Jump to content Jump to content

Podium Pass Prestige

Hi everyone, I never made it to the prestige level on f1 2020 so I have no idea what the locked items are. Just wondering if anyone has reached them on either 2020 or 2021 and what they are?

18 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I think it's just a badge, isn't it?  I don't think there are any super-secret prizes behind the doors? 

They're just either Silver or Gold badges (that can be use in MyTeam as well), but the design of each of the badge is slightly different from one another. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Thanks 1

At the beginning I thought they would give us pit coins for events, but nope only XP. So basically all XP (from different modes) I earn now are useless, Im sitting on prestige level 5 (maxed XP) which is only a badge without any prizes.

15 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

When do we get more stuff to unlock , coz the podium pass stuff (level 1 - I assume) was really poor, the selection is beyond poor

As you can see by the weekly challenges the intended period of the podium Pass season is 8 weeks, and then going by the last game it will take a little time for the next to start. If you open Podium Pass it gives you a time that counts down to the right of where it currently says Series 1.

I wouldn't expect a dramatic difference in the type/quality of items available in upcoming seasons than the first though.

Edited by Ultra3142
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

I wouldn't expect a dramatic difference in the dirt of items available in upcoming seasons than the first though.

It's a fresh spin of the wheel though so there's the chance we'll get some nicer stuff. Outside of 2 or 3 liveries it has been dire and the less said about the 'victory calls' the better, dear lord, t's all about Jeff and we need less Jeff not more :classic_laugh:

Suits and gloves have been awful though there has been an improvement in helmets from 20 to 21

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 8:14 AM, KNT2011 said:

It's a fresh spin of the wheel though so there's the chance we'll get some nicer stuff. Outside of 2 or 3 liveries it has been dire and the less said about the 'victory calls' the better, dear lord, t's all about Jeff and we need less Jeff not more :classic_laugh:

Suits and gloves have been awful though there has been an improvement in helmets from 20 to 21

Get in there Jeff. 😛 I kimnd o flike the radio calls as it adds a bit of personality to our avatars but each to their own I guess

Edited by sjsharp2010

The prestige reward badges are the most pointless thing. They should put unpurchaseable rare items in those slots, not a pointless 1 to 5 badge. No point earning your way past level 30 otherwise.

• Agree 2
37 minutes ago, s00zster said:

The prestige reward badges are the most pointless thing. They should put unpurchaseable rare items in those slots, not a pointless 1 to 5 badge. No point earning your way past level 30 otherwise.

Agreed , but you see CM make us wait 25 days or whatever it is for the next round of unlockables , because people get impaitent , and so they tempt us with stuff from the shop on a weekly basis in the hopes you'll spend your pitcoins, then when the new podium pass is implemeted they'll hope you need more pitcoins so spend more money getting them to unlock the podium pass. Microstransctions, hate the bloody things!

Edited by Madmaz116
54 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Well, they are 'unpurchasesble', aren't they? It's just that they don't look very impressive!

I'm only on Tier 26 I think though so I'm glad there's more time to progress.

3 hours ago, s00zster said:

I know, when i got to prestige, i thought a nice prize would be hidden behind the number 1. Unfortunately not 🤦‍♂️

I get that people don't always make it to the end. Some people have more time than others, but it would have been nice if you did have something. If people didn't want to actually pay for pitcoins to buy something from the Weekly/Daily Pass then for each prestige level, you could choose one of them to unlock for free.  You could only have a maximum of 5 so it's not too much, plus they're never going to be seen again after the first podium pass anyway. 

That way, those people who don't have much money yet really want an item in the daily/weekly but cannot stretch to physically buying it have another shot... or 5. 

26 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Arguably the prestige badges are an added something. At launch these didn't exist in F1 2020, and then absolutely nothing happened in terms of tracking XP progression beyond Tier 30.

Yes, but having something for the sake of having something isn't always worthwhile.   If it helps with tracking past tier 30 then sure it's doing something but what happens when they max out Prestige level 5?  Back to being pointless and all you've done is move the goalpost and done so without giving them a desirable reward to make it seem the effort had a end purpose. Might as well have had up to Tier 35 and had more unlockables as that's all it is, but you've made sure the last 5 things you unlock just aren't interesting.

I think it would be good to have some sort of total XP tracker that spanned all Podium Pass seasons, rather than constantly resetting. The current approach is similar to PGA Tour 2k21, and I'll bet other sports games too.

And to be clear I agree the prestige badges are naff but I was just making the point they're better than nothing at all.

• Agree 2
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think it would be good to have some sort of total XP tracker that spanned all Podium Pass seasons, rather than constantly resetting. The current approach is similar to PGA Tour 2k21, and I'll bet other sports games too.

And to be clear I agree the prestige badges are naff but I was just making the point they're better than nothing at all.

Silver ones look best 😃 they pop more