Jump to content Jump to content

Running out off fuel issue

Although I do the full 5 race practice laps in practice. On occasion I’ve been finding myself seriously short off fuel and from mid race having to lift and coast all the way to the end..

think ive found the reason why... in practice race thing.. on occasion it will ask you to do a lap fuel saving..   and I think the game must be including that lap when  calculating your overall fuel use and thereby giving you a light load.  So just heads up if your having same problem.. whenever you’re asked to do a fuel saving lap in practice.  Start off race exit strategy and add another half lap off fuel

Just don't do the Race Strategy programme in lean fuel mix. Ever. It calculates the fuel load for the race based on these 5 laps and it doesn't take into account the fuel mix you're using, it expects you to use only standard. So when you use lean mix during this programme, the game thinks that you're just saving all this fuel naturally by yourself, and subsequently underfuels the car heavily for the race. 

• Agree 1

The race program in practice also depends on the tyres you use in that program. Doing the program with softs will burn more fuel over a lap, than on hards. So if you do this program on the hard tyres for example, but go with a soft/medium 1stop in a 25/50% race, you will run out of fuel.
But the safe bet is to put 0.4-0.5 more laps in fuel, than the session forecast tells you to. This small amount additional fuel weight does not matter in any way.

I have the same issue. What a shame. Mid race no fuel. No repaired mgua. Started from last place, because of changing the mgua before the race. The mgua was not changed, but the penalty was there. This game is beta in all ways and not done. I don´t know why so many streamers can play the game without those bugs.

Off topic
I hate all those streamer stuff. Those guys have so much advantages in many ways. Did anyone become a betakey for the ps5 beta 2.0. Did you?
I do my regestration for the beta after it was posted. I have no key. All those dudes on you tube have all the Beta 2.0 to present the new SSD update. It is on so many games that this guys have an advantage, but we buy the games too and consoles and for us it is much more difficult to receive a ps5 or xbox series x

I´m really in a bad mood at the moment. The ssd beta stuff with smiling you tubers was the tip of the iceberg for me.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76

Also don't use DRS or ERS. These reduce drag/increase speed so therefore getting round the track quicker using less fuel.

Just drive on mediums, standard fuel mix, no drs or ers. Not had a problem doing that myself. 

• Agree 2

I´m taking for 1,8 laps more fuel on my third run on sochi and than I´ve manged a tenth place, with a lot off lift and coast and no use of drs and only a little of ers, to manage the tenth place. I was driver of the day at the end, because off managing the car. 

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76

For me it happened in a wet/dry race. I did the race sim on full wets, no ERS. Then took the fuel recommended by my strategy. Has 10 laps on intermediates and switched to hards to finish the race.  Ran out of fuel with 4 laps to go. Restarted the session and added 5 laps of fuel, finished with 0.5 laps of fuel in the tank.

But not having the issue at the next race, despite running the race sim on hards.

To me it’s clearly an issue when doing one lap out off five lift and coasting equates to you race strategy recommended fuel load leaves you so drastically short.  Lift and coasting from mid race where your losing seconds every lap

3 hours ago, Aef251 said:

For me it happened in a wet/dry race. I did the race sim on full wets, no ERS. Then took the fuel recommended by my strategy. Has 10 laps on intermediates and switched to hards to finish the race.  Ran out of fuel with 4 laps to go. Restarted the session and added 5 laps of fuel, finished with 0.5 laps of fuel in the tank.

But not having the issue at the next race, despite running the race sim on hards.

Well a race simulation in the wet is obviously not going to give representative fuel use data for a dry race. I'm not quite sure how we're expected to know how to manage the situation you had though.

• Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The same problem appeared to me as well with PS4 Pro in Single Driver Career Mode.

I have been playing F1 games for quite a long time, so I am pretty advanced in managing fuel, so please avoid comments about lift and coasting or short shifting. Even when I am using mentioned fuel saving techniques, fuel usage is extremely huge and in the end, you need to overfuel inadequately to finish the race. For instance, main straight in Spain used 0.18 of my fuel. I tested this issue with simulating and actually doing all practice sessions, but it does not make any difference.

However, it looks like that other game modes have not this issue and this bug appears not to all players.

2 minutes ago, DominiqSphar said:

The same problem appeared to me as well with PS4 Pro in Single Driver Career Mode.

I have been playing F1 games for quite a long time, so I am pretty advanced in managing fuel, so please avoid comments about lift and coasting or short shifting. Even when I am using mentioned fuel saving techniques, fuel usage is extremely huge and in the end, you need to overfuel inadequately to finish the race. For instance, main straight in Spain used 0.18 of my fuel. I tested this issue with simulating and actually doing all practice sessions, but it does not make any difference.

However, it looks like that other game modes have not this issue and this bug appears not to all players.

Have you read through the thread? I'd be surprised if your issue wasn't down to what you're doing during the practice programme...

Something I always do on my first lap of the Race Sim is I put it in Lean for a few slow corners on my first lap and then I do my other three laps on Standard. Just putting in Lean for a few slow corners usually gets the Conserve Fuel bonus if applicable.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, MPHGP817 said:

Something I always do on my first lap of the Race Sim is I put it in Lean for a few slow corners on my first lap and then I do my other three laps on Standard. Just putting in Lean for a few slow corners usually gets the Conserve Fuel bonus if applicable.

Even in standard you only need to lift and cost on a long straight and it will conserve enough.  

Isn't it best to just ignore a conserve fuel objective completely on a race simulation run though? Anything else is going to mess up the fuel consumption prediction to some degree.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 2