Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guys… can you fix the steering wheel experience ?! I cannot drive in the game because my wheel is lagging and glitching when I turn it, I got DNF in couple of street circuit races because of the fact that my wheel is responding 2-4 seconds late in-game. Honestly I really enjoy the game and new factors, but the most important thing in game…steering… is broken. 😕

I tried unplugging my wheel and other things like changing settings but nothing is changing. It’s pretty weird that It doesn’t happen only in multiplayer but single-player too, even if I’m out of group chat (before the patch getting out of group chat fixed it but not this time) 

I’m just disappointed 

(I play on Xbox one/ Logitech g920) 

Ps. I know that it isn’t only my wheel cause’ many my friends have experienced the same issue. 

And I wanted to ask if any of you have experienced the same thing ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Getts0388 said:

@J0zwiakk

Did you try searching the forum for for any other threads on this subject??? I bet you will find it somewhere. As I am anti-Xbox/Microsoft, I can't help you. 

I posted it here as it’s official game forum, hope someone helps or the staff sees it and fixes it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, J0zwiakk said:

Guys… can you fix the steering wheel experience ?! I cannot drive in the game because my wheel is lagging and glitching when I turn it, I got DNF in couple of street circuit races because of the fact that my wheel is responding 2-4 seconds late in-game. Honestly I really enjoy the game and new factors, but the most important thing in game…steering… is broken. 😕

I tried unplugging my wheel and other things like changing settings but nothing is changing. It’s pretty weird that It doesn’t happen only in multiplayer but single-player too, even if I’m out of group chat (before the patch getting out of group chat fixed it but not this time) 

I’m just disappointed 

(I play on Xbox one/ Logitech g920) 

Ps. I know that it isn’t only my wheel cause’ many my friends have experienced the same issue. 

And I wanted to ask if any of you have experienced the same thing ? 

Have you tried your wheel in other games?

Also, are you using a TV or a computer monitor?

If you are using a TV, does it have a "game mode" and is it turned on?

What model is the TV if you are using one?

What model is the computer monitor if you are using one?

Do you pass the HDMI signal from your Xbox one to your TV via a HDMI audio amplifier/reciever device?

The reason I am asking these questions, is that TV's have a lot of post processing effects on them in order to "improve" the image quality that you see. This post processing adds delay to what you see on the screen, which is fine when you are watching a TV show/Movie. But it is really bad when you are playing a game. This is reffered to as "input lag", and it is vastly more noticable in First Person Shooting games and Racing games. This is due to their reactionary nature, where quick reflexes are used, and precision is needed. So it shows input lag much more clearly.

What you are describing in your post here -
 

17 hours ago, J0zwiakk said:

I got DNF in couple of street circuit races because of the fact that my wheel is responding 2-4 seconds late in-game.


This is the perfect description of what input lag looks like when playing a racing game on a TV set. A noticable delay in your inputs to what is then shown on the screen. If it is input lag, you should also be noticing that the force feedback doesnt match up with what the TV screen is showing you. This is because with input lag, you recieve the information to your wheel before the TV screen has displayed it. Meaning you are actually further along the track section and recieving force feedback information well before you see on the TV screen.

The way around it, to a degree. Is to turn on the TV sets "game mode", if it has one. This reduces the amount of post processing that a TV does, which reduces the amount of input lag you will recieve.

To put this into some context for you.

My LG 4k60hz tv has an input lag of 11 miliseconds with game mode turned on (11ms of input lag is considured exceptional for a TV in terms of gaming). Some TV's, even with game mode turned on. Can have more than 50ms of input lag.

A very entry level computer gaming monitor can have as little as 5 milisecond of input lag, in best case scenarios.

Even though 50ms is an exceptionally low amount in the grand scheme of things, it is highly noticable in First person shooters and racing games.

If you was to split the HDMI signal to a gaming monitor and a TV and sit them side by side, you would be able to see just how big of a difference there actually is.

With regards to the HDMI audio amplifer/reciever. Some of these can also add input delay, but not all. So if you use one, try plugging your Xbox one directly into your TV and see if it helps at all.

Anyway. I hope this information gives you an area to check in and troubleshoot. And honestly, I hope that your issue is actually just input lag. Because in most instances, it can be corrected much more simply then waiting for a patch to a game to address a bug.

If nothing I have suggested helps, make sure to include details on your entire setup to Codemaster when you make a proper bug report. So ideally you would need to tell them your exact TV or monitor, with relevent product codes. Tell them what HDMI audio reciever (if any) is in use. Basically, the more details you can give them, the better for them to investigate with.

Found a video from Asus which shows what I mean -

 

Edited by Ialyrn
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Have you tried your wheel in other games?

Also, are you using a TV or a computer monitor?

If you are using a TV, does it have a "game mode" and is it turned on?

What model is the TV if you are using one?

What model is the computer monitor if you are using one?

Do you pass the HDMI signal from your Xbox one to your TV via a HDMI audio amplifier/reciever device?

The reason I am asking these questions, is that TV's have a lot of post processing effects on them in order to "improve" the image quality that you see. This post processing adds delay to what you see on the screen, which is fine when you are watching a TV show/Movie. But it is really bad when you are playing a game. This is reffered to as "input lag", and it is vastly more noticable in First Person Shooting games and Racing games. This is due to their reactionary nature, where quick reflexes are used, and precision is needed. So it shows input lag much more clearly.

What you are describing in your post here -
 


This is the perfect description of what input lag looks like when playing a racing game on a TV set. A noticable delay in your inputs to what is then shown on the screen. If it is input lag, you should also be noticing that the force feedback doesnt match up with what the TV screen is showing you. This is because with input lag, you recieve the information to your wheel before the TV screen has displayed it. Meaning you are actually further along the track section and recieving force feedback information well before you see on the TV screen.

The way around it, to a degree. Is to turn on the TV sets "game mode", if it has one. This reduces the amount of post processing that a TV does, which reduces the amount of input lag you will recieve.

To put this into some context for you.

My LG 4k60hz tv has an input lag of 11 miliseconds with game mode turned on (11ms of input lag is considured exceptional for a TV in terms of gaming). Some TV's, even with game mode turned on. Can have more than 50ms of input lag.

A very entry level computer gaming monitor can have as little as 5 milisecond of input lag, in best case scenarios.

Even though 50ms is an exceptionally low amount in the grand scheme of things, it is highly noticable in First person shooters and racing games.

If you was to split the HDMI signal to a gaming monitor and a TV and sit them side by side, you would be able to see just how big of a difference there actually is.

With regards to the HDMI audio amplifer/reciever. Some of these can also add input delay, but not all. So if you use one, try plugging your Xbox one directly into your TV and see if it helps at all.

Anyway. I hope this information gives you an area to check in and troubleshoot. And honestly, I hope that your issue is actually just input lag. Because in most instances, it can be corrected much more simply then waiting for a patch to a game to address a bug.

If nothing I have suggested helps, make sure to include details on your entire setup to Codemaster when you make a proper bug report. So ideally you would need to tell them your exact TV or monitor, with relevent product codes. Tell them what HDMI audio reciever (if any) is in use. Basically, the more details you can give them, the better for them to investigate with.

Found a video from Asus which shows what I mean -

 

So i play on a Samsung curved gaming monitor and it’s not an input lag because it’s the wheel lagging (ffb glitching) only in f1 2021 and now I know that it happened for others too cause I saw it on TikTok/YouTube. 

I just want it fixed as soon as possible, Then we can launch league seasons, otherwise it’s gonna be difficult. 

But thanks for writing though. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J0zwiakk said:

So i play on a Samsung curved gaming monitor and it’s not an input lag because it’s the wheel lagging (ffb glitching) only in f1 2021 and now I know that it happened for others too cause I saw it on TikTok/YouTube. 

I just want it fixed as soon as possible, Then we can launch league seasons, otherwise it’s gonna be difficult. 

But thanks for writing though. 
 

No problem, at least we know it shouldnt be input lag. Since Gaming Monitors are much better on that front. So we now know it is a possible fault with the Xbox or the game, and if other games are ok; thats leaning more towards F1 2021.

Sorry I wasnt able to help.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...