Jump to content Jump to content

Is it just me or is Hamilton and Mercedes given undue preference in AI settings in Grand Prix. Hamilton always leads. If I practice in a Mercedes it is faster than a Red Bull. If I practice in a  Red  Bull it is slower than a Mercedes. Has Codemasters noticed that Red Bull is actually faster in the real world. I think it it is good old British favoritism showing through. That's also why McLarens can easily overtake my Red Bull. British driver?

Also I would have liked then  driving physics improved rather than all the waste of  endless story modes. 

3 hours ago, Igbon said:

Is it just me or is Hamilton and Mercedes given undue preference in AI settings in Grand Prix. Hamilton always leads. If I practice in a Mercedes it is faster than a Red Bull. If I practice in a  Red  Bull it is slower than a Mercedes. Has Codemasters noticed that Red Bull is actually faster in the real world. I think it it is good old British favoritism showing through. That's also why McLarens can easily overtake my Red Bull. British driver?

Also I would have liked then  driving physics improved rather than all the waste of  endless story modes. 

Because their cars are simply faster in the game.

Mercedes in the game this year has better drag, better engine, and only marginally worse rear downforce than Red Bull (but in career their rear downforce will eventually become much better than RBR through upgrades).

The drag advantage is about 2kp/h over RBR on the top-end, but their acceleration is better because of the engine advantage.

While McLaren is still using last year's drag value which was designed to compensate the lack of power from the Renault PU, this year they have the best PU so they simply became too fast on the straight. This definitely needs balancing because RBR actually got more drag this year (a straight nerf) to balance out the power gained from the Honda PU, CM probably had forgotten about re-balancing the McLaren.

In this case, McLaren had around 3kp/h advantage over RBR, but then again, they could reach that top-speed faster than the Honda PU could reach theirs. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Igbon said:

Mercedes is a German company...

All you're seeing though is that the in-game performance more reflects last year than this, as we've yet to have a more realistic performance update.

Also, car performance has somewhat varied from race to race this year. 

On the the last point, the driving physics HAS been noticeably improved this year.

12 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Mercedes is a German company...

All you're seeing though is that the in-game performance more reflects last year than this, as we've yet to have a more realistic performance update.

Also, car performance has somewhat varied from race to race this year. 

On the the last point, the driving physics HAS been noticeably improved this year.

I believe the team itself is more British than German though, since Mercedes (Daimler AG) is more of just a shareholder than actually being the one running the team which was based in UK. 

The current performance chart preference is based on last year, with most of the changes being on adapting the new floor-generated downforce mechanics, and on the engine performances to "sorta" match real life. Only Alpine/Renault & RBR got some noticeable nerf on their drag value.

Edited by DRTApophis
1 hour ago, DRTApophis said:

Because their cars are simply faster in the game.

Mercedes in the game this year has better drag, better engine, and only marginally worse rear downforce than Red Bull (but in career their rear downforce will eventually become much better than RBR through upgrades).

The drag advantage is about 2kp/h over RBR on the top-end, but their acceleration is better because of the engine advantage.

While McLaren is still using last year's drag value which was designed to compensate the lack of power from the Renault PU, this year they have the best PU so they simply became too fast on the straight. This definitely needs balancing because RBR actually got more drag this year (a straight nerf) to balance out the power gained from the Honda PU, CM probably had forgotten about re-balancing the McLaren.

In this case, McLaren had around 3kp/h advantage over RBR, but then again, they could reach that top-speed faster than the Honda PU could reach theirs. 

Actually looking at the data, they just nerfed Red Bull too much and didnt give them their aero advantage.. Many things are completely off to real life considering the actual data.. All cars are way too fast but McLaren feels only too fast because Merc and RB are too slow especially Merc with their Silverstone upgrade which reduced their drag greatly!

Regarding the changes to downforce and engine its tough to say because the completely overhauled the downforce values instead of being at like 2.3 they are now at 1 for RB and the engines are actually a little joke because there are only 2 engines within the game, Merc and Not-Merc; CM balance the straightlinespeed only with Drag

45 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Actually looking at the data, they just nerfed Red Bull too much and didnt give them their aero advantage.. Many things are completely off to real life considering the actual data.. All cars are way too fast but McLaren feels only too fast because Merc and RB are too slow especially Merc with their Silverstone upgrade which reduced their drag greatly!

Regarding the changes to downforce and engine its tough to say because the completely overhauled the downforce values instead of being at like 2.3 they are now at 1 for RB and the engines are actually a little joke because there are only 2 engines within the game, Merc and Not-Merc; CM balance the straightlinespeed only with Drag

Oh dear I wasn't even aware of the engine values, guess I'll need to go back to do some double checking.

Aero wise, RBR is definitely the biggest loser of the big 4 after fully maxed out (Ferrari / Merc / McLaren / RBR)

Edited by DRTApophis
1 minute ago, DRTApophis said:

Oh dear I wasn't even aware of the engine values, guess I'll need to go back to do some double checking.  

Was like this last year too, started with Ferrari having the same stats as Merc engine and then the performance update made Renault, Honda and Ferrari powered cars all the same values

18 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Was like this last year too, started with Ferrari having the same stats as Merc engine and then the performance update made Renault, Honda and Ferrari powered cars all the same values

If you mean starting with Ferrari engine in MyTeam then the situation is different.

All engine of MyTeam cars use the same value as the Merc engine at the start, the only things that separate them are the supplier upgrades, they all have different parts pre-installed in new game which boosted them in different way. While the real teams actually started with entirely different engine with distinctive values (except Merc), separated from the MyTeam car. Though that being said, when all the engines are maxed out in-game, they all became identical in terms of performance.

Tbh, I never understand the reason behind such silly game design, it's like they think players are too pathetic so they need to give us a handicap in engine performance. A no-name customer team having better PU than the factory team? Like seriously?

Edited by DRTApophis
25 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

If you mean starting with Ferrari engine in MyTeam then the situation is different.

All engine of MyTeam cars use the same value as the Merc engine at the start, the only things that separate them are the supplier upgrades, they all have different parts pre-installed in new game which boosted them in different way. While the real teams actually started with entirely different engine with distinctive values (except Merc), separated from the MyTeam car. Though that being said, when all the engines are maxed out in-game, they all became identical in terms of performance.

Tbh, I never understand the reason behind such silly game design, it's like they think players are too pathetic so they need to give us a handicap in engine performance. A no-name customer team having better PU than the factory team? Like seriously?

No you missunderstood me haha i referred to the overall values at release of the game Ferrari/pre nerf, im aware of the "MyTeam balancing" 🙂 The teams themselves still got the same engines regarding data (Merc engines and not-Merc engines) but is shown differently in the performance chart for some reason, dunno why, but the basis for all Ferrari, Honda and now Alpine powered cars is the same..

Programmers do such things to simplify their work (i guess) but in some cases it ***** completely with simple working systems.. Seen such stuff in other games too and CM only do this to this extent since F1 2020

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

No you missunderstood me haha i referred to the overall values at release of the game Ferrari/pre nerf, im aware of the "MyTeam balancing" 🙂 The teams themselves still got the same engines regarding data (Merc engines and not-Merc engines) but is shown differently in the performance chart for some reason, dunno why, but the basis for all Ferrari, Honda and now Alpine powered cars is the same..

Programmers do such things to simplify their work (i guess) but in some cases it ***** completely with simple working systems.. Seen such stuff in other games too and CM only do this to this extent since F1 2020

I just went to check the files, Renault and Ferrari seems to be just separated by one line, so there's still performance difference between them but is probably very miniscule. Honda though, is completely different from all other suppliers just like Mercedes. So technically they're all different from one and another.

Do you mean just how the in-game chart display the performances? I think that graph is accurate according to what I saw in the files.  

Edited by DRTApophis
9 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

I just went to check the files, Renault and Ferrari seems to be just separated by one line, so there's still performance difference between them but is probably very miniscule. Honda though, is completely different from all other suppliers just like Mercedes. So technically they're all different from one and another.

Do you mean just how the in-game chart display the performances? I think that graph is accurate according to what I saw in the files.  

Im referring to the overall values which are the same for Honda, Alpine and Ferrari, except for the maximum revvs and the decimals, the big numbers are exactly the same like

It doesnt make any difference in speed like that as for the important revvs Merc has 15000 more in value, 0.0008 difference doesnt matter haha but you are right they are not 100% identical but its miniscule/unimportant