Jump to content Jump to content

Please don't mess up the handling with the performance patch

Part of being good at your job is realizing when you did something well and let it be as it is.
So i would suggest to leave the cars be as they are.

The cars feel so much more alive now and it is super rewarding to master trailbraking.
I had more fun in my first league race than in all races in deadcar F1 20 combined.

I even heard the rumour that we are going back to mandatory 50% brake bias, that would the worst trainwreck possible. Please don't **** it up, i beg you.

• Agree 3

If they do only a relative performance patch - meaning the cars performance being accurate relative to each other - the handling will stay the same! If they decide to make the performance like in real life - meaning all cars need to be slower by like ~4 seconds than it might change the handling..

I dont feel F1 21 as that amazing (handling wise) as it feels just "swimming"/not connected to the road but im on the pad, on the wheel its a completely different story. Anyway the brake bias shouldnt be affected as it isnt important for the performance patch.

It’s annoying all to often developers release a update to address/improve something.  But when just one or two things need alittle tweaking they can’t help but tweak everything out off balance.

like painter that’s painted a master piece.   Only he or she or non binary keeps touching it up until it’s ruined.  

1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

I dont feel F1 21 as that amazing (handling wise) as it feels just "swimming"/not connected to the road but im on the pad, on the wheel its a completely different story.

Not sure if you were commenting from experience on a wheel there but I'll just say I find I have much better 'feel' for the car in 2021 on my wheel. Most notably in terms of either telling when I'm close to losing control, or having a chance to catch/correct a spin when it happens. 

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Not sure if you were commenting from experience on a wheel there but I'll just say I find I have much better 'feel' for the car in 2021 on my wheel. Most notably in terms of either telling when I'm close to losing control, or having a chance to catch/correct a spin when it happens. 

No i dont have a wheel, i just meant that only because it feels swimming to me on the pad, it doesnt say anything about how it feels on the wheel

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

If they do only a relative performance patch - meaning the cars performance being accurate relative to each other - the handling will stay the same! If they decide to make the performance like in real life - meaning all cars need to be slower by like ~4 seconds than it might change the handling..

i really really hope thats the case.

And when it comes to handling on pad i dont know anything about it, but i guess its the same as in that it just takes time to learn.
It took me over 100h in the game until i was comfortable with lowering the brake bias below 56/57 in some situations, and IMO thats exactly how it should be.

10 minutes ago, Br0wniE said:

i really really hope thats the case.

And when it comes to handling on pad i dont know anything about it, but i guess its the same as in that it just takes time to learn.
It took me over 100h in the game until i was comfortable with lowering the brake bias below 56/57 in some situations, and IMO thats exactly how it should be.

Haha its not a problem for me to drive, it just doesnt feel connected to the road this year for me, its weird, might also just be the PS4 controller on PC but it doesnt bother me, im totally fine at 101/102 difficulty, all good haha

29 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I just dont like some kerbs lol but i dont think that F1 21 is any harder on controller than the previous games

yes some kerbs are deadly, but that is also a good thing. You either lift going over them or you have to adjust the ride height a bit, so its a trade off, a little less floor downforce for the ability to go over the kerbs. Like in real life!

Being able to make your own setups also helps a lot, because the TT setups are 90% memes.
I can assure you the pros in psgl drive much more stable setups, especially with more downforce.

59 minutes ago, Br0wniE said:

yes some kerbs are deadly, but that is also a good thing. You either lift going over them or you have to adjust the ride height a bit, so its a trade off, a little less floor downforce for the ability to go over the kerbs. Like in real life!

Being able to make your own setups also helps a lot, because the TT setups are 90% memes.
I can assure you the pros in psgl drive much more stable setups, especially with more downforce.

Lol its not like real life but its probably a bit closer than F1 2020. In RL they dont lift on kerbs and ride height also isnt the solution as i run it high haha

Depends what kind off curbs though.  Spain for instance.  Avoid them and your lap times suther.  Slightly touch and your spinning.  If you lift off over them car loses traction and put power down a fraction early your spinning.   You need full attacking commitment.  Break early then accelerate over them making sure you have as much off your car over the curb as track limits allow.  

For years and years I sucked at Spain.. then watching Spainish one day.  Commentator ask Coulthard  how best to approach the track and he said live front end and maximum attack when going over curbs.  Next time I race at Spain it worked.  But not in every corner.  But that’s pretty much how I handle all corners with pesky curbs.  Well All except the sausages

16 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Depends what kind off curbs though.  Spain for instance.  Avoid them and your lap times suther.  Slightly touch and your spinning.  If you lift off over them car loses traction and put power down a fraction early your spinning.   You need full attacking commitment.  Break early then accelerate over them making sure you have as much off your car over the curb as track limits allow.  

For years and years I sucked at Spain.. then watching Spainish one day.  Commentator ask Coulthard  how best to approach the track and he said live front end and maximum attack when going over curbs.  Next time I race at Spain it worked.  But not in every corner.  But that’s pretty much how I handle all corners with pesky curbs.  Well All except the sausages

Spain is not really a problem for me, mostly dont like the Esses in Suzuka, im fully aware of how you attack the corners with steering angle and such matters, but as is the Esses are pure pain because its always been a tough drive but now that you almost cant touch a kerb there with soft suspension is too annoying. Hungary has also some annoying kerbs but its much more reasonable IMO except for the chicance lol sausage kerbs just hurt especially as they are not there IRL haha but i can deal with that..

Other than that there are some painful kerbs distributed but you can deal with them, exceptions being Monaco swimming pool and Spa some corners, they are unrealisticly spinhappy lol

I’m with you when it comes to Suzuka.  It’s all about throttle finesse.  But tiny bit to much or less and I’m spinning.  That’s said really getting used to ps5 controller and,  I who has zero finesse in my fingers.  Is finding triggers seen help give me finesse 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 12:08 AM, Br0wniE said:

There. I tried to stop this. 50% brake bias coming back. The worst thing codies could have done and they manage to do it. Incredible.

I would be very disappointed if we reverted to having to use 50% brake bias as the meta to be fast as that is even more unrealistic them the current handling model making it impossible to attack corners at low speed.

Besides, 50% brake bias doesn’t exist in any vehicle ever (road cars, Racing cars, even Karts with front brakes). Not possible!

I myself go kart with front brakes and if i were to put the brake bias at 50% i would lock the rears in every corner at any speed, same goes for any other vehicle in the world, including F1! Please dont do this codies!