Sign in to follow this  

Anyone played it online yet?

You can guarantee it'll be the same demographic. Best to find clean racers early on and friend them.

Problem is that we are coming to it 3 days later than in the US. I would love to get stuck into the online right now but have to wait until friday.

What is the punishment system like? Is it still the traffic lights?

And do you still have playlists that you have to play in to get your level up? If it was just custom races then it would be far better.

Custom races with 1 friend and Very hard AI on track is paying well :)
The online is all made by who you play it with. :)

I played a few races last night overall it was fun not any ramming going on ,but Friday the dirty racers get the game . Now murder me for saying that but they know who they are .

I had a few good ones last night doing some C Cat Touring.  Not the best bunch, but nobody was going out of their way to just hit you.  Sadly nobody is online it seems now.

CRobby22 said:
I had a few good ones last night doing some C Cat Touring.  Not the best bunch, but nobody was going out of their way to just hit you.  Sadly nobody is online it seems now.
well that's because most of the world doesn't have it yet obviously

It's hard at first not ramming anyone unless you know most of the tracks & cars. People screw up on the straight & I got rammed, but it is understandable. I didn't ram hard so far, but some push left & right. It wasn't intentional. If I see anyone catching up fast, I let them pass.

I tried all the racenet challenge. Platinum the Demolition Derby seem extremely hard.

I played online for 2 evenings on PS3 and for 95% I had fair and clean races. Just not a lot of people (y et). 2 or 3 lobbies max.

P308R said:
I played online for 2 evenings on PS3 and for 95% I had fair and clean races. Just not a lot of people (y et). 2 or 3 lobbies max.
Yep, that was my experience (also PS3) One Lobby was a bunch of dirty Yanks, who had the gall to kick me out after bashing me off the track constantly but the second group full of Argies was more than fair and polite.

TRINOD said:
P308R said:
Yep, that was my experience (also PS3) One Lobby was a bunch of dirty Yanks, who had the gall to kick me out after bashing me off the track constantly but the second group full of Argies was more than fair and polite.
Add me if you like Trinod. My PSN and Racenet are both P308R ;)

Would like to but not possible for me atm. Thanks for the offer

Just had my first race online and some dickhead called monomorph was just ramming everyone until he was at the back of the pack and then he retired.

first impressions very good, had a few races with loggy, jarama reverse was good in the touring cars, the cars are easy to lose the back end,and if you go on the kerbs ,good luck!  but you get used to it, its great.

well done codies, handles pretty well.

Just finished playing online (PS3) after 4 hours on the touring car playlist and have got to say the Grid magic is back. I don't remember playing one fun race online on Grid 2, but Grid Autosport has delivered. I wish this had been the sequel to the original. Most racers online have been fair. Most races are bumper to bumper through the field. Handling is excellent which makes for cleaner overtaking. Just hope that some of the Grid fans Codemasters lost with the last game will come back and try this, as I want to see plenty of Cat C Touring Car custom cups to join like in Grid 1. Couldn't find a single touring car cup to join online and no one joined the one I made. With any luck we will see a flood of people join in tomorrow once Europe has the game (Although I got mine today and I'm in the UK)!