Jump to content Jump to content

make a wish for patch 1.07


Schneehase

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

so, if you had 3 free wishes to choose what should be contained in patch 1.07 (later this august, suppose), which would those be? Please stick to the format of the example below:

  1. correct the current flaws with curbs (when wheels / cars drop into invisible holes)
  2. apply the performance patch (kinda overdue halfway through a IRL season)
  3. fix graphics / textures / resolution being downscaled too close in front of your car

Next?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just one will do, fix the matchmaking in online Ranked so lobbies aren't split in half at the end of a race, with half going into solo lobbies for no apparent reason, meaning getting an evening of races with 10+ cars on track is basically not possible. You might get one, then you're booted, and back to 2/3 player lobbies again. 

I've been hard headedly trying to get as much out of it as possible but it is beginning to grate after a month with no improvement. 

Especially when 2020 lobbies are working just fine and it's easy to find a 20 car race. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. Bake in a huge splash popup with neon lettering to light up whenever the player spins saying YOU PUT A WHEEL ON THE PAINT/GRASS/GRAVEL if the player spins because he put a wheel on the painted strip, grass patch or gravel outside the track;
  2. BAke in a huge splash popup with neon lettering to light up whenever the player spins saying YOU TRIED TO MOUNT THIS KERB WITH FULL THROTTLE if the player spins because he didn't modulate the throttle correctly;
  3. Lock said players social accounts' ability to post on Codemasters forums until he opens the Instant Replay and watches if he, indeed, had a wheel on the paint/grass/gravel or was full beans when trying to mount a kerb.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, marioho said:
  • Bake in a huge splash popup with neon lettering to light up whenever the player spins saying YOU PUT A WHEEL ON THE PAINT/GRASS/GRAVEL if the player spins because he put a wheel on the painted strip, grass patch or gravel outside the track;
  • BAke in a huge splash popup with neon lettering to light up whenever the player spins saying YOU TRIED TO MOUNT THIS KERB WITH FULL THROTTLE if the player spins because he didn't modulate the throttle correctly;
  • Lock said players social accounts' ability to post on Codemasters forums until he opens the Instant Replay and watches if he, indeed, had a wheel on the paint/grass/gravel or was full beans when trying to mount a kerb.

And which splash popup for this event m8 😛 ?

Bild_2021-08-05_192513.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

Hi all,

so, if you had 3 free wishes to choose what should be contained in patch 1.07 (later this august, suppose), which would those be? Please stick to the format of the example below:

  1. correct the current flaws with curbs (when wheels / cars drop into invisible holes)
  2. apply the performance patch (kinda overdue halfway through a IRL season)
  3. fix graphics / textures / resolution being downscaled too close in front of your car

Next?

1. I want Super Bottas

2. I want Super-Ultra Bottas

3. I want James, it's Valtteri 

**F1 theme plays**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be able to play the game on Xbox Series X without it crashing and shutting off the console.   Everything else is irrelevant.  Patch 1.07 should simply be fixing this issue.  The dev team should have no other focus at this point in time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, petro1319 said:

To be able to play the game on Xbox Series X without it crashing and shutting off the console.   Everything else is irrelevant.  Patch 1.07 should simply be fixing this issue.  The dev team should have no other focus at this point in time.

Agree totally, yesterday leading 2 ranked races in a row and game crashes.

 

also just fix the game, many bugs either been in game for years or keep cropping up when new version comes out because a patch from year before not been included in new game or devs just couldn’t be bothered to go through previous version patches to check what was vital to include.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Morsify said:

1 mid race saves - put them back in!

Haha I've split my 100% Hungary race into three days this week and that would not be so seamless were it not for the mid session saves. That's on GP mode and should also be the same for career modes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Morsify said:

1 mid race saves - put them back in!

2 end of season driver transfers - put the options back in!

3 anything you like, just give me 1 and 2 before I buy.

Due to pain I cannot play for long and have been saving mid race for both my team and career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, marioho said:

Haha I've split my 100% Hungary race into three days this week and that would not be so seamless were it not for the mid session saves. That's on GP mode and should also be the same for career modes?

 

1 hour ago, peanutt2000 said:

Mid race saves are in??

 

11 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

Due to pain I cannot play for long and have been saving mid race for both my team and career.

Thanks for confirming this, I understood it was missing a few weeks back.I

That just leaves the out of season transfers, for me to buy this year 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Stop stupid transfer in career mode I can begin to play!

I agree put the driver Moves switch back in the game it is there in F1 2020 we want to turn it off or on if we want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, d1ebels said:

- fix broken curbs

- fix broken curbs

- fix broken curbs

Kerbs not broken, they changed this year to match the changes fia made to kerbs over winter as drivers were using some kerbs way too much. I found changing my controller settings and focusing on chassis in my team has negated a lot of problems I had with kerbs( also been careful with throttle on kerbs and coming out of corners).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, squalles said:

fix AI super grip mainly in wet races but happens on dry too

Yep agree certain races AI way too good in dry, eg British gp they fly through copse without slowing but If we do that we be in barriers faster than max did earlier this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn’t the performance patch already released? I had a notification in the game stating it could apply it to career saves. Though I still feel Ricciardo is too fast and Russell too slow. Ferrari seemed to have gained performance, so Codemasters definitely released some kind of performance patch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Isn’t the performance patch already released? I had a notification in the game stating it could apply it to career saves. Though I still feel Ricciardo is too fast and Russell too slow. Ferrari seemed to have gained performance, so Codemasters definitely released some kind of performance patch.

If we take what Barry said in another thread as CM word, there was never meant to be a driver stats update, so it appears to be a balls up on their part. 

The stats have applied to some people's saves, but not most from what I've gathered on here. It hasn't applied to my game for example however even if I press apply the email comes back so I haven't touched it since. 

Unfortunately nothing seems to be going right with the this launch. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My selfish list would be as follows but I'm not suggesting it should be Codemasters' priority list.

1) Fix online multiplayer matchmaking in all modes.

2) Fix ERS toggle mode operation on PS5.

3) Get HDR working optimally on PS5. The peak nit adjustment issue makes me think we're not getting the picture quality we should in gameplay. There is also the less important semi-transparent window bug in HDR mode 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Silverchris said:

Kerbs not broken, they changed this year to match the changes fia made to kerbs over winter as drivers were using some kerbs way too much. I found changing my controller settings and focusing on chassis in my team has negated a lot of problems I had with kerbs( also been careful with throttle on kerbs and coming out of corners).

 

Bro, you play this game with controller.... with controller, all aspect of driving are way easier. Ofc you struggle not so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main things I want are:

1 - Ability to disable driver transfers in Single Player modes (it's very annoying to have all the teams messed up by your 3rd+ MyTeam/Driver season, and the "older" drivers gone because they retire)

2 - Ability to access settings in loading screens (for example, to modify AI difficulty in between Q1, Q2 and Q3, etc) (Before you say "you can modify the AI before each session", yes, you can, but not in between Q1, Q2 and Q3, like we used to by pressing TAB in the loading screens in the previous game)

 

What hurts the most is that these 2 very useful features were in F1 2020 and for some reason they got removed. We're not even asking for something new, we just want some helpful features back please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AgusNC said:

The main things I want are:

1 - Ability to disable driver transfers in Single Player modes (it's very annoying to have all the teams messed up by your 3rd+ MyTeam/Driver season, and the "older" drivers gone because they retire)

2 - Ability to access settings in loading screens (for example, to modify AI difficulty in between Q1, Q2 and Q3, etc)

 

What hurts the most is that these 2 very useful features were in F1 2020 and for some reason they got removed. We're not even asking for something new, we just want some helpful features back please.

You can modify ai difficulty before you start each session.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ScaredDuck said:

I must be 😀

i get modifying ai in practice sessions.  But not in qualifying 

It's not too strange. If you have a bad car but have a low AI for a track and you get P3 in Q1, you can increase the AI before Q2 so you're not as OP. Or the opposite, if you have the best car in the grid and end up P14 in Q1, you can decrease the AI before Q2.

In F1 2020 I used to constantly adjust the AI in between quali sessions, and I know I'm not the only one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AgusNC said:

It's not too strange. If you have a bad car but have a low AI for a track and you get P3 in Q1, you can increase the AI before Q2 so you're not as OP. Or the opposite, if you have the best car in the grid and end up P14 in Q1, you can decrease the AI before Q2.

In F1 2020 I used to constantly adjust the AI in between quali sessions, and I know I'm not the only one.

I just do short session.  If I drastically get it wrong. Restart session 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

- Performance Patch

- Option to turn off mid season transfers

- Online Matchmaking Fix

If they don't deliver those things quick I could lose interest in the game and get sucked in Fifa 22 or Battlefield 2042 or both and I have only so much time to play video games and I won't play an unfinished game when there are other options 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Changed my mind, last patch no driver updates have wrecked my auto save feature in game as it no longer works and I’m very very angry about it. I’m physically in alot of pain all the time so cannot play for long so rely on the save feature during the race but today it has disappeared and when I try to reactivate it in setting it just fails every time.

 

I have no faith in codemasters fixing it quickly or even acknowledging it as earlier in year when all saves became corrupted due to a patch, codemasters took weeks to figure a work around and a month to fix it caus3 we do not matter in anyway now they have our money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Add icon drivers faces, helmets and audio names so we can play as them plus option to enable the AI to hire them in both My Team and Driver careers.

2. Ability to stop drivers retiring or being able to pick how many seasons each driver will do.

3. Ability to manually change driver lineups between seasons as well as able to change their stats for the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Make sponsor decals bought from the store and Podium Pass usable as cosmetic item in MyTeam. 

2. Numbers of sponsor decals that are included in MyTeam are somehow missing in the customization of online car, please bring them back!

3. Bring back all the liveries, race suits, helmets and emblems from 2020, there're quite a few very good ones that I really missed!

I'm probably one of the few odd individuals who cares about customization more than the racing itself in this game 🙄 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

1. Make sponsor decals bought from the store and Podium Pass usable as cosmetic item in MyTeam. 

2. Numbers of sponsor decals that are included in MyTeam are somehow missing in the customization of online car, please bring them back!

3. Bring back all the liveries, race suits, helmets and emblems from 2020, there're quite a few very good ones that I really missed!

I'm probably one of the few odd individuals who cares about customization more than the racing itself in this game 🙄 

 

Is it me or are the liveries this year pants(rubbish) compared to last year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Is it me or are the liveries this year pants(rubbish) compared to last year.  

Well I've made a couple of them works for me so far, it's about the same as last year, where some are just too weird or too restrictive to work on, but other had quite a lot of potentials if you put enough thoughts on them. 

My biggest criticism is always the unpaintable area of some liveries, they just suck the soul out of me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Well I've made a couple of them works for me so far, it's about the same as last year, where some are just too weird or too restrictive to work on, but other had quite a lot of potentials if you put enough thoughts on them. 

My biggest criticism is always the unpaintable area of some liveries, they just suck the soul out of me.

Annoys me.  Even though it shouldn’t.  But if I’m putting decals on the wings..  the should be adjustable  so they have proper coverage.  Some decals are way to small

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2021 at 12:26 PM, DutchRacer87 said:

Isn’t the performance patch already released? I had a notification in the game stating it could apply it to career saves. Though I still feel Ricciardo is too fast and Russell too slow. Ferrari seemed to have gained performance, so Codemasters definitely released some kind of performance patch.

I can't say anything about the AI yet, but in GP mode my Ferrari is definitely faster after patch 1.06.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here. Leclerc and Sainz are consistently top ten runners, Leclerc even top 5, whereas pre patch 1.06 Sainz was always outside of the top ten and Leclerc lower half of the top ten at most.

Also, Gasly seems to be a bit faster and Alfa Romeo is closer to the midfield on race pace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...