2 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Maybe they'll roll out the T10 change along with the new tracks as a surprise update

I mean, sure.  Does set a dodgy precedent if you cave to pressure though!   Not sure why they'd insist it's not coming for so long if the plan was to do it anyway.

I think people would have desired Turkey more than a corner on Spain, but it probably is considerably less work. It's possible they had already started preparing Spain for next year and it went better than expected so they thought "ah, what the hell, chuck it in this year too". 

• Agree 3