Jump to content Jump to content

Carnage in Austria.... can’t lie it was awesome.

Ok first season myteam.  Austria..  last years game the lack off ai doing anything more than clipping an odd front wing in a race and a once a season a car might crash out.  Not very f1..

was glad to see this year ai cars collisions result in maybe two cars crashing out.

well here i was doing awesome. At Austria.  Let’s face it. It’s got to be the easiest track to master. Anyway.    Alonso loses front wing in first corner. As he goes to pit Norris clips him and loses his front wing...  so now Norris in 9th is holding everyone up behind.  A couple off cars pass him just before he almost gets back to the pits...but  mick Schumacher rear ends him.. and the cars behind have nowhere to go and they all pile in... results in 5 cars crashing out and another 3 in the pits with no front wings... I look on race directors incident page and for the first time ever I have to scroll down the page...   then just as safety car comes in it starts raining.. so everyone pits,   I get out behind max and he spins off the track...  at turn two.. and as  rain was forcast I setup the car with extra rear downforce.  And softened suspension.  And more by luck got the setup perfect;  and came second behind Lewis.  

I watched the replay off the crash and it looked so much like that time years back when there was a huge multi car at Monaco after the first corner.. there was bits off car flying everywhere... all done 6 cars crashed out.. none with yawn mechanical failure..   and no I’m not wanting this to happen every race.. but once or twice a season would make it more inkedping with real f1

I know a lot off people have had problems since patch 1.06 but on my ps5 the game runs great to looks amazing and I don’t know if it’s to do with the patch or I’ve just got used to the ps5 controller... cause controlling the car is so much more linear.  Every race so far has been so much better just cause the controlling the car is a lot less effort than before.

i will say I have safety car on reduce and it’s been out in every race so far... but I’ve generally gained as a result so can’t moan

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

i will say I have safety car on reduce and it’s been out in every race so far... but I’ve generally gained as a result so can’t moan

This is so frustrating to read.

I have SC on Increased and have multiple races in a row with zero Safety Cars.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Blent said:

This is so frustrating to read.

I have SC on Increased and have multiple races in a row with zero Safety Cars.

It’s bizarre.. my previous myteam game that got corrupted. In 18 races.  No safety cars.  Yet it rained in 12 off the races and 2 races that it didn’t rain in had wet qualifying.  Yet not a single practice did it rain.. think I hadt to setup my car so many times for wet races blind that When the game tries to cheat and catch me out I’m expecting it to start raining harder and sooner than my perfect forecast Tells me.  And planned accordingly.  Default strategy is soft soft medium.  Which I accept.  But when I make my first stop I change to medium.  I think the ai always covers your pre race strategy.  And it’s only move is for the ai cars to go faster.

and just like the matrix.  Ai is still governed by rules.  

That said I’m probably wrong but if I’m consistently finishing higher than my teams ranking.  It feels like the game either enables cheats or scripting to slow you down..  using more frequent wet weather in the race or deploying safety car more seem to be its go to. 

Edited by ScaredDuck
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

It’s bizarre.. my previous myteam game that got corrupted. In 18 races.  No safety cars.  Yet it rained in 12 off the races and 2 races that it didn’t rain in had wet qualifying.  Yet not a single practice did it rain.. think I hadt to setup my car so many times for wet races blind that When the game tries to cheat and catch me out I’m expecting it to start raining harder and sooner than my perfect forecast Tells me.  And planned accordingly.  Default strategy is soft soft medium.  Which I accept.  But when I make my first stop I change to medium.  I think the ai always covers your pre race strategy.  And it’s only move is for the ai cars to go faster.

and just like the matrix.  Ai is still governed by rules.  

That said I’m probably wrong but if I’m consistently finishing higher than my teams ranking.  It feels like the game either enables cheats or scripting to slow you down..  

I just wish there was some kind of explanation for why the SCs are so inconsistent between players for no obvious reason.

It's like there's some kind of random seed generated when you start a career mode that affects what your experience is going to be like, or something like that.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Blent said:

I just wish there was some kind of explanation for why the SCs are so inconsistent between players for no obvious reason.

It's like there's some kind of random seed generated when you start a career mode that affects what your experience is going to be like, or something like that.

Or very possibly what you just said.  

Loke when I have my favorite playlist on shuffle.  Sometimes it keeps picking one song way more than the rest