Jump to content Jump to content

16 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

It's a shame as you did get alot of advice that would be helpful to most gamers so it was nice to see everyone pull together to try and help, even if it was futile.

I would only recommend the having assists on and then removing one-by-one when you're thinking you're nailing it.  I know you think it's like 'watching F1 on TV' but only if you do that all the time for the rest of the game-year. It's only a short-term investment until you get the hang of it so you don't feel like you've wasted your money. By the end of September at the latest, you could have them all off and still be competitive but it's not something that happens overnight. 

Unfortunately however, if you can't get past the second corner anyway and still don't want to try something to help yourself, then nobody else can help you. 

Maybe I'm just not talented enough for this game, i've had it for a while, and there is simply no progress. 

1 minute ago, QuickH said:

Maybe I'm just not talented enough for this game, i've had it for a while, and there is simply no progress. 

I'd say that scenario is highly unlikely.

If monkeys can write Shakespeare then I daresay that humans can do well on F1 2021 with 0 AI and full assists. Now somewhere between 0 AI and Full Assists and 110 AI and no assists is your playing level and you just have to find it.

You're definitely talented enough for the game, just probably not at the level you're thinking you could... yet.   Nobody goes from Newbie to 110AI immediately. It takes time, practice and a few aggressive retorts to people saying "it's just a game" when you know it's more than that. Then you get to the level you want to play at, and possibly beyond. 

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'd say that scenario is highly unlikely.

If monkeys can write Shakespeare then I daresay that humans can do well on F1 2021 with 0 AI and full assists. Now somewhere between 0 AI and Full Assists and 110 AI and no assists is your playing level and you just have to find it.

You're definitely talented enough for the game, just probably not at the level you're thinking you could... yet.   Nobody goes from Newbie to 110AI immediately. It takes time, practice and a few aggressive retorts to people saying "it's just a game" when you know it's more than that. Then you get to the level you want to play at, and possibly beyond. 

Listen to my man.... I’ve been playing racing games for 40 years, thousands upon thousands off hours and even now any new game I get... I start on lower difficulty and use default assists.  Until I get a feel and understanding for it then I start ramping it up from there.

• Disagree 1

I always have the feeling i'm driving on eggs. If i drive over the ideal line over die curbs, my car fly off. 

At some point you get so frustrated, that you lose interest. 

Maybe the Experts here with a super steering wheel have more fun with this game.

That's Ok. 

A friend of mine has the game forza motorsport 6 and the drive feeling is much better there.  

4 minutes ago, QuickH said:

I always have the feeling i'm driving on eggs. If i drive over the ideal line over die curbs, my car fly off. 

Maybe the Experts here with a super steering wheel have more fun with this game.

That's Ok. 

A friend of mine has the game forza motorsport 6 and the drive feeling is much better there.  

I use a pad always have

13 minutes ago, QuickH said:

That's Ok. 

I use a controller. Always have, and probably always will.   I'm far from an expert neither but i've no intention of being one though. 

Tbh, you can just use the balanced set-up that you're assigned at the start of every race and that'll be okay for virtually all the tracks on the game even on controller. 

You can keep trying to find excuses in peripherals but you have to accept, at some point, that the issue may be more internal if you're wanting it to be easy immediately. 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I use a controller. Always have, and probably always will.   I'm far from an expert neither but i've no intention of being one though. 

Tbh, you can just use the balanced set-up that you're assigned at the start of every race and that'll be okay for virtually all the tracks on the game even on controller. 

You can keep trying to find excuses in peripherals but you have to accept, at some point, that the issue may be more internal if you're wanting it to be easy immediately. 

I keep saying it's up to me!!!

3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Listen to my man.... I’ve been playing racing games for 40 years, thousands upon thousands off hours and even now any new game I get... I start on lower difficulty and use default assists.  Until I get a feel and understanding for it then I start ramping it up from there.

Similar history to me, ive been playing racing games since 1989 on an Amstrad CPC 464. Started with keyboard, then digital gamepad, then analog controllers to finally a full wheel setup. Racing games are the most played games I own, and I have put in so many hours; its honestly mind boggling. I used to practice for hours on the Nordschleife in any racing game that had it.

3 hours ago, QuickH said:

That's Ok. 

Forza is a great game on the control pad, ive played every iteration of it. Both Motorsport and Horizon. FM7 and FH4 are worth a look. FM7 ultimate edition (one with all the DLC) is currently discounted, as Microsoft are removing it from sale in September due to licensing for the game ending. Its worth picking up while you can.

As for learning in racing games, what can help is driving slower then you feel you really should be. A lot of people new to a different type of racing game, or new to racing games in general. Will often drive far faster into corners than they really should, and accellerate out of the corners far more aggressivly then they should. Which leads to losing control basically any time you breath on the throttle, brakes and steering.

By slowly driving the tracks and learning them bit by bit, you give yourself breathing room and space to grow; and it can reduce the frustration. I know you say you are limited on time, and thats fine. Because even a little practice just a couple of days a week will eventually pay off. I know its not what you want to hear, but you can only learn and improve if you put in the time. But making sure to take breaks when it gets too much is an important factor, as trying to practice while frustrated will just make it harder to learn.

Its the same with anything in life. I love to cook and bake, and I wasnt good when I first started to do those things. I got better with time as I gained more information and skill with the craft. I also love to draw, and I have been drawing all my life. But I went from stick figures in my youth, to been able to do so much more now. You can only learn things by doing them, and sometimes you just have to push past the frustration.

So dont worry about tuning right now, dont worry to much about racing. Just pick a track and practice it, start by driving slowly to give yourself thinking time. And then as you get more comfortable, build up the speed. Once you are going at a reasonable pace on that chosen track, pop into GP mode and begin the process again racing with the ai. You will soon see some gains if you slow down. To drive fast you first have to drive slow. It sounds backwards, but it works.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Similar history to me, ive been playing racing games since 1989 on an Amstrad CPC 464. Started with keyboard, then digital gamepad, then analog controllers to finally a full wheel setup. Racing games are the most played games I own, and I have put in so many hours; its honestly mind boggling. I used to practice for hours on the Nordschleife in any racing game that had it.

Awesome I had a cpc 464..and a commodore 16 before that with 16k.  Haha. Before that Atari console