Jump to content Jump to content

Issue with engine components and quick practice

• A detailed description of the issue: Going to a new race in MyTeam campaign (Season 1), I am unable to change engine components for quick practices. I tried to change engine components for quick practices and their status change from "fitted" to "fitting". However, after I finish the quick practice, I noticed the previous engine components I used in the race are the ones selected and the ones which show wear. The components I do one to use are still highlighted, but now, instead of "fitting", it says "pending". This happens for all 3 practice sessions. I am then able to change to any components for Q1, providing a exit my pit for at least one lap. This makes no sense to me because I'd assume the car is hypothetically taking some practice laps during those practice sessions, so it should have the components fitted. This is massively affecting the way my engine components wear, as I am stuck with the same components from the previous race for the P1, P2, and P3 in the next race. I am playing full season 1, and this issue began during P1 for Race 6 and I am now starting my Race 16 and had to go through this issue for the entire season.
  • Report Code: N/A
  • Platform? PS4
  • Game-mode? MyTeam Season 1 (full calendar season) 
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: At first, I tried restarting the game at the P1 session for R5 but ran into the same issue. I am not sure what else I can try at this moment.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: N/A
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible:

1. Had to retire from Race 4 due to engine failure

2. At P1 for Race 5 I change my least worn out engine components to worn components and run quick practice --> everything appears fine!

3. Switch the worn components to brand new components (penalty applied) in preparation for Q1. The status showed pending but I decided not to run any lap.

4. I can only think that because I did not run any lap on Q1, the engine components were not updated (which made no sense to me), and I had to run with a really worn out engine. I ended up deciding to retire from the race.

5*. The issue describe above started then on P1 for Race 6. As I changed the components to run the practice, they all changed their status to "fitting" but when I run the quick practice program, they did not update and I ended up using the previous components. This happened for P1, P2, and P3, but the status still showed the highlighted components I originally wanted to change to but now saying "pending" for the status.

6. I changed my engine components to good ones for Q1 and did run the car this time. The components were updated fine for Qualifying and for Race 6.

7. For Race 7, I had the same issue. I was unable to change my engine components despite clicking on the ones I wanted to use (status said "fitting"). The previous components from Race 6 were using in quick practice instead, wearing them out even more. The status showed to "pending" after the end of P1, but nothing changed for P2, and P3.

8. Similarly to what I had done before, I changed the components for Q1 and run some laps. The components were changed with no issue for Qualifying and Race 7.

9. The issue described above has been happening since, and I've been following the same steps described above (I've just finish quick practice for Race 16).

Thanks for your help!

47 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@Ahojkluci, this was fixed in 1.06. See note below:

Quick Practice will no longer cause excessive wear to components

Thanks for answer but I've ment something different. For example. In the race I am using MGUK component number 3. For quick practice I want to switch to earlier component so I wouldn't destroy my race component. In previous version I could do that. But for some while now (I unfortunately cannot remember from which update it started occuring) component number 3 won't change to different one and my AI during quick practice still uses component number 3. Simply, components will not switch for quick practice. It says "pending".

@BarryBL, thanks for your reply but the issue hasn't been solved in 1.06. The excessive wear was not the issue I originally reported here in this thread. I don't think there is a need for a new thread regarding this and I don't think this has been solved. I am reproducing my original message from above. note that wear isn't an issue but rather switching components for practice programs. This is affecting the gameplay quite significantly!

Thanks

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible:

2. At P1 for Race 5 I change my least worn out engine components to worn components and run quick practice --> everything appears fine!

3. Switch the worn components to brand new components (penalty applied) in preparation for Q1. The status showed pending but I decided not to run any lap.

4. I can only think that because I did not run any lap on Q1, the engine components were not updated (which made no sense to me), and I had to run with a really worn out engine. I ended up deciding to retire from the race.

5*. The issue describe above started then on P1 for Race 6. As I changed the components to run the practice, they all changed their status to "fitting" but when I run the quick practice program, they did not update and I ended up using the previous components. This happened for P1, P2, and P3, but the status still showed the highlighted components I originally wanted to change to but now saying "pending" for the status.

6. I changed my engine components to good ones for Q1 and did run the car this time. The components were updated fine for Qualifying and for Race 6.

7. For Race 7, I had the same issue. I was unable to change my engine components despite clicking on the ones I wanted to use (status said "fitting"). The previous components from Race 6 were using in quick practice instead, wearing them out even more. The status showed to "pending" after the end of P1, but nothing changed for P2, and P3.

8. Similarly to what I had done before, I changed the components for Q1 and run some laps. The components were changed with no issue for Qualifying and Race 7.

9. The issue described above has been happening since, and I've been following the same steps described above (I've just finish quick practice for Race 16).

24 minutes ago, rrosolem said:

@BarryBL, thanks for your reply but the issue hasn't been solved in 1.06. The excessive wear was not the issue I originally reported here in this thread. I don't think there is a need for a new thread regarding this and I don't think this has been solved. I am reproducing my original message from above. note that wear isn't an issue but rather switching components for practice programs. This is affecting the gameplay quite significantly!

Thanks

I have created new report like BarryBL said i should do so lets see if we see some answer.