Jump to content Jump to content

I spent the pocket money of 2 months on this game, to find out that the game is probably only for professionals with a great steering wheel. I can't drive a single lap in Monaco without destroying my car. The gamepad is so nervous. I am completely frustrated and very disappointed with this game.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, QuickH said:

I spent the pocket money of 2 months on this game, to find out that the game is probably only for professionals with a great steering wheel. I can't drive a single lap in Monaco without destroying my car. The gamepad is so nervous. I am completely frustrated and very disappointed with this game.

If you're new to the game I'd suggest Austria as a good track to learn on. Also, Monaco is difficult to drive fast even on a wheel! 

The following video may help you if you haven't seen it:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I can drive well using a controller, just practice is needed just like a real f1 driver practices over and over too. Also try and find a good vid on YouTube that shows how to set controller up properly for game, the standard settings game applies to force feedback etc are rubbish lol.

Being more specific in telling us what you're struggling with in the handling of the car would bring forth more detailed tips and insights from the community.

If you’re just venting off your frustration that’s ok too, F1 2021 surely has that special zip code where you’ll find a bit of everything.

I've practiced this course for a lot of times, with many different settings (controller calibration). Part one is ok. Hairpin and Tunnel ok. But after leaving the tunnel, especially the left and right turns around the swimming pool are impossible. It is really humiliating.  

You mean T13 and T14 at the end of Sector 2? If so, what I've found working the best for me is adjusting my entry on T13 to make my way through T14 as straight as possible. Basically, straighten out T14 so that it is barely a corner anymore. I do the bulk of the steering and deceleration after the kerb to the right at T14 because if you hit it with significant steering input or too much acceleration/braking, that will spit you to the armco barriers to the left.

Like Nico on his track guide. It actually starts at 09:03 but I timed it a bit before as he explains how tricky the section is. Notices how he avoids mounting the kerbs and only touches them with the car straight

So it's the game's fault that thousands of players can drive reasonably with gamepad, but you can't?
Monaco is a challenge even with a steering wheel. Its probably the hardest track in the game.
If you are new or not very experienced in racing games, stay away from Monaco and try Austria, Canada or Monza.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
41 minutes ago, QuickH said:

It's ok. I'm not a Professional. I've lost my interest in the game. I've been practicing for so many hours, without any success. Its just a shame about the money. 

Come back to it some other time, possibly with different expectations. There is much that can be done to adjust the difficulty of the game.

And don't assume everyone else that plays the game is of a 'professional' standard. I'm certainly not!

Guys here have a point, @QuickH. Monaco is truly special and trying to tame it first when fresh into the game could be a mistake. If it tips off the frustration/reward scale to the wrong side, you'll get burned by the game.

My first try at Monaco was me driving the three free practice sessions and simply simulating all the rest. After a whole pass of the calendar, came back to it on season 2 and it skyrocketed to one of my favorite tracks in the game. The main thing here though was that breathing space between my attempts.

Go for a ride in Hungary. It's often referred to as "the Monaco without walls". Key words here, without walls.

7 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

20 years of driving it sometimes I still skip it, **** up, get frustated with it. 

And it's a top 5 favourite all time for me. 

It is the nature of the beast. 

30 years for me.., 😛

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 2

Don’t give up. It can be frustrating for sure but you’ll get there. I’m on a wheel so not apples to apples but I suck at Monaco and I’m bouncing around like crazy all the time. I still keep it on my calendar and just lower the difficulty. 

I know about frustration as I experienced it when I first started turning off all assists last year and this game I started learning tracks without the racing line. My first night I spent hours and hours and couldn’t get within 2 seconds of my racing line times. I’m still not as fast with the racing line but I eventually got there and it’s more a personal goal of trying to play the game without any assists. I’ll never be anything close to a pro but I can compete with 70 AI for the most part and it is rewarding to me personally. Don’t give up and you will get there and you will be proud once you do. Good luck.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, QuickH said:

@qn999 

Your're right, but my dad doesn't like it that much when i spend hours at the xbox.

Did you try Austria? 

I don't think you've mentioned what assists you are using actually. The Casual 'race style' will be the easiest for you to get going with, which you can adjust from the game home tab, going to Game Options, Settings and then whatever button it indicates for you at the top right of the screen. (I play on PS5 and so don't know what it will be for you.)

i use ideal line, braking assistant mid, traction control mid

no problems with the rest of the circuits, only monaco, especially the fast turns around the swimming pool (T13, 14?), whatever i do, my front wing ist destroyed. 

Some problems with Barcelona, but it's ok.

22 minutes ago, QuickH said:

no problems with the rest of the circuits, only monaco, especially the fast turns around the swimming pool (T13, 14?), whatever i do, my front wing ist destroyed. 

OK, if it's only Monaco then that's no reason at all to give up on the game or decide you've wasted your money. If you end up deciding it's a wider issue then you are not playing the game in it's easiest difficulty setting so there is scope for adjustment there.

Bottom line - don't give up on the game just yet 🙂.

• Like 1

i forget, I've tried Baku only for one time and have some problems.

No experience with Singapore.

For a career-play is every circuit important and Monaco is the most famous circuit.  

40 minutes ago, QuickH said:

Well if your only real problem is Monaco than its not too bad is it? Especially on the Pad Monaco was and always will be difficult and with the new kerb physics the swimming pool kerb is quite deadly, it will come with experience and just more feeling for the controller, you dont need to practice Monaco for days just 1 normal season without Monaco and you will feel much more comfortable practicing it again! Dont give up and dont overdo it and it will work eventually 🙂