Jump to content Jump to content

5 minutes ago, QuickH said:

i forget, I've tried Baku only for one time and have some problems.

No experience with Singapore.

For a career-play is every circuit important and Monaco is the most famous circuit.  

Street circuits are difficult but the more you feel comfortable with your equipment (controller) the better you will get at those 🙂

As Codemasters say themself - its a Simcade,  a mix between Simulation and Arcade game, overall its more oriented to the fun part but still has some simulation aspects.. The kerbs this year went a little too far in that regard as it is, especially for new players, very frustrating on some tracks when even the tiniest move gets you spinning, but its the right direction, just needs a bit of tweaking or also an option to make them more easy to ride (for beginners)

27 minutes ago, QuickH said:

why do codemasters frustrate the gamers with this part on Monaco. I can't understand this. I buy a game to have fun.  

There are many players who can compete at Monaco against the AI at their usual difficulty setting even on controller - like me.

I don't want to be dismissive and be all 'git gud', because I know Monaco as challenging. But it is possible to get good at Monaco. You just have to work at it and develop your skills.

Once it clicks for you, you'll never look back.

• Agree 3
34 minutes ago, QuickH said:

i forget, I've tried Baku only for one time and have some problems.

No experience with Singapore.

For a career-play is every circuit important and Monaco is the most famous circuit.  

I'll ask again - have you tried Austria as I originally suggested? This really is a good beginner track, and one I learnt on a lot myself.

The list of tracks you've just named is a contender for three most difficult tracks in the game!

37 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

been Spa and Montreal For thirty years.  When the first Grand Prix sim came out on pc... those two tracks and monza were the easiest tracks when using a Stone Age joystick.  

I find Austria MUCH easier than Spa, and Montreal is somewhere in between the two.

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I find Austria MUCH easier than Spa, and Montreal is somewhere in between the two.

No doubt Austria is super easy.  Cut First corner just right and you can carry so much speed you can gain over half second.

I know spa and Montreal inside out.  Montreal is abit like Austria as knowing ideal speed for cutting a couple off corners gains loads off time

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

No doubt Austria is super easy.  Cut First corner just right and you can carry so much speed you can gain over half second.

I know spa and Montreal inside out.  Montreal is abit like Austria as knowing ideal speed for cutting a couple off corners gains loads off time

I was more coming from the perspective of a beginner. One key reason I found Austria easiest is its a short lap with relatively few corners. Spa is much longer and more complicated by comparison.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

I was more coming from the perspective of a beginner. One key reason I found Austria easiest is its a short lap with relatively few corners. Spa is much longer and more complicated by comparison.

Sorry ultra.  Your exactly right of course.  Even yanks who’ve only race around in ovals would pick Austria eventually..

but stil spa apart from the obvious bit has a nice flow to it.  Good track to help learn how to change direction  at high speed  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, QuickH said:

why do codemasters frustrate the gamers with this part on Monaco. I can't understand this. I buy a game to have fun.  

Just like @Blent I hope I'm not tapping too much from that "just git gud" attitude, but that looks to be exactly the same. I still play on a pad and I've been in your exact same shoes ability wise. Having surpassed that initial skill ceiling and seeing how much I improved, I can say Codemasters version of Monaco is alright. 

What you need is to log complete laps in there, with minimal to no use of flashbacks. The game has plenty of tools to aid you on improving your skills, now it's up to you too make use of them. I cannot think of any other racing sim with a better onboarding for newbies than codemasters F1.

If you cannot complete a lap on Monaco in Codemasters F1, mate you're not going to compete a lap there in any other racing sim.

You are nowhere near being a competitive player yet, and that's ok. Turn off or at least dial down damage severity and complete whole laps in there. Laps and laps and laps. Slowly but surely you'll improve. And when you look back you'll see what a long way you came.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Why play it if you are not having fun , life is short I can tell you , I am old and it goes real quick. There are lots of other games on the market; go play one that you find fun, or have a bad time, or buy a wheel and search out good set ups for the wheel and the car. Driving Monaco is quite easy with a good setup , if you have any understeer then you will fail. The car needs to rotate so less wing at rear and more on the front and  if you add more wing you need to stiffen the suspension to compensate and keep the car from squatting too much and losing ground clearance , the strange thing about this game is that although a lot of it is an arcade like game Monaco shows its credentials as a part simulation , people get round Monaco using a pad in ridiculous times like 1.07 which is silly but it shows what you can do if you apply yourself to the task. If you can't be bothered to make the effort then you're probably in the wrong place.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

Why play it if you are not having fun

Long term, sure, but we're talking about someone who has literally just got the game here so a little bit of perseverance to get to the point of enjoying the game more is not at all unreasonable. Particularly given they've saved up to buy the game.

6 hours ago, QuickH said:

Fun is subjective.
I don't like driving in monaco either, but I like to cause traffic jams in the hairpin, which causes surreal traffic by the AI. 
Then again, I have fun with Monaco. 😄

and besides, i have fun with the other 20 tracks, so i don't care about the one track. i didn't pay to drive in monaco.
If you only have fun with one track, you definitely don't understand the game.

• Agree 1

Dislike monaco nowadays, being a traditional track or not, the car is just to big to have any fun. I kinda enjoy when the cars were small and the track was possible to do some amazing overtakes. With that being said, I don't like playing against the AI as it is not fun for me, but last time I played on a league I had a blast.

Monaco is somewhat more on the mental side of it, we tend to see it as the hardest track on the calendar but also the most 'prestigious' (not in game, but in real like). a technical track like that does require a good setup, and nice skillset but also not being frustrated with it. As many people already said, this years codemasters went a bit on the sim side than the arcade side and that took many by surprise. If you want to dedicate to win monaco, then it's a time invested on the track. If you see as any other track on the calendar, might even be better to race and not get too much frustrated. In the end, Monaco most likely will not decide the championship

• Agree 2

Monaco is definitely not fit for purpose anymore.  I only watch it cause there’s always the possibility off a massive crash.

otherwise it’s pointless esp as the leader can drive the whole race tyre saving and engine saving.  And still he pulls away from the chasing pack cause they can’t follow to close behind 

5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Long term, sure, but we're talking about someone who has literally just got the game here so a little bit of perseverance to get to the point of enjoying the game more is not at all unreasonable. Particularly given they've saved up to buy the game

Sorry dude but that is out of context , If you carry on reading I suggest that if you want to drive Monaco then a person would need to make some effort and take some steps to improve their chances of getting around the track. If the OP is so negative about the experience he had then he doesn't really understand what F1 is about as he just wants to have fun , even in this arcade like game there is a lot of input needed by the player even at a basic level so that fun can be had.

F1 ; when discussing the actual racing part of it is about setting the car up for specific circuits and specific conditions and the game although it is very arcade like does demand that the player makes some alterations to their controller or the car setup to make it easy to drive the car around a track , that's unfortunate for people who are like the OP and just want the game to do most of the driving for them . This is  what happens when you make a game that tries to appeal to raw novices as well as very serious veterans.

F1 is complex and isn't really suitable for pure arcade because you lose the F1 part of the experience and it becomes ; dare I say it Mario Karts.

By the OPs tone I'm guessing that perseverance isn't in his vocabulary and he is leaning more towards growing a moustache than he is getting the tool box out, I could be wrong but I can only go off what he said.

• Disagree 1

Speaking off plenty off other games out there.  I’m old so don’t like multiplayer.  I like my own company.  So fancied a first person shooter campaign.  Last one I played the campaign to death and loved it despite the tactical missions being poorly done.  Was really happy black ops Cold War brought back offline campaign and cold war being my era.. woooo hoo lets spend some hours blowing stuff up.   OMG I spent more time reading boring intel rubbish

On 8/14/2021 at 3:45 AM, QuickH said:

The gamepad is so nervous. I am completely frustrated and very disappointed with this game.

It is your setup that is so nervous. Im still learning but it seems to me the balance between over and under steering is very picky in this game. I think the acceleration curve has been changed from the last game and is the base cause of the handling changes, but that's jmo.

2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Monaco is definitely not fit for purpose anymore.  I only watch it cause there’s always the possibility off a massive crash.

otherwise it’s pointless esp as the leader can drive the whole race tyre saving and engine saving.  And still he pulls away from the chasing pack cause they can’t follow to close behind 

you are totally right there but as they are there to drive around advertising for their sponsors and bring in revenue then they nail the brief every time. Mission accomplished.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Long term, sure, but we're talking about someone who has literally just got the game here so a little bit of perseverance to get to the point of enjoying the game more is not at all unreasonable. Particularly given they've saved up to buy the game.

Though you and @Exasperated touched on different points, I don't think your assessment of OP's situation differ that much. He's new to the game, still driving with assists, came in to vent off without giving enough detail or even room for us to help on his driving and refusing to increase the assists as "If i should use all driving aids that would be of no interest, then i can also watch a f1 race on tv". And this:

We're here pointing him in a reasonable direction to improve his skills and consequently his enjoyment of the game. Exasperated just flipped the coin in my opinion: if you don't want to go in this direction, the other logical one is to bail out and look for fun on a different game. In the end, there's exactly the only two choices he has, either try to put on more laps under his belts making use of what assists the game has to offer or move on to a different game. Piling up on the frustration and lashing out on Codemasters for supposedly intending to "frustrate" players with their design of Monaco is not sensible.

He'll be alright. We've all been through there. Whatever he decides to do, after another pass on the calendar in his career game or whatever he'll probably get back to Monaco with a better disposition and more experience in the game. 

Thanks for all the support, but i have practiced 500 laps in Monaco, with many different setups an its still not possible for me, to make 2 clear rounds in a role. Something is wrong with this circuit. 

I don't want to be a f1-driver. I'm a gamer. And after a long practice it must be possible to drive this circuit flawless. I'm really angry about it. 

• Agree 1