Jump to content Jump to content

legendary drivers dont receive personel buffs

Right now, I’ve noticed nobody is receiving those bonuses. Not in my team or on driver career mode. I’ve been checking the messages & nobody seems 2b talking about it. I was beginning 2 think it was just my game. I’m on season 2 w/ Haas & Mick was moving up w/ them. Now he’s back 2 standard. It all started w/ the new patch 4 me. I’m also n yr 2 w/ my team 2 & Russell has none even though I’m on level 2 personal. 

42 minutes ago, greenmind73 said:

Right now, I’ve noticed nobody is receiving those bonuses. Not in my team or on driver career mode. I’ve been checking the messages & nobody seems 2b talking about it. I was beginning 2 think it was just my game. I’m on season 2 w/ Haas & Mick was moving up w/ them. Now he’s back 2 standard. It all started w/ the new patch 4 me. I’m also n yr 2 w/ my team 2 & Russell has none even though I’m on level 2 personal. 

Which seems to be the reason why currently the AI drivers are finally performing similar to their real life counterpart (except for Riccardo).

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Which seems to be the reason why currently the AI drivers are finally performing similar to their real life counterpart (except for Riccardo).

I was thinking the same thing last night. I like that they’re not getting that boost. The previous games seem 2 be less realistic as the seasons go on & I normally don’t play more than 1 season b4 I start over again. Half way though season 2 is when I feel things aren’t right & start over thinking it’ll b different the next time & it never was. I know everyone wants a toggle switch 4 everything, but this would b a good 1 for me. I’d prefer 2 play w/ out them on my team. Driver career doesn’t seem 2 do it as badly 2 me. 

Like everyone else has said, they're not applying anywhere and personally, I prefer it this way too. No more Omega Bottas dominating the game for starters.

Permanent stat boosts are a poor design and hopefully they stay away. For example, why would you spend 20mil hiring Hamilton when you can spend 6mil and get Gasly when both would have 100 stats? Unless they "overstacked" stats so that a +10 pace would give Hamilton 108 and not maxed at 100 then sure. But the game seems a lot better balanced without the permanent boosts. It just means that some drivers (Russell, Sainz, Ocon, Alonso, Rosberg and Button most notably) need some increases to their original pace stat.

The single race boosts are fine, and maybe the personnel facility should only affect the chance of stat boosts appearing in team activities and events. Or, they should boost how effective the temporary boosts are, so rank 0 pace facility would mean pace boosts don't appear, rank 1 could give +2 pace boosts, rank 2 could give +5 and rank 3 could give +10. Essentially, remove driver stat boosts from the marketing facility and have that solely boost resource points and funds while the personnel facility boosts the driver stats in activities the same way marketing currently does.

Edited by Wynterdust
  • Agree 1

Why train them if they cant help ya win the Construction championship when ya can just buy your way there? Why have Legendary drivers if they can't compete? Why invest in your simulator if there is no reward for doing so? I'll say it..........STUPID!

I would like 4 there stats 2 change as they grow or deteriorate as time goes by. I’ve got George Russell as my #2. His experience stat was 58 when I started & it’s still 58 2 seasons later. So y has he not gained any experience? He has 2 have done something the last 2 yrs. I know he has won a race & had 2 podiums in my my team seasons, so is that not enough experience 2 at least go up 2 60?! Seems it should 2 me. 

11 minutes ago, greenmind73 said:

I would like 4 there stats 2 change as they grow or deteriorate as time goes by. I’ve got George Russell as my #2. His experience stat was 58 when I started & it’s still 58 2 seasons later. So y has he not gained any experience? He has 2 have done something the last 2 yrs. I know he has won a race & had 2 podiums in my my team seasons, so is that not enough experience 2 at least go up 2 60?! Seems it should 2 me. 

Atm the driver stats system is probably just broken, wait for them to patch it because EXP stat always goes up over time in last year's game.

6 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Atm the driver stats system is probably just broken, wait for them to patch it because EXP stat always goes up over time in last year's game.

I thought it did as well, which is why I was surprised that it wasn’t happening in this 1.