Jump to content Jump to content

Soft tyres in race allocation

webthiago

Watch how many sets you use in practice.. every time you go on track try whenever you can to use just one set off tyres.. not sure about this year but last years game would auto fit a new set whenever you went out during practice.  P2 I just use one set off hards and maybe a soft. P1 one set medium. P3 don’t go out.  

Edited by ScaredDuck

3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Watch how many sets you use in practice.. every time you go on track try whenever you can to use just one set off tyres.. not sure about this year but last years game would auto fit a new set whenever you went out during practice.  P2 I just use one set off hards and maybe a soft. P1 one set medium. P3 don’t go out.  

All practice sets are returned after practice. But theoretically you should be able to use any set allocated for qualifying in the race. 

5 hours ago, webthiago said:

Hello All,

I need some light here.

Even saving a new set of soft tyres in Q1 as I'm doing only one fast lap, it is unavaliable to use in race strategy.

This is happening to you?

Thanks

How do you know you’re are not able to use this set of tyres? There should be 3 sets of soft available if I remember correctly? Are you trying a 3/4 stop strategy so you use all 3 sets?

2 hours ago, johnboy83 said:

How do you know you’re are not able to use this set of tyres? There should be 3 sets of soft available if I remember correctly? Are you trying a 3/4 stop strategy so you use all 3 sets?

Always when I try a 2 race strategy. Starting with soft, then medium and then I need to choose between a new medium or an used soft.
The one that I saved during Q1 it's not avaliable.

Edited by webthiago