Jump to content Jump to content

AI Grid Penalties are too Frequent

• A detailed description of the issue.    I play on Player Career Mode on the Xbox One, with full Qualifying and 50% races. Every race there are at least 5 drivers who receive grid penalties and I feel it is not realistic at all. An example of this is in Brazil, where I qualified P9 in the Alpha Tauri yet start P5 due to grid penalties to the AI. My teammate Gasly qualified P10 yet starts P11, which makes no sense as you can’t get a 1 place grid penalty. At the race in Australia I qualified P8 yet start P2 due to penalties. In my latest race at Monaco I start P4 at Monaco even though I qualified P7. In total there were 5 drivers who got penalties, including the top 3. It has crossed my mind that the results in qualifying could not have been carried over to the race however sometimes Crofty says the line ‘They’ve taken a grid penalty’ and their delta has a - in front suggesting they were quicker.
  • Report Code                                                  JXGA-MSJP-DCDM-GTEG 
  • Platform?                                                       Xbox One
  • Game-mode?                                                Single Player Career Mode
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.                                                                Not really sure what I could do. I tried to turn off Parc Ferme rules for the race in Abu Dhabi, however there where still 7 drivers with grid penalties.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.                            Unfortunately I don’t.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.         Partake in a full qualifying session. Go to the race like normal and watch the starting grid before the race. I then see that a lot of drivers are out of position and that they’ve received penalties.

I am constantly having this problem. Playing Xbox Series X, my team, full 60 min practices, full qualy, and 50% races. Every race my grid position is jumping up 5-10 spots. Or more. Just done the Japanese GP went from 22nd to 9th. USA now 18th to 11th. Game breaking. The AI do way too many laps in practice. I do about a 1/3 of theirs and my engine is on the brink of needing to take penalties. Its impossible to work out who has taken penalties as it's just the audio commentary that mentions it sometimes but the order is so random and mixed up I dont know whether it is just that. Last year at least had the graphic saying -10 grid penalty below their picture on the grid graphics. I had other drivers who qualified above me, move up but now be below me too. So they cant have taken a grid penalty else they wouldnt be able to move up too. I worry the order for qualifying gets lost too as it surely cannot just be grid penalties. Report code for my current situation which is the USA GP is AAGS-SAPB-VVXD-GTEG. 

Yep this happens to me too. I can understand maybe 1 or 2 a race max. 

But towards the end of season 1 in career I've been bumped up around 6 places due to the AI taking grid penalties. 

Super unrealistic