Jump to content Jump to content

Anyone here already using the CSL DD Wheel Base?

Hi,

I preordered the new CSL DD Base and it came today, much earlier than expected.
However the first installation wasn't as flawless as I hoped.

Somehow the game did not regognise my V2 Steering wheel and the padals made some trouble. On track throttle and brakes always were on 30-50% even though I did not touch them.

I also had to manually enter a custom control scheme for my V2 wheel. After a complete new installation of the drivers and the fanatec software(s) and after switching the base between XBOX and PC mode while on track (was not the first time I tried that) suddenly it worked.

Anyone here with similar issues?

Any suggestions about good ingame settings to take full advantage of the DD?

Thanks for any help - have a nice evening.

Thank you @Nico Duj

Yes found that out later yesterday tagt the compatibility setting (yellow LED) is doing the trick. Hope CM implements the full CSL DD support in a future patch. 

Have fun with yours! It's really a big step up from a CSL Elite 1.1

• Agree 1

Ok So I have tested fanatec recommended settings in compatibility mode and everything is ok. 

The feeling is really great (coming from a CSL Elite Wheel Base +), it is so smooth. The force is also more important (boost kit 8nm), but what impressed me so far is the ability to better "feel" the car on the road (especially in rain) and thus to avoid spin / lost of control. Kerbs are more natural also in my opinion, and the fact that it is completely silent also improve the overall feeling in my opinion.

CSL Elite was good, but this CSL DD is really great 🙂 

No more excuse , I must improve my lap times 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Social Media & Community Team

If any CSL DD owners are on Xbox let me know your experience. Come November I'll likely upgrade from my CSL Elite 🙂 

4 hours ago, Nico Duj said:

Ok So I have tested fanatec recommended settings in compatibility mode and everything is ok. 

The feeling is really great (coming from a CSL Elite Wheel Base +), it is so smooth. The force is also more important (boost kit 8nm), but what impressed me so far is the ability to better "feel" the car on the road (especially in rain) and thus to avoid spin / lost of control. Kerbs are more natural also in my opinion, and the fact that it is completely silent also improve the overall feeling in my opinion.

CSL Elite was good, but this CSL DD is really great 🙂 

No more excuse , I must improve my lap times 🙂 

My TM T300 is completely silent ...... because I am wearing headphones so I only get in game sounds  in my ears , you don't seriously use a DD wheel then not use headphones do you , even if you are driving in T- Cam for minimum immersion. The only thing that needs to be silent on a wheel is the tactile switches for the gear changes to avoid Japanese gear change torture of the people sitting in the next room.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Exasperated said:

My TM T300 is completely silent ...... because I am wearing headphones so I only get in game sounds  in my ears , you don't seriously use a DD wheel then not use headphones do you , even if you are driving in T- Cam for minimum immersion. The only thing that needs to be silent on a wheel is the tactile switches for the gear changes to avoid Japanese gear change torture of the people sitting in the next room.

I am using cockpit view, but no headphones most of the time since I have difficulties to keep them for a long period, so yes it is some "one more thing" for me 🙂 .

10 hours ago, Nico Duj said:

I am using cockpit view, but no headphones most of the time since I have difficulties to keep them for a long period, so yes it is some "one more thing" for me 🙂 .

Sounds bad , I wouldn't like to play without headphones for proper sound and if I didn't have a wheel I wouldn't play at all , I don't understand how people can even be bothered to play driving games with a pad and just on the TV with sound coming out of that .its just too removed from what is  possible to improve the experience., but each to their own.  Enjoy your racing. Regards your Uncle Bingo.

Nice to hear you choose to drive in cockpit view , mind you if you have a Direct Debit wheel then it would be shameful to be circulating in any other view point from my viewpoint.

Edited by Exasperated
4 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Sounds bad , I wouldn't like to play without headphones for proper sound and if I didn't have a wheel I wouldn't play at all , I don't understand how people can even be bothered to play driving games with a pad and just on the TV with sound coming out of that .its just too removed from what is  possible to improve the experience., but each to their own.  Enjoy your racing. Regards your Uncle Bingo.

Nice to hear you choose to drive in cockpit view , mind you if you have a Direct Debit wheel then it would be shameful to be circulating in any other view point from my viewpoint.

Hey - Espareted - what wheel do you use ? 
I switched from T-30O to TS-xw and can confirm it is a huge difference 

Tried so far the F1 wheel add on - the Ferrari F1 one and decided now to use the SF-1000 (very good wheel !!!!)

5 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Sounds bad , I wouldn't like to play without headphones for proper sound and if I didn't have a wheel I wouldn't play at all , I don't understand how people can even be bothered to play driving games with a pad and just on the TV with sound coming out of that .its just too removed from what is  possible to improve the experience

Bear in mind that not using headphones doesn't necessarily mean someone is relying on TV speakers. I'd take my speaker based system over any headphones. (I have a background in acoustics, and hifi/music are big hobbies for me.)

As for wheels, not everyone has the money or space for them. 

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Bear in mind that not using headphones doesn't necessarily mean someone is relying on TV speakers. I'd take my speaker based system over any headphones. (I have a background in acoustics, and hifi/music are big hobbies for me.)

As for wheels, not everyone has the money or space for them. 

As you like , but head phones is a better choice , cheaper than your speaker system , takes up virtually no space , noise cancelling , no dog barking , no mother noises , no gear change clicking  just better immersion , your open room sound is only any good at high volumes so unless you live in a detached house or you are in a sound proof room its no good. Headphones wins easily.

As for wheels they are obviously better and if people don't have the money or space for them then their priorities are all wrong.

5 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

Hey - Espareted - what wheel do you use ? 
I switched from T-30O to TS-xw and can confirm it is a huge difference 

Tried so far the F1 wheel add on - the Ferrari F1 one and decided now to use the SF-1000 (very good wheel !!!!)

Yes I use a T300 RS with modified RS 2  pedal box as well and to tell you the truth I am happy with the results for the money plus it works well with the PS4 which also gives good results with all the games from F1 2015 through to 2020 I have the wheelbase  bolted to a RaceRoom rig with the F1 2011 wheel and it gives good feedback with high settings of Vibration/FFB . I have heard good things about the TS- xw  (much more torque than the 300) and Fancy the SF- 1000 but I am waiting for the games to catch up to the hardware , what with all the children's content in the games of late and all the problems that the games have at the moment I don't feel the urge to up grade just yet as my immersion with the old kit is very good , but I hear what you say , If I come across things brand new  at a bargain price I could be tempted to convert , Thanks for the recommendation , keep up the good work Regards

As you like , but head phones is a better choice , cheaper than your speaker system , takes up virtually no space , noise cancelling , no dog barking , no mother noises , no gear change clicking  just better immersion , your open room sound is only any good at high volumes so unless you live in a detached house or you are in a sound proof room its no good. Headphones wins easily.

FWIW none of your exceptions apply to me. The reason I have the sound system I do is for music where it destroys headphones as an option, but I chose to use it for gaming too. Particularly on consoles lots of people will play in setups where AV sound systems will be used though so my key point was not to assume that not using headphones meant rubbish audio. 

As for wheels they are obviously better and if people don't have the money or space for them then their priorities are all wrong.

Not everyone has the luxury for this to be a question of 'priority'. And for those that do, different priorities to your own are shockingly 'allowed'.

Back on topic - I hope Fanatec can make a PS5 compatible version of the CSL DD, or indeed that another budget friendly DD wheel option appears that is.

I'm interested to see how others get on with the new wheel in the meantime.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

FWIW none of your exceptions apply to me. The reason I have the sound system I do is for music where it destroys headphones as an option, but I chose to use it for gaming too. Particularly on consoles lots of people will play in setups where AV sound systems will be used though so my key point was not to assume that not using headphones meant rubbish audio. 

You can use your Hi FI set up if you like but as I said  its not as good as headphones for immersion , but what about the impoverished , its alright for you in your detached house with your sound proof room and your Bang & Ooophsen system with 10,000 W speakers but what about the poor little ones who have to share a console in the orphanage , its headphones for them I'm afraid.

Not everyone has the luxury for this to be a question of 'priority'. And for those that do, different priorities to your own are shockingly 'allowed'.

"Where theres a will theres a way ......and theres always a xxxxin way"  Teddy Bass.

Edited by Exasperated
  • Haha 1