Jump to content Jump to content

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, marioho said:

That is not a good setup for a beginner like you. Increase front toe to 0.10 and tear toe to at least 0.41. It's a narrow circuit and you need every help you can get to have a gentler ride over the kerbs.

Look for PJ Tierney and Nico Rosberg track guides in Youtube.

@PJTierney has just been mentioned in the same sentence as F1 World Champion Nico Rosberg. Thought I'd get that to your attention PJ.

PS: Trust Nico first 😛 

• Haha 6
  • Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

@PJTierney has just been mentioned in the same sentence as F1 World Champion Nico Rosberg. Thought I'd get that to your attention PJ.

PS: Trust Nico first 😛 

That's it, I'm retiring. I've peaked.

PS: When are you putting me in the Deluxe Edition?

• Haha 6
  • Agree 1
50 minutes ago, QuickH said:

But i don't want to practice forever. I want to play a career. It's difficult enough to memorize all the circuits in this game. 

Bear in mind you can learn each track as you get to it in a career, rather than trying to memorise them all at once. This is definitely what I'd do if your primary interest is a career mode.

This years career i went with the following: 

Tweak setup during the practice programmes;

Go with what I have to the race.

Not always it Will give me an ideal race condition, but im not an expert on setups and racecraft too. Plus it becomes a bit unpredictable the races. But it does give me a fair pace between racing and practicing.

I like to think that this way os what happens in real F1, not always they will have the perfect setup or rhythm, but they go as it will. 

I've played f1 since I was a child and Monaco will always be nervewracking and challenging, its part of the racing season. You will get the hang of it eventually

• Agree 1

@Hichel18 that's pretty much what they real drivers experience in the sport too. I follow so many podcasts and outlets out there that I've honestly lost count at this point, so I'll just give you two snacks for the go.

• Sauber's Willem Toet, former Benetton and Ferrari aerodynamicist, sharing plenty of his experiences on everything motorsports, nay, scratch that, everything sports, from the time he had to hacksaw the car parts he had to abide to the on-season regs change of 94 and how he made a certain marathon runner run... "hotter" than usual. All of that on Scott Mansell from Driver 61 podcast. It's a podcast, but this particular episode I strongly recommend to watch on youtube as Toet gesticulates a lot to explain the aerodynamic concepts he's referring to.
  • Jock Clear's interview on F1 official podcast Beyond The Grid. This is one of my favorite podcasts and this was a helluva episode! Jock was the race or performance engineer or driver coach of some low life drivers you may not have ever heard about like Hamilton, Michael (and Mick) Schumacher, Nico Rosberg, Leclerc and Rockstar Turned F1 World Champion Jacques Villeneuve. He candidly shares his stories. Wanna a tease?
    • Usually drivers have their throttle pedal with a travel of something on the ballpark of 50-70mm. Meaning, from position zero to full throttle the pedal is depressed 70mm. That's 7cm for those of you reading this too early in the day to do proper math – or 2.8 inches for those born on the wrong hemisphere. Every driver has their own preferences regarding pedal travel. The shortest throttle travel he ever saw a driver choosing was 45mm or 1.8 inches. Villeneuve? Oh boy, no no no. Villeneuve here felt that anything north of 22mm made for an undrivable car! Anything more than 0.86 inches of travel and "this throttle pedal is far too long, I cannot drive that". That's 2cm between closed throttle and wide-open throttle!

Haha sorry for going off topic here but being honest this thread has run its course. OP has plenty of advice on how to improve and get fun out of this game and whenever he chooses to upload a clip of his driving or to at least offer a follow-up on any of the points and pointers he received we'll get back at taming Monaco in no time, I'm sure. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Wise man 👍

2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Will never be esports king with that attitude :classic_laugh:

So glad I’m the daddy.  My kids  don’t even get to touch my PS4 pro and ps5...  my 11yo daughter is always asking to have ago.  I tell her no cause she hasn’t inherited the gamer gene.  So she’s only allowed a switch and her phone

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, marioho said:

Usually drivers have their throttle pedal with a travel of something on the ballpark of 50-70mm. Meaning, from position zero to full throttle the pedal is depressed 70mm. That's 7cm for those of you reading this too early in the day to do proper math – or 2.8 inches for those born on the wrong hemisphere. Every driver has their own preferences regarding pedal travel. The shortest throttle travel he ever saw a driver choosing was 45mm or 1.8 inches. Villeneuve? Oh boy, no no no. Villeneuve here felt that anything north of 22mm made for an undrivable car! Anything more than 0.86 inches of travel and "this throttle pedal is far too long, I cannot drive that". That's 2cm between closed throttle and wide-open throttle!

Maybe he preferred something similar to a loadcell, where you modulate with pressure rather than travel distance.

15 hours ago, QuickH said:

But i don't want to practice forever. I want to play a career. It's difficult enough to memorize all the circuits in this game. 

You seem like a very young person. Maybe telax a bit and don't set your expectations too high.

Because of casuals like you that are complaining a lot, the experienced online players and pro racers suffer, as Codemasters tries to artificially create stuff with the physics, setups and circuits to make it fit for casual players.

And that also makes career and offline a focus... when are the hardcore fans ever going to get what they ask for for years. A more realistic F1 game with better physics, accurate/equal car performance, updated tracks, no bugs and online issues, working safet  car etc. Could go on for days.

• Disagree 2
2 hours ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

Because of casuals like you that are complaining a lot, the experienced online players and pro racers suffer...

You have no more right to play or enjoy the game than anyone else. New players should be welcomed and encouraged, not criticised as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree 4
3 hours ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

You seem like a very young person. Maybe telax a bit and don't set your expectations too high.

Because of casuals like you that are complaining a lot, the experienced online players and pro racers suffer, as Codemasters tries to artificially create stuff with the physics, setups and circuits to make it fit for casual players.

And that also makes career and offline a focus... when are the hardcore fans ever going to get what they ask for for years. A more realistic F1 game with better physics, accurate/equal car performance, updated tracks, no bugs and online issues, working safet  car etc. Could go on for days.

Give Me my money back, I'll be gone, I promise!

(or make corresponding references on the packaging of the game)

3 hours ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

That he might be overreacting is one thing but online players are not the majority of the playerbase and a developer will always do more for the bigger playerbase. That aside if you want full on realistic physics and stuff play a full on sim, Codemasters always said its a simcade not a simulation. There are enough "hardcore fans" to justify that aswell lol and they are not the reason why the cars are not accurate in performance, the tracks are outdated, there are many bugs etc. stop that dumb hating only because the game isnt exactly like you want it to be!

• Agree 1
  • Administrator

We make the game in a way that a player can find  a competitive challenge, regardless of skill level and ability.

@QuickH, if you want to be quick but don't have the time to practice, I'd recommend turning damage off and assists up at specific tracks. If not and you want a refund (and believe you have valid grounds), mail custservice@codemasters.com. 

However if it is only because you are struggling at a certain track, it may be difficult. Its like asking for a refund because a level on a shooter is hard on the hardest settings, and you can't speedrun it. Even better idea, skip it! Don't choose it in your career modes. I skip Monaco and Singapore, because I'm pants at them. We give you the option to do this.

• Agree 5

There's also no shame in turning on assists or lowering difficulty levels.

Change whatever you need to make you happy, you're no less of a player by not playing on ultra-hard mode and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Some people take 20 minutes to get good, some 20 hours, some 20 years. Find what makes the game fun for you now, and once you feel comfortable start tweaking the settings and challenging yourself.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There's also no shame in turning on assists or lowering difficulty levels.

Change whatever you need to make you happy, you're no less of a player by not playing on ultra-hard mode and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

I need traction control (mid), brake control (mid) and the ideal line (without them i don't know where i'm going 😉), but with all assists it would be like watching f1 on tv. 

2 minutes ago, QuickH said:

I need traction control (mid), brake control (mid) and the ideal line (without them i don't know where i'm going 😉), but with all assists it would be like watching f1 on tv. 

You're off the mark here, mate. 

The game has an array of tools like no other to match the experience with your skills. I've said it plenty before and still bears repeating: I have yet to find a game (period) with a better onboarding than Codies' F1. A racing game that still has realism as a goal? Pff, I'm even more positive of that.

Onboarding is the process of getting new players acclimatized with the game's concepts, mechanics and systems. In a racing game, that can be done by, speaking broadly:

• Simplifying settings and car setups;
  • Having systems in place that aid the player in handling the car;
  • Enabling players to customize their experience.

In F1 2021 everyone has a match to get some kicks out of the title.

There are Racing Styles with a myriad options within to choose from and it is done in the best way possible: the player simply chooses the archetype that they best fit in, from Casual to Standard and Expert, and the game will organically put away options and settings that e.g. a beginner could not be fiddling with. And there's no real barrier here, no "play or pay to unlock", no grind, nothing; whenever one feels they can take a step forward they can simply flick a switch in the settings to open up more customization options. That's UX and streamlining done right, enabling the customer to have the experience they want with no hassle or clustering. 

There are driver assists for every aspect of a racing game. Steering, Braking (plus ABS, and they're tackle completely distinct aspects of decelerating a race car), Traction Control, Transmission and the helpful Racing Line, most of them with various levels of interference in the player's input. 

And there's this other tab in the settings menu that you are criminally ignoring – and to your own misfortune, mate! The Simulation settings. You can tweak Car Damage and Car Damage Rate there and even Collisions is a toggle!

Now if you refuse to use these tools AND don't feel like putting in the time needed to get better in the game without aid, you're in a pickle. You're wrong in likening playing F1 2021 with assists on to a passive experience like that of watching TV, just to begin with. The experience is much more than that even for an impaired player that needs those aids or a complete casual that doesn't want to bother with the whole deal. Nonetheless, if we assume for a moment it is okay to think of an assisted playthrough this way, what can you, personally, do if your skills (in Monaco at least) are not good enough to anything deeper than "watching f1 on tv"? That's not on Codemasters, that's on you. 

If you somehow stumble upon a solution to cooking an omelet proper without having to crack eggs, please let me know. Seriously, I'd love that.

One last tip that may scratch your itching. Make use of the option to customize your Season Calendar, exclude Monaco from it and picture yourself simulating the 2020 season. Covid F1! No shame in that and still immersive of an experience.

My advice turn off racing line . Actually learn the tracks instead of relying on a bright line telling you were to turn and break .Will make you a better driver on every track when you can use your own judgement ... Example I used to race online with a friend on 18 I believe it was custom season etc and we were pretty close in pace. Then we joined a random lobby one night we started 1 and 2 5 laps around Hungary and the lobby had line restricted. and I absolutely left him behind nearly 10 seconds behind in 5 laps and afterwards he said reason was without the line he was lost for braking because instead of actually taking notice of were to break he just got so used to just following the line and when it wasn't there he was useless... And you will also be faster when you pick your own lines/braking points.....

Pinned comment in that official guide links to 30+ official tutorials (from 2020) that will teach you everything you need to know about driving in the game.

• Like 2

i can't handle it, i can't get a smooth race. In wet conditions can't even make 2 corners. Not only Monaco, the other circuits too. I don't want that anymore, because i'm getting more and more aggressiv during the game. I was about to break my gamepad. That would have been a disaster. 

Thanks for everyone who helped me here, but it's just too hard for me. It's a shame about the money, but nothing helps. 

14 hours ago, QuickH said:

i can't handle it, i can't get a smooth race. In wet conditions can't even make 2 corners. Not only Monaco, the other circuits too. I don't want that anymore, because i'm getting more and more aggressiv during the game. I was about to break my gamepad. That would have been a disaster. 

Thanks for everyone who helped me here, but it's just too hard for me. It's a shame about the money, but nothing helps. 

It's a shame as you did get alot of advice that would be helpful to most gamers so it was nice to see everyone pull together to try and help, even if it was futile.

I would only recommend the having assists on and then removing one-by-one when you're thinking you're nailing it.  I know you think it's like 'watching F1 on TV' but only if you do that all the time for the rest of the game-year. It's only a short-term investment until you get the hang of it so you don't feel like you've wasted your money. By the end of September at the latest, you could have them all off and still be competitive but it's not something that happens overnight. 

Unfortunately however, if you can't get past the second corner anyway and still don't want to try something to help yourself, then nobody else can help you. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1