Jump to content Jump to content

Tips for podium pass

Hi all guys im enjoying the new game a lot so far...but tbh i want to know any tips to complete the podium pass faster (actually im like level 20) thx anyone

stay safe

Edit: thx a lot for the suggestion, really appreciated 

Edited by Capi64 SR
thx
5 hours ago, TwistedWays said:

turn difficulty way down so you win everything you get xp bonuses for podium positions

Agreed. Repeatedly running 3 lap races round Austria against an AI level you know you can beat easily would earn XP pretty quickly, and to be faster the restart session option can be used again after each race. The trouble is that doing this isn't really going to be any fun!

Personally I find it more satisfying to focus on completing challenges in Podium Pass to help boost XP earned a bit.

If you have online access then it's worth doing the weekly events for the XP they give.

• Like 1

I find Career Mode / My Team earns you more XP than anything else.

Doing lots of laps in career mode is how I've got up to Tier 27 so far.

You can do lots of laps in practice and then just choose 'restart session' after the end of a session to redo it, or if you hate monotony, you can set up a second career mode or MyTeam and just do more casual 25% distances races or something and have more fun earning XP that way.

• Like 1

How many XP do you get per lap in career modes? I think it's 30 in GP mode and TT (but 0 for invalidated laps), and 50 in weekly events.

With the 250 XP for a win the 3 lap race option in GP mode I mentioned above works out at about 113 XP per lap by comparison.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

How many XP do you get per lap in career modes? I think it's 30 in GP mode and TT (but 0 for invalidated laps), and 50 in weekly events.

With the 250 XP for a win the 3 lap race option in GP mode I mentioned above works out at about 113 XP per lap by comparison.

It's 100 per completed timed lap, if I'm not mistaken. So, you do seven timed laps in FP1, you get 700xp. Sometimes you get bonuses, but I have no idea what the criteria for earning bonus XP is.

I once whacked a podcast on and just did lap after lap at Austria just to boost up to the Rainbow halo sticker as Austria is the shortest lap time on the calendar. I just really wanted the rainbow to show my virtual support for our LGBT+ race fans.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Blent said:

It's 100 per completed timed lap, if I'm not mistaken. So, you do seven timed laps in FP1, you get 700xp. Sometimes you get bonuses, but I have no idea what the criteria for earning bonus XP is.

Ooh wow, that's way more than I'd expected. I didn't realise XP were so heavily biased to career mode and that's actually probably a major factor in why some find they complete Podium Passes so much faster than others (beyond simply playing longer!)

As you may guess, I didn't play career modes in F1 2020 and have yet to in F1 2021 but probably will in time.

• Social Media & Community Team

Yup, full Career Mode seasons usually fills up the pass pretty quick.

You can also get some XP from Braking Point this year too.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Blent said:

I once whacked a podcast on and just did lap after lap at Austria just to boost up to the Rainbow halo sticker as Austria is the shortest lap time on the calendar. I just really wanted the rainbow to show my virtual support for our LGBT+ race fans.

well, as bisex firstly thx for your support...second i want that rainbow too LMAO. didn't actually know that in career were given 100xp for each lap...i'll do more for the next podium pass 

Edited by Capi64 SR
7 hours ago, dwin20 said:

@PJTierney It looks as though the most pitcoins you can earn in the current podium pass without purchasing VIP is 2,500. Is that correct?

You didn't ask me but yes, which for info. was the same for every season of Podium Pass in the last game too. With VIP access you can earn a total of 10,000 which is therefore enough to buy VIP access to the next season provided you don't spend the coins elsewhere.

• Thanks 2
  • Social Media & Community Team
8 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

You didn't ask me but yes, which for info. was the same for every season of Podium Pass in the last game too. With VIP access you can earn a total of 10,000 which is therefore enough to buy VIP access to the next season provided you don't spend the coins elsewhere.

Correct. If you play long enough you should be able to unlock every successive VIP with the existing one at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just realised there is something Real Season Start is good for! It's a fast way to get to a practice session for any of the tracks raced so far, meaning for example tonight I can be earning more XP practicing Spa for the weekly event than I could in TT or GP modes 🙂.

(Yes the car performance will differ for the weekly event but I have much to improve on!)

• Like 1

It's probably going to be an unintentional side effect but start a MyTeam and just sim everything. I'd recommend changing the Career sliders so your stuff is at maximum and the AI is at the lowest but this isn't essential.  For your main sponsor, just say "complete a full season" for the first one or two. Then change to "earn this amount of points" beyond then as your car will be the best after that. For the weekly sponsors, just choose the two that say 'have no DNFs' as you'll get the payout probably 18/19 times out of the 20 race season. Then you can max out your car so the last two sponsor things can be "finish above this place".

Literally just start a race weekend and hover over Race and click simulate. You'll only get 300XP each for the first few races but once you've upgraded your car (as you still earn money and resource points whether you do anything or not) then you get 650XP for just finishing on the podium. You'll quickly fly through the podium pass without ever having done an actual race.

You also get the trophies for winning a race, even if you didn't drive it.   Totally unethical and not as much fun as actually driving but you can do a season in a few hours hours if you fly through so if you need to harvest points at the end of the podium pass and are low on time then easy money.

But don't let the powers that be in Codemasters notice this happens, it's our secret. 

• Haha 3