Jump to content Jump to content

Vent on helmets, decals on helmets

Like the title says, old feature visuals, bring back vents to the helmets (they are present on the drivers helmets). 

Add customisable option for helmets regarding decals, even for career mode. The helmets look pretty dull as it is now IMO. I understand everything needs approval, but to add team specific decals/name/sponsor on your helmet in career would be very cool and improve immersion. 

Edited by Btrgamble
Spelling and forgetting words

I do like the idea of more relevant helmets for particular teams.   They're the obvious target but Red Bull / Alpha Tauri where it looks odd that you have no branding relevant to the team does affect things.  Not gamebreaking but it is an improvement to make things feel more real.

I wouldn't mind if they reduced the quantity, but increased the quality. So instead of having like 100 random helmets, they had like 3 unique Mercedes ones, 3 unique Red Bull ones, 3 unique Ferrari ones, etc.  So you get only like 30 at the end but they look like the teams would actually use. Then just 20 or so random ones that you can use for MyTeam that look better than the ones they have now. 

Failing that, just make 20 unique helmets that are the same fundamental base design but can have each every teams logos on it without it looking silly. 

3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I do like the idea of more relevant helmets for particular teams.   They're the obvious target but Red Bull / Alpha Tauri where it looks odd that you have no branding relevant to the team does affect things.  Not gamebreaking but it is an improvement to make things feel more real.

I wouldn't mind if they reduced the quantity, but increased the quality. So instead of having like 100 random helmets, they had like 3 unique Mercedes ones, 3 unique Red Bull ones, 3 unique Ferrari ones, etc.  So you get only like 30 at the end but they look like the teams would actually use. Then just 20 or so random ones that you can use for MyTeam that look better than the ones they have now. 

Failing that, just make 20 unique helmets that are the same fundamental base design but can have each every teams logos on it without it looking silly. 

While I think the quality of helmets has taken a big jump this year, go look at 2020 compared to the detailed and realitic styled helmets we've had so far in 21, night and day difference, I do agree there should be much more done here. 

I don't why this would be an issue with the teams as you could have it where player must have signed with a team to have access to their designs. Think of NBA 2K where you get drafted and can buy endless amounts of gear for your team. 

Along with liveries, suits, cough emotes cough, it's another under utilised feature set especially when compared to other games.