Jump to content Jump to content

F1 E-Sports Champion Jarno Opmeer says "something is very wrong with the 2021 game"

F1 E-Sports Champion Jarno Opmeer says "something is very wrong with the physics of the 2021 game" as he again shows the weird physics problem that appears in the 2021 game at all tracks, it has been spoken about by quite a lot of people at this point, especially Opmeer. 

@BarryBL are the devs aware of the issue Jarno is describing 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Haha 1

He is right that it is unusual if it's not there every lap. If it's part of the fundamental track design then you'd expect it at every lap.

However, there are two possibilities;

1. Track evolution - The track could be designed to evolve the grip levels so the track isn't the track from the start of the game. For example, at the start of the race, there's no bumps but as the track rubbers in, there's a bump due to their attempts to program that have gone slightly awry.  However, it would be a scenario where it didn't happen at all and then started happening after a certain point, or vice versa.  Every other lap or so is unusual but not impossible.
  2. Perfect storm. It could be that it only happens at certain speeds and at certain angles, etc. Where issues like this are possible but only when the variables are within certain ranges. So this lap he hits in at around 5degree angle at 280kph and it bumps... whereas next lap he could hit it at 2degree angle at 275kph and it doesn't.   Certain problems only exist with certain variables aligning in certain windows. 

Still something they need to look at though if it causes issues for players. 

• Administrator

Thanks for all of the reports everyone. 

This has now been added to our internal report and is with developers. Please continue to post reports so we can add this to our feedback for the team

• Thanks 5

Can't see the video.  I know he's a E-Sports F1 Video game Champ.  But would love to have real F1 drivers express their opinions too.  Just looked at a video from the official F1 Youtube Channel that had Lando Norris and George Russell playing the game.  I know they are gamers as well.  What better than to have real Formula 1 drivers give their input on this issue.  

• Agree 2
27 minutes ago, NestoChe said:

Can't see the video.  I know he's a E-Sports F1 Video game Champ.  But would love to have real F1 drivers express their opinions too.  Just looked at a video from the official F1 Youtube Channel that had Lando Norris and George Russell playing the game.  I know they are gamers as well.  What better than to have real Formula 1 drivers give their input on this issue.  

Over the years I’ve on occasion wondered to myself when seen something odd in the game, if  they actually had any input from anyone that knew anything about f1

3 hours ago, NestoChe said:

Well I saw the video. You don't need the opinion of a real life driver. From that video I understand why he is an E-champ. After watching that video I wondered if F1 drivers know these tracks in real life as good as Jarno knows the tracks in the game. I never played this game like he does. It doesn't look fun playing that way but if it does make you a champion. I have watched many of Jarno's video's and always wondered how he does it. That video reveal its. He analyses every bit to see where he can gain an advantage. It's like counting cards but better. 

Edited by BelgiumDude
6 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

At least you get the attention of the devs when you are an e-sport champion 😄

Yeah; guess that's why I still can't play the game without it crashing and turning off my xbox.  🙄  Someone get Jarno an XB-SX maybe when it crashes on him it'll get fixed and I can actually use this game I apparently never should have bought

1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

Yeah; guess that's why I still can't play the game without it crashing and turning off my xbox.  🙄  Someone get Jarno an XB-SX maybe when it crashes on him it'll get fixed and I can actually use this game I apparently never should have bought

That's very unfortunate for you, but this is the first time I've heard of this bug. but it may also be that it's xbox exclusive, I'm on playstation. 😉

8 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Well I saw the video. You don't need the opinion of a real life driver. From that video I understand why he is an E-champ. After watching that video I wondered if F1 drivers know these tracks in real life as good as Jarno knows the tracks in the game. I never played this game like he does. It doesn't look fun playing that way but if it does make you a champion. I have watched many of Jarno's video's and always wondered how he does it. That video reveal its. He analyses every bit to see where he can gain an advantage. It's like counting cards but better. 

Sorry, I'll take an opinion from a young "Real" F1 driver like Lando or George to improve the game better and more realistic than a "Video Game" E-Sports F1 arcade gamer. I'm assuming this E-Sports video game Champion has never driven any car on a real F1 track to make a judgment if there are some physic issues in the game.   If this person you are talking about is some kind of real life race driver (doesn't have to be professional) Karting or small Formula cars will do then I can understand but I doubt it.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
On 8/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, TomAAA said:

F1 E-Sports Champion Jarno Opmeer says

We had a similar topic earlier, didnt we? Such comments are important, as they count / draw more attention than dozens of bug reports on the forums.

6 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

We had a similar topic earlier, didnt we?

Ah yes here it was:

16 hours ago, NestoChe said:

Can't see the video

Me neither - has been censored already, guess who 😄 

Edited by Schneehase
10 hours ago, NestoChe said:

Well, I stand corrected. I never heard of him in the F1 circus talk.  Why isn't he in F2 or F3? Is he still a young pup?

He did not had the money and funds from sponsors etc to make the jump into the higher F-classes so he had to quit. After that, he focused on Sim Racing.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, VaiVeloce said:

He did not had the money and funds from sponsors etc to make the jump into the higher F-classes so he had to quit. After that, he focused on Sim Racing.

Oh, that's too bad.  I understand it's not easy when you don't have the cash $$$ or someone to sponsor you.  That's the unfortunate part of International Formula series of racing.    You have to be lucky I guess.  Maybe doing E-Sports and him being a Champion maybe he will get notice if he's that really good, that is, if he's still young enough to continue his dream.  

• Agree 1

Jarno is 21 going by Wikipedia. I'll be honest I'd guessed he was a bit older.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarno_Opmeer

This link also provides some racing results info. which may also have influenced his driving career progression.

The fact remains though that he does have some genuine real-world racing experience. I'm not sure if any of the other top eSports drivers do?

Progression from sim-racing to real racing is also becoming more common I think, for example James Baldwin and Jimmy Broadbent. Ability and therefore insight in one area is not completely unrelated to the other.

• Thanks 1
Just now, d1ebels said:

haha, even the best player complains about the physics, and yet here are people who deny this fact and try to disrespect his opinion. 

This **** happens only in the Internet😄

Err, on what grounds are you 'disagreeing' with my post above that you've just reacted to?

30 minutes ago, d1ebels said:

haha, even the best player complains about the physics, and yet here are people who deny this fact and try to disrespect his opinion. 

This **** happens only in the Internet😄

Well, F1 2021 still has good ratings from serious websites. I dont know if Codemasters focus more on god ratings from online portals or negative bug reports from some streamers. maybe both.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Jarno is 21 going by Wikipedia. I'll be honest I'd guessed he was a bit older.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarno_Opmeer

This link also provides some racing results info. which may also have influenced his driving career progression.

The fact remains though that he does have some genuine real-world racing experience. I'm not sure if any of the other top eSports drivers do?

Progression from sim-racing to real racing is also becoming more common I think, for example James Baldwin and Jimmy Broadbent. Ability and therefore insight in one area is not completely unrelated to the other.

Oh you'll love this

Highly recommend watching the whole thing. It's a documentary so no harm splitting the viewing in a handful of sessions. If the opening doesn't capture your interest, perhaps this part will.

• Like 1