Jump to content Jump to content

Codies, Game Makers.. doubt you will read

It’s pretty much all tech based cooperations.   I’ve said everything you’ve said over and over for years.  And generally my posts either get locked or I get banned.. fair play to moderators here.  You get to make your point and express you displeasure and as longs your not just hurling abuse or attacking any personally.  Your not gagged or locked up.

but I’m noticing it more and more on all forums.  People are sick off paying for games that are fall off bugs. And sick off developers taking their core customers not just for granted but using tactics to exploit more and more money from them.

Pay to win and loot boxes have made the news showing the bad practices developers use to exploit mainly kids.  Cyber punk also for be released nowhere near finished.  It starts slow but momentum will build. 

What I hate the most is as a business whose success rests on the public buying your products.. you should automatically do everything possible to keep them happy 

Personally I now wait roughly 6 months after games are released. before buying 

I couldn’t wait for project. Cars 2 to be released.  Was like a kid at Christmas. Got it day off release.  And first race starts gets to first bend and track lead straight into a tyre wall.  Nothing worked right. It took 9 months off multiple 20+ Gb patches before I got to play the game it was advertised to be.  I honestly believe I was a victim off fraud.

so now I just assume when all games are released they still need months before they are actually finished.  Also waiting six months means getting second hand for half the price. Your also right they won’t read it.  Even if they do they do they won’t let on

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 2
15 hours ago, Sparticus_19 said:

Look, I've praised the game and really really tried to give it a chance, but the unbalanced AI from track to track, the AI flying through corners that play can't possibly match, random crashing for literally NO reason, unbalanced my team driver transfers, and thats just the short list...  did you guys not care to make sure that this game was completed before you released it?  I mean we hear NOTHING from you guys, you message Barry or another admin and they talk to you like your their child... I mean hell..  what was beta testing for?  Why are you guys being so silent?  Why won't you give us an idea of when the new tracks are coming out?   

I'm ******.. i'm ****** because i'm tired of treating this damn game like a job to figure out what the correct AI levels should be at each track.  I'm ****** because something that was suppose to be fun has been a waste of my money... 

Idc if I get hate from this post, but you shouldn't care about your "shareholders" you should care about your customers...  then again thats all that matters anymore right?  Getting the money, then fake apologizing with a half ass attempt to fix it, then repeat for the next year. 

Stop releasing games that are 80% finished...  and for god sake, talk to your damn customers instead of leaving us in the dark..  you'd be surprised how much more understanding we would be if you came out from the shadows!

Feel your pain man. I felt like that after the 15 game, from that day I vowed to never by a codemasters game new again, only second hand and after all patches were released. The last time I did that was the 18 game. Even after all patches the games are unfinished, still suffering issues that were present in the 15 game. New features ok, but same old problems! Either they don't care, or they don't have the talent. Given the responses here on the forum, and the state of the games, I would argue it's the former. All aboard the hype train and the money in the bank, why bother to fix things?

I visit here to see if things are improving, but sadly not. My only hope is the licence goes elsewhere, but with EA buying codemasters out, I can't see that happening. Meanwhile I get my fix in more capable simulators, no official F1, but at least the developers actually care and do their best to fix bugs and issues.

Edited by ChasteWand

I too am sick of the game already.   The AI from track to track are a YOKE  -   I'm in a super slow my team car and sometimes I'm struggling in P18 and sometimes I'm on the podium. 

The driver transfers are hilariously bad and completely ruin any of my enjoyment. 

I regret ever paying any money for this. 

• Agree 1

At the moment those who have the power to show or force developers into adopting good practice. Are for the most part at abc age where they    Grew up without computers and even they know gaming is big business..  it’s not something many off them would have a real knowledge off gaming... and no politician likes to fight battles over something they don’t really understand..  yes they have tackled loot boxes.. but it’s obvious that kids esp are exploited into buying them...  but my generation 40s who grew up when gaming was born  and not just understand tech but like me still game...   when most positions off political power are occupied by my age group and younger..  it won’t be long before conversations start becoming action: 

you also have to remember that developers still have a strong argument off why they release a game and then continue to fix and update.  I’ve explained in other posts.

games are made to run on pc’s   And there so maybe billions off pc’s all with different hardware and software made by thousands upon thousands off different companies.  

No software developer no matter how good they are.  Could possibly Release software that ran perfectly on every pc.. so developers adopted Microsoft’s model off releasing base version then continue to release updates and fixes so their program will run on pcs that run on different hardware and software setups.

the reasons Microsoft used when internet allowed them to update windows.  Is  probably more relevant nowadays as their are billions more pc’s.

but the point I go on non stop about is... developers can’t say that when releasing a game to run on console. Because where no 2 pcs are the same.. all PS4 are the same as ate ps5 and Xbox

its the very reason the any third party software on PlayStation is because Sony put it is on all PlayStations.

games developed to be  played on  PlayStation.  Work on all PlayStations.  So developers know exactly what operating system and what hardware etc their game will be run on so there are no surprises.

infact it couldn’t be simpler. Develop game and once it’s ready for testing.  Get ok from Sony.   Install game on PlayStation and play until you’ve found and fixed every bug.  Once it plays without issue on one PlayStation it will play on all without issue

I may have repeated myself a few times.  Was using phone to type post and was called away few times so couldn’t see everything I typed and forgot exactly what I typed before.

i do know one thing.  Despite my best efforts not as you get older you can’t stop yourself from going on and on and on.  I swear I even bore myself 

Edited by ScaredDuck

Amen to that!!   It's a damn joke what they've done to us this year.  Been out for over a month and I still can't play the game without it turning off my Xbox.   Silence from the team on it now.  They're probably just blowing their noses with my $120 or whatever it was for the deluxe edition though.   I guess I'm the idiot here though. 

Guess what Codemasters... EA...  I've bought this game since it hit consoles.  I'm done.    This year was clearly all about making a quick buck, with minimal effort.  It's borderline criminal; but that's what the gaming business has become.  Look, most of us knew this was coming when EA stepped in; but I don't think I ever anticipated it would be this bad.  The really weird part though this isn't EA's doing... this is on the team at Codemasters.  Yeah, we all expected bugs.  Their games are always filled with them, but they're still playable.  This one though, it's not even playable.  It literally shuts off consoles and crashes. 

I know one thing for sure; I won't be buying this game next year unless it's a good sale, or a used copy.  Over a month and still can't play it.  That's a joke; what are they doing for me about it?  Absolutely nothing.  At the very least we should be getting a 50% refund for a game that's nothing more than a paperweight.   Here's the thing though guys... Karma.   It's going to come back on you guys with EA looking over your shoulders at this mess of a release.  Those seats at the office or home office should be getting pretty toasty right about now.  Then again though... this is the video game industry and it's par for the course for this business which is a complete shame.

There’s always the option off the gold old fashioned protest.  To start creating awareness off our plight.

Rock up at codemasters offices with gamers life matters signs. 

When slightly mad studios basically defrauded by selling me project cars 2 which was nothing like there pre launch propaganda promised.   I went on their forum angry yes but never abusive.  Every post where I was raising legitimate reasons why I was so angry.  If I started a thread it got locked. If I posted on someone else’s thread it’s was deleted.  After 9 months they finally released a patch that made the game playable.  I posted they at best stole from me at worst committed fraud and that’s when I got a lifetime ban.  I was going mental. I thought I’d they can’t so much as apologise with a statement on a forum.  They can tell me in Person and no one wants that.  But with my mum left severely disabled after a stroke.  I couldn’t ger time to go whilst I was angry and as always you calm down and basically resigned myself to the fact I let slightlymad get away with ripping me off.  

But as many people have said there’s just silence from codemasters.

i don’t want my money back I see there is a good game here.

but I would have liked someone off their own back. ideally who ever is in charge off this games development. Post a sincere and honest statement into why the game as so many issues. Obviously not give out sensitive detail. But help us understand why it’s like it is..

i think likely was having just been taken over by ea for just over a billion. They were probably under huge pressure to get the game finished and not miss the release date..  being the first big title to be released.  They probably had ea people watching everything they did.  Maybe some we’re worried ea may replace them.  I think code-masters knew the game wasn’t goinf to be finished on time.. but given the Choice off releasing unfinished game.  Or having to tell their new ea overlords that they need to delay its first and biggest  title since ea took over. They took the just release the game.  Suckers will still buy it 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
22 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

but I would have liked someone off their own back. ideally who ever is in charge off this games development. Post a sincere and honest statement into why the game as so many issues. Obviously not give out sensitive detail. But help us understand why it’s like it is..

The chances of that happening is basically 0. This isn't Elite Odyssey or Cyberpunk launch where gaming press and players ripped into the products publicly and companies had no choice but to come out and make statements and take action. F1 2021 is relatively well received with good reviews and I'd imagine solid sales for the series. The issues aren't immediately apparent it would seem in review copies, and they're also sporadic in that a lot of the major graphics or technical bugs I've not experienced personally and my main gripes are with underwhelming changes and poor online performance, it's not **** in my living room at least so far. 

For CM to come out and say something would be to shine a light where no others are pointing right now and hurt their business strength in the process for what is likely a small amount of complaints, comparatively speaking. 

I wrote elsewhere but it remains relevant, this forum is not a major platform, it's an internet forum in the style of social media from 10+ years ago,, heading the way of MySpace. I highly doubt Codemasters is worried about some grumbling coming out of this tiny corner. Yes there are some murmurs from some eSports players and the usual ****** off crowd on Twitter but again I don't think it's as huge an outpouring of anger and unhappiness as it might appear when you're reading these forums. 

Also in terms of the OP, why would CM address an expletive laden, borderline insulting rant, really, would you or your employer? 

• Agree 2

Do you know what.  What buts I’ve come across have been minor and just a role my eyes if I don’t get sponsor bones.  But on my ps5 game looks great plays great.

seriously do need to stop it raining so often but it’s not an actual bug

but like a lot off people I lost days and days off gameplay. Due to corrupt data bug.   Wasn’t a crash which ment have to  restart a race.  Happens from time to time.  But having got through wet race a after wet race in myteam season one car.  Gutted me. That’s a major bug and I know you never hear from the majority who bought the game:  minority always have loudest voice. But I don’t care who you are what you do.  If you mess up in your work and as a result causes someone a great loss. In time or money.  Then I would expect any honourable decent show some empathy and at least apologise 

• Agree 1
30 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Due to corrupt data bug.   

I thought they had resolved this issue fairly early and you were able to get the saves back? I'm not a MyTeam player so haven't followed the issue closely. 

10 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

The chances of that happening is basically 0. This isn't Elite Odyssey or Cyberpunk launch where gaming press and players ripped into the products publicly and companies had no choice but to come out and make statements and take action. F1 2021 is relatively well received with good reviews and I'd imagine solid sales for the series. The issues aren't immediately apparent it would seem in review copies, and they're also sporadic in that a lot of the major graphics or technical bugs I've not experienced personally and my main gripes are with underwhelming changes and poor online performance, it's not **** in my living room at least so far. 

For CM to come out and say something would be to shine a light where no others are pointing right now and hurt their business strength in the process for what is likely a small amount of complaints, comparatively speaking. 

I wrote elsewhere but it remains relevant, this forum is not a major platform, it's an internet forum in the style of social media from 10+ years ago,, heading the way of MySpace. I highly doubt Codemasters is worried about some grumbling coming out of this tiny corner. Yes there are some murmurs from some eSports players and the usual ****** off crowd on Twitter but again I don't think it's as huge an outpouring of anger and unhappiness as it might appear when you're reading these forums. 

Also in terms of the OP, why would CM address an expletive laden, borderline insulting rant, really, would you or your employer? 

That's the problem here though.  Cyberpunk was dragged through the mud because it crashed on consoles, looked terrible, filled with bugs, etc. etc.  It was a high profile release due to crazy hype and marketing and it's appeal to all types of gamers.   F1 2021's release is very much in the same boat as it is unplayable for many players on some platforms, and all platforms are affected by the multitude of bugs.   The only difference here is the size of the player base.  F1 2021 is a drop in the bucket sales wise compared to a release like Cyberpunk.   At the end of the day though it should be irrelevant.   I know I've sent information over to IGN, OS and other sports gaming sites to raise attention to the issue; especially that on XB-SX with overheating and console shut downs.  That SHOULD be big news for them.  That's the problem though; nobody cares.  This series is largely irrelevant to most of the gaming world except for those into F1 racing games.  Limited audience.  Limited reaction and therefore limited clicks and income to draw attention to it.  I'm sure those news sites weigh the pro's and con's of exploiting such matters as well.  When's the last time you've ever seen a major EA sports title dragged through the mud in a review?  In particular Madden; for years its been the same game copied and pasted with a few cosmetic upgrades. Bugs even carry over year to year.  Have you ever seen it based?  Naw... the big guys out there aren't going to jeopardize their relationship with EA over that.   Cyberpunk was a different story, it was dead in the water from day 1 due to their own overhyping of the game in official marketing messages.  They made everyone in the industry look silly with that release, not just themselves.  Even gaming sites that talked for YEARS about how amazing it will be ended up with egg on their face essentially when this game flopped.  There was ZERO need for anyone to support CDPR on that release especially with taking into consideration how many people had purchased that title; compared to F1 2021.

The big problem here to me was when I look at this release in hindsight.  We should have known this was coming.  There was almost no news from the team here on release.  The only real "marketing" done for the game was the typical "review" and "hype" videos from the "insiders" and their handpicked favorites.  Obviously they're not going to bash the game or comment on bugs and crashes while playing.   Again, we're here well past a month after release and the game still cant be played by many without it crashing and shutting down their consoles.  So, IMO the only thing holding this back from being pulled from the online store or statements having to be made is simply nobody cares about this series.  It's too small to rock the boat over.  I've reached out to EA now though; so I'd be curious to see the response from them on the matter.

The sad thing here for me; if the team at Codies was hoping to fly under the EA radar and not bring too much attention to themselves as "needing help"; they've surely failed in that mission.  I think we were already destined for the folks at EA inserting themselves more into F1 2022's release, but my guess is this debacle of a release is going to get their attention to clean this mess up.  Whether that is good or bad though; remains to be seen obviously.

At the end of the day; the gaming industry as a whole is heading down a rather slippery slope with their practices and tactics.  Loot boxes are already drawing alot of attention from government regulators.  If they continue to mistreat and exploit their customers who are paying quite a bit of cash for these basically "defective" products I think they're going to find themselves getting even more attention drawn to the industry from folks they don't really want paying attention to it.

29 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

That's the problem here though.  Cyberpunk was dragged through the mud because it crashed on consoles, looked terrible, filled with bugs, etc. etc.  It was a high profile release due to crazy hype and marketing and it's appeal to all types of gamers.   F1 2021's release is very much in the same boat as it is unplayable for many players on some platforms, and all platforms are affected by the multitude of bugs.   The only difference here is the size of the player base.  F1 2021 is a drop in the bucket sales wise compared to a release like Cyberpunk.   At the end of the day though it should be irrelevant.   I know I've sent information over to IGN, OS and other sports gaming sites to raise attention to the issue; especially that on XB-SX with overheating and console shut downs.  That SHOULD be big news for them.  That's the problem though; nobody cares.  This series is largely irrelevant to most of the gaming world except for those into F1 racing games.  Limited audience.  Limited reaction and therefore limited clicks and income to draw attention to it.  I'm sure those news sites weigh the pro's and con's of exploiting such matters as well.  When's the last time you've ever seen a major EA sports title dragged through the mud in a review?  In particular Madden; for years its been the same game copied and pasted with a few cosmetic upgrades. Bugs even carry over year to year.  Have you ever seen it based?  Naw... the big guys out there aren't going to jeopardize their relationship with EA over that.   Cyberpunk was a different story, it was dead in the water from day 1 due to their own overhyping of the game in official marketing messages.  They made everyone in the industry look silly with that release, not just themselves.  Even gaming sites that talked for YEARS about how amazing it will be ended up with egg on their face essentially when this game flopped.  There was ZERO need for anyone to support CDPR on that release especially with taking into consideration how many people had purchased that title; compared to F1 2021.

The big problem here to me was when I look at this release in hindsight.  We should have known this was coming.  There was almost no news from the team here on release.  The only real "marketing" done for the game was the typical "review" and "hype" videos from the "insiders" and their handpicked favorites.  Obviously they're not going to bash the game or comment on bugs and crashes while playing.   Again, we're here well past a month after release and the game still cant be played by many without it crashing and shutting down their consoles.  So, IMO the only thing holding this back from being pulled from the online store or statements having to be made is simply nobody cares about this series.  It's too small to rock the boat over.  I've reached out to EA now though; so I'd be curious to see the response from them on the matter.

The sad thing here for me; if the team at Codies was hoping to fly under the EA radar and not bring too much attention to themselves as "needing help"; they've surely failed in that mission.  I think we were already destined for the folks at EA inserting themselves more into F1 2022's release, but my guess is this debacle of a release is going to get their attention to clean this mess up.  Whether that is good or bad though; remains to be seen obviously.

At the end of the day; the gaming industry as a whole is heading down a rather slippery slope with their practices and tactics.  Loot boxes are already drawing alot of attention from government regulators.  If they continue to mistreat and exploit their customers who are paying quite a bit of cash for these basically "defective" products I think they're going to find themselves getting even more attention drawn to the industry from folks they don't really want paying attention to it.

I hear what you're saying, and I certainly sympathise with those experiencing serious problems with the game. I don't know what you expect with things like writing to EA, but if you feel like it'll make some sort of change more power to you. 

We read this situation in different ways I feel like, and that's fine, I'd prefer the truth to be closer to your view anyway. 

1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

but my guess is this debacle of a release is going to get their attention to clean this mess up.

Sorry to burst your bubble but as long as the game sells well (which it most likely will) EA will not consider the release a debacle, far from it.

People complaining about bugs and issues happens with every game release and unless it has an effect on sales (like Cyberpunk getting pulled from the Sony store and having to refund tons of copies) it’s just business as usual for developers. 

Some of the issues that have been around for years are likely not fixed due to tech or engine limitations or because they simply aren’t high priority enough to be fixed before all the other hundreds of bugs that are currently being tracked. This is where Esports drivers come inZ Esports drivers can be helpful in raising issues and getting them fixed because they typically have a large audience and can impact sales and overall perception of a title. You saw it with the bumps-on-track bug that has already been forwarded to the devs after Jarno Opmeer made a video about it.

2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

The XB-SX overheating and shutting down is likely not a software issue.  There are a lot of complaints about this online mentioning various games.  There seems to be bad batches of Xbox consoles out there.  Some threads mentioned they received replacement consoles from Microsoft and the issue was resolved, no more overheating with the new console. 

4 hours ago, gatorlb said:

The XB-SX overheating and shutting down is likely not a software issue.  There are a lot of complaints about this online mentioning various games.  There seems to be bad batches of Xbox consoles out there.  Some threads mentioned they received replacement consoles from Microsoft and the issue was resolved, no more overheating with the new console. 

It's a software issue.  They've basically said as much here in the bug thread on the matter.  I've never had an overheating message myself.  Mine just constantly would crash and shut itself off.  Same thing happened with Call of Duty, and the newest Fifa apparently.  Both issues were fixed with patches, or by reinstalling to fix corrupt issues.  As I reported over in the bug thread my save files were corrupted prior to v1.05 by the bug in the game.  After 1.05 we were told it would fix the corrupt/not loading save issues.  Which it did; I was able to load that game save again but crashes persisted after their first attempt to fix it in v1.05.  Now that I have deleted that save and started a new one my issue of crashing/freezing/shut downs has gone away.   So yes, this is more than likely a software issue. I mean, that's why the team here at Codies is TRYING to fix it.

Been giving this some thought..  I actually am really enjoying myteam this year except for the rain:.. come across lots off bugs but apart from not getting sponsor bonus from time to go or not have my drs register during practice and missing out on a tiny part boost.::  Every race I race in ends without anything imploded or exploding..  ps5 instant loads are truly awesome.. last year on PS4 pro took ages..  this year for myteam on ps5 is way better.. yes some tracks are missing or australia hasn’t been updated... if it has it’s remarkable how it’s exactly like last years.. I was really hoping we would get to do Bahrain two tracks but those things havnt stopped my enjoyment off off deluding myself I am a racing god...  no really I am don’t ever see Hamilton or max flashback when they get it wrong the the rain..

he’s losing hours off gameplay really really made me angry... don’t think I’ve ever repeatedly swore for so long before:

But that on its own isn’t what really made me angry..  what made so angry  has accumulated over years... from when I hadt to rush out and buy the latest games when I was a teen to now I buy she can they are cheap..   but over the years their have bee games I was really looking forward to getting..  and those games I bought instantly and time and time again year after year.. you would all to often start to play and it would crash or two bugs ment giving up and turning it off:.. losing my f1 game even though ment  hours and hours wasted.  I’m a big boy and big boy pants I’d initially be annoyed until something restricted me..  But I think it was the rod that broke camels back...  every time I get excited by a game it turns round and bites me..

i have a high morale compass and Seeing an industry that I have invested most off my entertainment life in acts with little regard off custom base... and the real sickening thing is as I just said I’ve invested my entertainment life ever since atari was the best and console money could buy.  

Anyone that has ready any off my posts especially the longers one may have found them a tough read and riddled with spelling mistakes.. I do apologise.. I’m using my now ancient iPhone 5? And touch screen isn’t exactly accurate or responsive..  and auto has delayed reaction and don’t see it auto correcting... funny always hadt to have latest tech growing up but never when it comes to mobile phones.. I just want a phone that just made and txt..  this iPhones 5 still only has the apps it came with and I turned most off them off

Edited by ScaredDuck
8 hours ago, petro1319 said:

It's a software issue.  They've basically said as much here in the bug thread on the matter.  I've never had an overheating message myself.  Mine just constantly would crash and shut itself off.  Same thing happened with Call of Duty, and the newest Fifa apparently.  Both issues were fixed with patches, or by reinstalling to fix corrupt issues.  As I reported over in the bug thread my save files were corrupted prior to v1.05 by the bug in the game.  After 1.05 we were told it would fix the corrupt/not loading save issues.  Which it did; I was able to load that game save again but crashes persisted after their first attempt to fix it in v1.05.  Now that I have deleted that save and started a new one my issue of crashing/freezing/shut downs has gone away.   So yes, this is more than likely a software issue. I mean, that's why the team here at Codies is TRYING to fix it.

It could be a combination of a particular weakness with some hardware that leads to shutdown / overheating with some elements of code, which other hardware can manage OK. This could be an explanation for code that developers believe is OK from their own testing ending up being problematic on release.

It's funny and interesting to see how many people complain about the game and I don't see a single person talking wonders about it, but one more year, once again codes, has this forum for nothing; it just doesn't help at all to leave the complaints here. 

Unfortunately they will never listen to us and we only ask for a game well done, a game finished and with minimal errors. 

Not many if any games recently I can think of that are well done , finished and minimal errors. Modern way seems to be release it broke , patch it up every few weeks till the cycle window runs out then just call it finished regardless of whether it in a good state or not . Only imola and Algarve made me buy this game coming from ride 4 and pc2 and acc I know they are great tracks but yes I've learned my lesson. Buying games near release you just end up unable to play it and just waiting for patches to fix it up. In future just going to buy all games 6 months down the line half price and patched up.  

1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

Not many if any games recently I can think of that are well done , finished and minimal errors. Modern way seems to be release it broke , patch it up every few weeks till the cycle window runs out then just call it finished regardless of whether it in a good state or not . Only imola and Algarve made me buy this game coming from ride 4 and pc2 and acc I know they are great tracks but yes I've learned my lesson. Buying games near release you just end up unable to play it and just waiting for patches to fix it up. In future just going to buy all games 6 months down the line half price and patched up.  

We should all follow your advices but every year we even pre-order it from day 1!

Sometimes we made great investments on material (seat, wheel base, screens, …) and we cannot enjoy those racing games because of the economic model.

Edited by philappleraily
19 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

It could be a combination of a particular weakness with some hardware that leads to shutdown / overheating with some elements of code, which other hardware can manage OK. This could be an explanation for code that developers believe is OK from their own testing ending up being problematic on release.

Yeah; but I can run Microsoft Flight Sim in all its glory with all the console horsepower it uses with no issues; but not F1 2021 without putting a burden on the hardware?  There's something going on here in the game that's causing this issue.  I can play MS Flight Simulator with no problems and that game is far harder on these consoles than F1 2021 will ever come close to in this console life cycle and it doesn't cause these issues; Surely if it was related to a "weakness with some hardware" we'd be seeing it there when running MS Flight Sim.   As for F1 2021 it's a software issue; leading to hardware issues that shouldn't exist if it was coded properly because this game simply isn't anywhere near pushing the envelope of what these consoles are capable of.  That's no offense to it; because I love the series but lets be honest this game simply isn't pushing the boundaries of the hardware capabilities.

Edited by petro1319
On 8/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, Ultra3142 said:

On 8/20/2021 at 4:21 AM, petro1319 said:

As for F1 2021 it's a software issue; leading to hardware issues that shouldn't exist if it was coded properly because this game simply isn't anywhere near pushing the envelope of what these consoles are capable of.  

FYI Madden 22 is being reported to overheat and shut down consoles. 

Complaints on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/p481sv/madden_22_trial_crashing_xbox/ but I've seen them elsewhere as well. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

FYI Madden 22 is being reported to overheat and shut down consoles. 

Complaints on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/p481sv/madden_22_trial_crashing_xbox/ but I've seen them elsewhere as well. 

There is probably some set of consoles that are out of tolerance in some way.  Im sure there are things you can do in software to avoid the vulnerability.  For example not using certain instructions or changing the order or timing of certain instructions.  That is why we are seeing some games patch and remove the issue.  It is easier for devs to just work around the existing problem than replace hardware (happens all the time in my industry)

Im just now reading all these responses and I'm glad so many people agree.  I raise 3 kids alone, and go to college...  this game is suppose to be my escape but this version is literally making things more stressful.   We could flood their twitter or just bombard the admins inboxes lol