Jump to content Jump to content

all drivers focus stat continuously decline

• Administrator
Just now, TwistedWays said:

THANK YOU for the response  @BarryBL its all i wanted will said fix be applied to old saves?

We are working towards a solution. Unsure if this will happen at this stage, so cannot confirm or deny if it will apply to saves.

• Like 2
On 8/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, BarryBL said:

We are working towards a solution. Unsure if this will happen at this stage, so cannot confirm or deny if it will apply to saves.

I can confirm this issue on PS5. Focus stat is decreasing each GP. Also driver upgrades disappeared.

It seems that the driver stat update which was not planned caused a lot of bugs in Myteam. And this destroyed my save 😞

@BarryBL can confirm my team drivers focus stats are still very much broken your 2 biggest attractions my team and online multiplayer are both in shambles right now but hey fix breaking point the 1 mode peeps will play once just for achievment and never touch again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX MY MY TEAM MODE its all i play and i dont like seeing every driver on the grid suicide bound if you cant fix the stat disable it then or something idk but seriously im begging here PLEASE give me a my team mode that doesnt feel like a waste of time knowing all drivers stats will be in garbage by end of season

online = broken 

my team = broken

driver career = broken

xbox users = nuclear fallout 

thrustmaster users= broken 

logitech users = broken 

fanatec users = broken 

braking point = perfectly working garbage noone wants or cares about

its been a month and a half can we please have a playable game now that doesnt make our machines explode being able to use a wheel would be real nice to i love the F1 games i own them all i understand all games have bugs and issues but this is now excessive every patch breaks more of the game but hey we can hear the drs beep now

• A detailed description of the issue.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Every race every drivers focus stat drops 2-3 points per race MINIMUM including the race winner, podium finishers, no way to prevent them from dropping focus.
  • Report Code   N/A
  • Platform? Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode? My Team / Driver Career
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. N/A
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? N/A
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. 
    • delete and reinstall game.
    • wipe cache (with and without delete and reinstall)
    • reset xbox series x to factory settings
    • 2 separate save files in each mode, exact same issue duplicated with vastly different race results, was going to test more saves, but saw others across all platforms posting same issue here, reddit and other places online.                                                                                                                     
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? could gather if they'll help. But they won't look vastly different than the ones shown above.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • simply play any mode of F1 2021 that takes advantage of the focus stat. If a driver drives in F1 from the beginning of the game they will consistently receive a penalty to their focus stat every race weekend.
    • Behavior seems to be slightly different on drivers who exist in the driver market but are not signed with an F1 team. I do not have the enhanced edition of the game, so I cannot comment on the behavior of the stat on the DLC drivers.
    • Looked for correlations between the race events and results and found no correlation between any of the following events and the variance in how much the stat drops each race:
      • Grid Position vs Finish Position
      • Race performance vs Car performance rating
      • Pit Stop length
      • Driver of the Day Visual and Audio winners
      • Interview questions/answers regarding the team/driver
      • Rivalry status/performance
    • I did not test whether a longer race/session length than 25% would effect the focus drop by amount.

Juuuuust deleted F1 2020 and it looks like I've gotta reinstall it again. All the AI drivers have such low focus by race 5 or 6 of season 2 that you can't get out of a starting grid without a safety car

Also the only modes I really enjoy playing, as I have horrible luck finding matches online that are near my skill level, I seem to either get people that are a second or 2 a lap faster than I am, or where I'm doing that to the field, or they can't keep their cars under control down a straightaway (much like the AI once all their focus stats drop to the 30s and 40s, to be fair)

Hoping that another bump here might be the one we need to get some dev attention on this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

it appears to no longer be an issue can be alittle bit until you buy the first personnel upgrade that ups it its the middle option ( effects racecraft,awareness and focus)once you have 1 in there all appears to be good @Elbi also the carlos sainz virus also appears to be fixed yay (turned you into carlos sainz you could not change it)

@BarryBL

Tested by simming through the first 3 races of the season after last patch, and this recent one.

If there were any unmentioned test-fixes deployed, they don't seem to have worked, lol.

Just really looking forward to doing 2 Player Season and a MyTeam with these new focus ratings, if only they worked 🙂

Can do another bug report if needed, symptoms have not changed since 1.07 for certain though, at least on Xbox Series X.