Jump to content Jump to content

Can't purchase an item from the weekly item shop

I'm trying to buy the legendary helmet that is on the weekly item shop but when I try to buy it it says purchase failed try again later or something like that after I try 6 or more times I still got the same issue

• Agree 3

I posted about this issue on Steam (see here) and several others joined in to post about the issue. I'm surprised this thread is the only mention of the issue. Their microtransactions are BROKEN - it's a very big problem...

Detailed description: Go to Item Shop, try to buy a Weekly Item and you get the "Purchase Failed" error. Only applies to Weekly Items - Daily Items and Featured work fine.

Platform? Steam, Windows 10, DX12

Version? 1.18 (latest version of F1 2020)

Game-mode? N/A

Is problem repeatable? Yes. May require Podium Pass if you're struggling to repeat the issue.

How do you make the problem happen? Go to Item Shop, try buying a Weekly Item and you'll get a "Purchase Failed" message.

Attempted troubleshooting? Verified game files + all other common steps.

Peripherals? Xbox Series X controller (don't think this is the problem)

Screenshots or video? See attached.

20210822174755_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Terrobility said:

I posted about this issue on Steam (see here) and several others joined in to post about the issue. I'm surprised this thread is the only mention of the issue. Their microtransactions are BROKEN - it's a very big problem...

Detailed description: Go to Item Shop, try to buy a Weekly Item and you get the "Purchase Failed" error. Only applies to Weekly Items - Daily Items and Featured work fine.

Platform? Steam, Windows 10, DX12

Version? 1.18 (latest version of F1 2020)

Game-mode? N/A

Is problem repeatable? Yes. May require Podium Pass if you're struggling to repeat the issue.

How do you make the problem happen? Go to Item Shop, try buying a Weekly Item and you'll get a "Purchase Failed" message.

Attempted troubleshooting? Verified game files + all other common steps.

Peripherals? Xbox Series X controller (don't think this is the problem)

Screenshots or video? See attached.

20210822174755_1.jpg

Woaaahhhh! That was a close one, luckily the transaction failed, imagine if that had worked and you were driving about wearing Liberace's cast offs . GAF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This still appears to be an issue.  I get the purchase failed message when trying to by any of the legendary items in the Item shop. 

If you allow for the purchase of pitcoin then you must allow for it to be spent.  If not, then how do I get any unused pitcoin refunded?