Jump to content Jump to content

1 hour ago, QuickH said:

Thanks for all the support, but i have practiced 500 laps in Monaco, with many different setups an its still not possible for me, to make 2 clear rounds in a role. Something is wrong with this circuit. 

I don't want to be a f1-driver. I'm a gamer. And after a long practice it must be possible to drive this circuit flawless. I'm really angry about it. 

First of all: 

Great to see, how much effort is coming from this comunity to help you. 

Maybe you could post a video with some laps in monaco with you for us? Some of us could help you more then. Like all the other say: monaco, and the street circuits overall, are the hardest tracks ever. I needed years until I was able to end a race in monaco and that is no joke. You said monaco is so special and famous. Right it is. But why? Because it is so difficult to drive. Thats why winning in monaco is a real special thing. Wait for it. Maybe you should try F2 first. And maybe you should try time trial. Don't be too aggressive in the beginning. You will become faster over time. First you have to drive safe, then fast. But like I said, maybe you can do a video from your laps in monaco. 

And I advise you to use more of the driving aids in the beginning. Breaking assist is well balanced since F1 2017. You can more focus on the handling of the car. Traktion control can help you too. F1 is a real difficult game to start with and you have to be patienced but in the end thats the challenge and thrilling effect here. But CM made driving aids especially for beginners. You will notice that after some time and succescul enjoyable moments you can decrease these aids. But I really recommend to use this aids when you are struggeling. 

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, d1ebels said:

I recommend you to not put any time in this game. With those Curbs, any effort is wasted time. Wait till they will fix it. Even the Esportlers are complaining about this.

The fact the OP is already enjoying most tracks, just as I am, suggests otherwise. What an eSports driver racing on the absolute limit may have an issue with does not necessarily apply to everyone.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
17 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The fact the OP is already enjoying most tracks, just as I am, suggests otherwise. What an eSports driver racing on the absolute limit may have an issue with does not necessarily apply to everyone.

Exactly this. I have seen the lines the E-sport people take, and those lines are really pushing the limits of car control. As I said in a previous thread, the cars have underbody/floor aero this year. So the E-sport drivers current lines put them in a posistion to suffer with not only a loss of car balance, but also a reduction in aero forces at the same time. So it makes sense the cars are more skittish on kerbs.

They will eventually learn to adapt, but its probably the changes to the way downforce is handled in this years game which is messing them up.

In real life they would barely use those E-sport lines, as there is the risk of damaging the cars from the added bumps. As well as flinging them into the tire walls. As those off track area's will not have the best levels of grip on them anyway. Lots of dust to go along with the added bumpiness.

I think some people forget that the actual racing surface is designated between the white lines. The kerbs and anything else added beyond those lines, are often there for safety only. Not to be used as the racing surface. The rules give some leniency for it, and for obvious reasons thats needed. So what works normally in a game, would be an extreme risk in real life.

Personally, I am not finding the kerbs an issue. But then I am not trying to follow the E-sport lines. I am driving within the realms of what I would use if I was a real racing driver.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
El 14/8/2021 a las 4:45, QuickH dijo:

Gasté el dinero de bolsillo de 2 meses en este juego,  para descubrir que el juego probablemente sea solo para profesionales con un gran volante. No puedo dar una sola vuelta en Mónaco sin destrozar mi coche. El gamepad está tan nervioso. Estoy completamente frustrado y muy decepcionado con este juego.

You need More práctice my friend....you can do ir 🤜🏻🤛🏻

13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Or, in fact, 95% of the playerbase.  I get that there are eSports drivers. Then there are sensational drivers who are nearly that level. Then there are amazing drivers who can do 100-110AI without desperate struggle. Then you have another 25% of players who've just come back from a hard days work and want to drive around in circles at a leisurely pace, not be on the edge of their seat. Then another 10% or so that are just young kids who can't do Monaco in sub 1.07 seconds in their dizziest daydreams. Then your adults who don't feel confident enough to all, or sometimes, any of have their assists off. You have those that use a wheel, those that use a controller, those that use a keyboard because they're sociopaths, those that have a full sim environment, etc.

The opinions of the very elite have very little correlation to Little Jimmy, aged 7, who just wants to drive as his hero and there are thousands of different ability levels between those two. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

It's ludicrous to use esports players as a parameter for this, really. The dollar spent and the time they invest in these games are on a different level of magnitude, not so speak about what's on the line for them, so any attempt of using them as a standard for anything should stop there already: they do not play the game as 98% of the player base does.

And that's the basis, the foundation only. Turn the cogs and the next stop is their driving and racing lines: that's the driving you get with top notch hardware and training, as said, plus exploiting everything the game allows to. Grip, lines and setups.

That's like the meta for competitive FIFA, where you'll get pretty much the same teams with the same fast winges and fullbacks and that's it – on Football! Take any Round of 16 of any World Cup and good luck trying to spot two teams that play the same.

My two cents: the higher the level of realism (i.e. the number of systems and aspects of real F1 that are simulated in the game), the greater the divide between what esports players can do and how they do it and how your average Joe plays. Haha copy their formations and tactics however you like, Oxford United or Burton Albion will never perform like Manchester City or Liverpool.

• Disagree 1
1 hour ago, marioho said:

It's ludicrous to use esports players as a parameter for this, really. The dollar spent and the time they invest in these games are on a different level of magnitude, not so speak about what's on the line for them, so any attempt of using them as a standard for anything should stop there already: they do not play the game as 98% of the player base does.

And that's the basis, the foundation only. Turn the cogs and the next stop is their driving and racing lines: that's the driving you get with top notch hardware and training, as said, plus exploiting everything the game allows to. Grip, lines and setups.

That's like the meta for competitive FIFA, where you'll get pretty much the same teams with the same fast winges and fullbacks and that's it – on Football! Take any Round of 16 of any World Cup and good luck trying to spot two teams that play the same.

My two cents: the higher the level of realism (i.e. the number of systems and aspects of real F1 that are simulated in the game), the greater the divide between what esports players can do and how they do it and how your average Joe plays. Haha copy their formations and tactics however you like, Oxford United or Burton Albion will never perform like Manchester City or Liverpool.

Me and my battered DS4 can't deal with all the tact and fine tuning in the curves hahahahaha.

Biggest problem is that the game just swinged to a side where many got caught up by surprise. No one complained when you could just take a TT setup straight to a race and do fine with it but the imbalance that a car would really be would be astronomical (by formula standards) at the real world. At the same time, many don't want to use a safer setup to be consistent but not as quick because esports drivers can do et! That's why I kinda hate metagaming, it makes the game so standardized that takes away the unpredictability when everyone is pretty much running an almost fixed setup.

I've become happier doing a setup that runs than fighting the game, that reflected well in the league I participate. Now, I'm not saying that the game physics is perfect because there are some deep issues which really should be looked at, but I can hardly call the game undriveable, it's just that it's simcade swung more in a side that needs more effort than before and truly I fail to see the game making it accessible with a nice default setup if I may be so bold to say it. In F1 2020 I race a full season with the default setup and it was fine to go with it (not quick, but doable nevertheless).

Ps: Let me show you another day my Salford Team and it's rise from 6th division to the top of the world lmao

• Like 1

@Hichel18 haha I agree with everything except the part about the default setup. Following community discussion in this thread:

The default setup seems to cater to all the players that do not want to even bother setting up their car on a per track basis. It's a jack of all trades setup that can run respectably on any track and swings to the safer/conservative kind of balance as seen specially on its rear toe value, 0.41. Rear toe is like training wheels for the F1 2021 physics, giving you a stable ride and more wiggle room for throttle application, even on kerbs. I'd say that, for F1 2021 standards, that's the definition of "not quick, but doable". 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
4 minutes ago, marioho said:

@Hichel18 haha I agree with everything except the part about the default setup. Following community discussion in this thread:

The default setup seems to cater to all the players that do not want to even bother setting up their car on a per track basis. It's a jack of all trades setup that can run respectably on any track and swings to the safer/conservative kind of balance as seen specially on its rear toe value, 0.41. Rear toe is like training wheels for the F1 2021 physics, giving you a stable ride and more wiggle room for throttle application, even on kerbs. I'd say that, for F1 2021 standards, that's the definition of "not quick, but doable". 

I'll give another go at the default setup then, I might be a little bit biased at the start of the game, doing what I just said about trying to be quick with a car that's pretty safe. I like to do it for "academic purposes" and comparing with custom setups.

Thanks for sharing the topic!

26 minutes ago, marioho said:

I did a lot of testing with an Austria setup I had built over time since Real Sport put out their baseline setups but for some reason couldn't get reliably to the 1:04.7 mark (no DRS)* I was aiming for. When I noticed how wildly different the differentials were in the default setup I threw it on and beat my time by a tenth on the first lap without being on the edge at all. 

Really made me rethink how I look at the rest of my setups now. 

*I appreciate if some hot shots are whupping 1:04.7 like it's nothing but it's typically the leading best lap time in the high silver ranked races so it is my target to beat

• Like 1
1 minute ago, QuickH said:

The ideal line shows me the way of the curbs, but if i follow, my car break out and i will hit the wall or fly out. What is that ****. **** Game. 

Sorry. 

It could be better to find your own line. Sometimes the ideal line ingame isn't the best racing line.

For curbs it could be the setup or you take them the wrong way. Don't blame the game for every failure you make. There are tons of videos from guys riding the curbs without spinning. Avoid the curbs or learn do take them correctly.

You should invest a bit of time and effort in this game. It's far away from a real simulator but it's also not Mario Kart.

• Agree 2
On 8/16/2021 at 2:57 PM, SmokyAtom07 said:

there are amazing drivers who can do 100-110AI without desperate struggle. Then you have another 25% of players who've just come back from a hard days work

Hmmm - does that mean I go to work without knowing it? Or does it mean that I think I go to work day after day, but in reality all these hours every week are just an illusion? If not I must be doing something wrong, since it seems I have to work AND challenge the harsh AI? Somehow I am dizzy now... 🤪🤢🥵

2 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Hmmm - does that mean I go to work without knowing it? Or does it mean that I think I go to work day after day, but in reality all these hours every week are just an illusion? If not I must be doing something wrong, since it seems I have to work AND challenge the harsh AI? Somehow I am dizzy now... 🤪🤢🥵

An interesting question with different interpretations!    I'll ignore that it's out of context as you've removed the following part of the quote about them just wanting a leisurely drive 😂

It's possible that you go to work every day and they just gave you a chair that spins and that's your whole day just getting dizzy that way?  I'd imagine that's not the case though and there could be overlap between certain groups... maybe 😆   Or you just really like punishing yourself with challenging AI after a shattering days work! 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

An interesting question with different interpretations!    I'll ignore that it's out of context as you've removed the following part of the quote about them just wanting a leisurely drive 😂

It's possible that you go to work every day and they just gave you a chair that spins and that's your whole day just getting dizzy that way?  I'd imagine that's not the case though and there could be overlap between certain groups... maybe 😆   Or you just really like punishing yourself with challenging AI after a shattering days work!

Hmmm - or, which is the most unlikely though, but of course one still has to take it into consideration, or my drive is not "amazing" at all? We do not want to go into depth about that, do we 🤣

@QuickH the racing line aid follows the geometric racing line, not the ideal racing line. On the very first page of this thread we were giving you tips and even a video guide of the track to get a better line through the circuit so I really don't know why you're insisting with it.

And even if you were to follow the racing line of the game perfectly, you could still do a proper lap of Monaco. Just slow down. Barring a mechanical failure, every motorsport crash always come down to the driver being faster than he could: either faster than the track allowed or faster than his skills enabled him to go. In this case, probably the latter. Slow down.

If you really want to improve with the help of this community, consider (again) uploading a clip of you driving. Blaming the game will get you nowhere. You're just blinding yourself to your own faults and shortcomings.

Edited by marioho
30 minutes ago, QuickH said:

At some point you've to get the feeling that you're getting better. I don't get that feeling. I'm losing interest. 

There are four days between your opening post and your last post. Do you really thought you'll make big steps within four days? It is not a full simulator, but it's also not an easy game where you get instant good lap times. Don't compare to the guys on youtube. The guys driving against 95AI and higher doing this for years. They know each track in detail. Every corner, every bump...

My suggestion would be lower your pace, try lift and coast without stress. Mostly you ending up nearly as fast as before. For me it is most important to feel the flow of a track, before trying to get fast. It is important to do 80-90% of driving automatically, without thinking about it. When you get to this stage, and it could be a long time, than you can try to force yourself.

Too much force from the beginning will always lead into a mess. Sometimes i do it also, than i have to step back and concentrate. Mostly it ended up in faster lap times and better driving, than before.

• Agree 1

This is the only f1 game were I actually have to practice before I do a session . As it more challenging handling and very easy to make mistakes and it very unforgiving. I did 30 laps straight at Monza yesterday on time trial and still don't feel confident around it were as past games it was a easy track. People will either love the challenge of literary having to forget how you drove on previous editions and learn a new style or they will hate it say it broken kerbs etc . Personally I love the challenge just wish it was in a more stable state ie single player modes etc . But as the feel of it to me it the best it ever been . Frustrating, challenging but rewarding when you get it .....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Just now, QuickH said:

@Akkan74

i've opened the thread 4 days ago, but i bought the game three weeks ago. I've looked how the ai-drivers take the turns in monaco and if i do the same, it won't works. 

Again, without a video of your driving, nobody can say if it's the line (even if you think you did exactly the same like AI) or speed or setup. Spinning on curbs or unsettled behaviour of the car is mostly setup related, but it could be also your brake and throttle adjustments.

All what i got from your side up to now is "i can't drive fast in Monaco". That's not enough to give some helpful tips. There are so many things starting from setup, through steering angle or speed or throttle input....

If you really want some helpful tips from the Pros here at this Forum make a video of your setup and driving style and post it in this section.

• Like 1

https://racinggames.gg/f1/f1-2021-monaco-setup-career-mode-my-team-race-setup-xbox-pc-ps5-f12021setups/

This is my setup. I've tried many more, but this is the best for me, i think.

i only have a problem from outside the tunnel to La rascasse. i can't drive this part fast without hitting the wall. Problems with Spain (Curbs)

I can't play so often, because my father said 2 hours/day is enough.   

my times in monaco between 1:14 and 1:17 (Aston Martin), an Bahrain (my favorite circuit) 1:26,800 (Aston Martin)

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, QuickH said:

@Akkan74

i've opened the thread 4 days ago, but i bought the game three weeks ago. I've looked how the ai-drivers take the turns in monaco and if i do the same, it won't works. 

Hi @QuickH,

Firstly, its great for me to see our community coming together to offer tips and encouragement. Class to see, and I'd like to be a part of it. 

For context, I race on around 95 AI and have a Thrustmaster TMX that I bought before I worked here, that has somehow survived 5 years now. I've been playing racing games since Grand Prix 2 when I was 6, on a joystick thing. That's 25 years, and I've never won a (competitive in season) league race! Part of me doesn't want to. I love the midfield fight!

But I agree, Monaco is tough. Really tough, and always will be. I retired in Lap 1 of our league championship because I may a silly mistake. Some tips from me:

• Monaco especially is ALL about rhythm. Feeling good, rather than going fast initially. Work up to your good laps. 
  • Use the 'maximum downforce' preset. Its a good balance if you don't want to set the car up yourself.  I use it as a basis to begin practicing on. 
  • All F1 games have had HUGE skill gaps in players. Don't compare yourself to the elite of the elite. I don't, and I work here! 😛
  • Like @Akkan74, some videos of your laps may help. We wont judge here. There's a lot of people on these forums who would love to part-time be a race engineer.
  • Don't beat yourself up. I had A SHOCKER at Monaco last week, and am currently on a 3 DNF streak in our league. Not ideal, not the end of the world.

If you are new to the series (were not sure), start with the assists. Turn damage off or reduced, add TCS and ABS. What is most important, for me anyways, is enjoyment. My brother and my mate do a 2P career together and just have a laugh and cause some mayhem. If they are enjoying it, we've done our job. You can always turn them off as you gain confidence. Its well known I run with Traction Control on Medium, because I don't get enough practice on-track anymore! 😄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

That is not a good setup for a beginner like you. Increase front toe to 0.10 and tear toe to at least 0.41. It's a narrow circuit and you need every help you can get to have a gentler ride over the kerbs.

Look for PJ Tierney and Nico Rosberg track guides in Youtube.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1