Jump to content Jump to content

Rain options in career mode

Could we please get the options to adjust the chance of rain in career mode? A "reduced/standard/increased" option would be fine by me, though I know some people could do with the option of turning the rain off completely. I don't mind having a few rainy races or sessions per season, but when I keep having several consecutive weekends with rain during qualifying or on race day, it becomes extremely annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

I don’t mind a wet race.. but like you it’s race after race and with no assistance on best tackle a wet race when you’ve only had dry practice.  Half time I’m just setting the car up from when I did ok in a previous wet race.  And hoping it’ll be ok. But most off time it’s challenging 

having the reduced standard increase option..  just point out I have safety car on reduced and it’s been out 6 out  of 7 races 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'd appreciate the option to switch rain off myself, 

People complaining about too many wet races was common last year like with the current game. 

Now last year I had ran once in a blue moon.  Actually safety car was once in a blue moon and ai cars racing each other was also once in a blue moon.

this year rain all the time safety cars all the time. Due to ai racing each other all the time..  and I prefer this years to lasts.

but why can’t coders just find somewhere in between. 

Games released yearly all go from one extreme to other 

• Agree 1
30 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Now last year I had ran once in a blue moon.  Actually safety car was once in a blue moon and ai cars racing each other was also once in a blue moon.

this year rain all the time safety cars all the time. Due to ai racing each other all the time..  and I prefer this years to lasts.

but why can’t coders just find somewhere in between. 

Games released yearly all go from one extreme to other 

What you've experienced this year, others did last year. It's not the same for everyone.

• Like 1

It’s weird but I’m in my 2nd season and just finished Monza and I’ve had a grand total of 4 races with rain and one of those was right at the end and the AI didn’t even have to change tyres. Never had more than a stint of rain either. Not too much rain in the other weekend sessions. Never had this little rain before. I think my luck will run out soon.

• Like 1

To be fair to CM, this difference from one to the other is how chances work.. with a 20% chance to have rain during every weekend you can still have 0 rain weekends out of 100. But on the other hand it can be 50 out of 100 too.. it just balances out at higher amounts so at like 1000-10000 it nears a 20% but especially a 20 race season can be anything. Regarding the safety car there are options for more or less this year and i havent seen many safety cars myself this year with reduced settings. Which is why i agree with the suggestion of a similar choice for rain.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

To be fair to CM, this difference from one to the other is how chances work.. with a 20% chance to have rain during every weekend you can still have 0 rain weekends out of 100. But on the other hand it can be 50 out of 100 too.. it just balances out at higher amounts so at like 1000-10000 it nears a 20% but especially a 20 race season can be anything. 

Yes, there being a probability of rain each race means there will be variability in player experience, and the much higher number of seasons completed in-game will mean that what would be seen as a total freak season in real life is more likely to happen to someone. Without any good data we can't really comment in how realistic the in-game probabilities actually are. Or indeed if the game always behaves as Codemasters expect or if there is a bug.

In practice though I think you'd have to try hard to find someone who would want to race an entire season of wet races, even if it is technically possible that this could happen in real life. As such, some adjustment to the in game probabilities, possibly relating to reducing the chance of further wet races depending how many there have already been, may help. 

For myself I would like the option to have no rain at all in career mode. Not because it would be realistic but because it would be more fun.

• Agree 2

So far 80% of my races in career mode had some rain. Although I like the rain for a realism, too much rain it's not realistic whatsoever. So in my case if it was possible I'd reduce the amount of rain I'm having. 

• Like 1