Jump to content Jump to content

Car takes too long to turn when using controller.

The cars just takes too long to turn with a controller, and the issues speaks absolutely for itself. If only if we had an ability to change maximum time to turn the car left or right with a controller. With fast responsiveness I'm pretty sure it would help us to find pace on track rather than being an absolute tractor struggling to get pace by simply making corners too late. It's like there was a colossal amount of input lag.

Whatever it is the result, making the steering more responsive by simply minimizing the time of absolute turning would be appreciated if not useless. So in short words: A fast steering responsiveness for gamepad users.

Disagree the handling is pretty solid and I'm on controller and got no issues with the steering speed . These games have always worked great with controller. You want issues on a controller go play pc2 that has options like you want steering  speed etc and it just doesn't work however you adjust it . This handles like a dream compared to that ......

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

Disagree the handling is pretty solid and I'm on controller and got no issues with the steering speed . These games have always worked great with controller. You want issues on a controller go play pc2 that has options like you want steering  speed etc and it just doesn't work however you adjust it . This handles like a dream compared to that ......

So how will you get faster then?

Pc2 my unicorn... thought it would be the next big step in game sims... bench mark for all other game sims.  Then I played it the day it was released.  By far the worst game I’ve ever seen.. huge chunks would just disappear

got this game on ps5. Fist game I’ve played on ps5 and must admit controller takes getting used to .  But it’s huge step forward for game pads

@ScaredDuck yes could of been amazing that game track list , weather, classes of cars etc but yes was and to this day is a mess. The ai are truly broke vastly different speed from session to session literary seconds difference, it a good TT game love going round le man in a lmp at night but the career mode is just broke and the controller handling is poor . This is probably the best controller handling you going to get ......

It still sits on the same draw I put it in after a had a go when i heard they finally released a decent patch  9 months after I had bought the game.   So put it on and just couldn’t get into it.  It didn’t excite me.  And I was over it and moved on..  the shift games and project cars one were awesome.  Simply because there was something slightly mad about them  they made me played them over and over:   Esp the shirts they were developed to be sims but need for speeds agression was there in the form off probably the most aggressive ai ever put on a race sim.  Sim purists hated it but first and Formost it’s a game 

I still keep pc2 on the hard drive just for the tracks really mugello, Algarve, imola, nordschife , le man's etc. Some great cars in there 2 with great sounds. Never touched pc3 god knows what they were thinking with the direction they took with that one. Acc is decent just terrible ai kills it . This is decent just some big issues and bad decisions that really hurt it.  

On 8/18/2021 at 10:43 PM, DaviJavarini said:

The cars just takes too long to turn with a controller, and the issues speaks absolutely for itself. If only if we had an ability to change maximum time to turn the car left or right with a controller. With fast responsiveness I'm pretty sure it would help us to find pace on track rather than being an absolute tractor struggling to get pace by simply making corners too late. It's like there was a colossal amount of input lag.

Whatever it is the result, making the steering more responsive by simply minimizing the time of absolute turning would be appreciated if not useless. So in short words: A fast steering responsiveness for gamepad users.

Have you adjusted your controller? PJTierny has a good guide on YouTube.

Your comment is completely incorrect as it's playable on controller and handles very well compared to PC2 as other people have said. PC2 is terrible. 

• Agree 1
On 8/20/2021 at 10:33 AM, Sonic6L said:

Have you adjusted your controller? PJTierny has a good guide on YouTube.

Your comment is completely incorrect as it's playable on controller and handles very well compared to PC2 as other people have said. PC2 is terrible. 

You think so? Because I don't.

Do you have more than 1 controller to test, I'm curious in case it's the controller you use that may be the issue. The controllers wear quite fast on demanding games that require constant movements.

My analogue sticks are packing in on one of mine and I've had to turn steering saturation up to 20 just so both sides reach 100%. With saturation at 0 my left steering only reaches 80% which means corners like at Monaco are impossible at a competitive speed. The good thing is here you can test it well. Go to your controller settings, calibration, and press the touchpad, it'll bring up the test buttons mode. Just check your controller is reaching 100% cleanly. If it's going crazy between numbers, even if it's only by 3 or 4 points you'll feel it on track. Saturation will counter it.

2 minutes ago, CarystusGaming said:

Do you have more than 1 controller to test, I'm curious in case it's the controller you use that may be the issue. The controllers wear quite fast on demanding games that require constant movements.

My analogue sticks are packing in on one of mine and I've had to turn steering saturation up to 20 just so both sides reach 100%. With saturation at 0 my left steering only reaches 80% which means corners like at Monaco are impossible at a competitive speed. The good thing is here you can test it well. Go to your controller settings, calibration, and press the touchpad, it'll bring up the test buttons mode. Just check your controller is reaching 100% cleanly. If it's going crazy between numbers, even if it's only by 3 or 4 points you'll feel it on track. Saturation will counter it.

My controller is an original Xbox One S controller. I've bought a Xbox One S 2 years ago and I never had problems with control wear. Actually I don't think this would ever happen.

Second, I tried recalibrating like infinitely, but never found a way to get more responsiveness. Maybe your suggestions might help me. If it does, thank you.

2 hours ago, DaviJavarini said:

My controller is an original Xbox One S controller. I've bought a Xbox One S 2 years ago and I never had problems with control wear. Actually I don't think this would ever happen.

Second, I tried recalibrating like infinitely, but never found a way to get more responsiveness. Maybe your suggestions might help me. If it does, thank you.

My experience is only with PS4 so different systems and controllers but definitely worth tinkering with. PS4 v1 controllers used to be bloody awful for wear. The triggers especially. V2 fixed it nicely but it still wears fast. I use an Xbox One controller for PC and that has lasted years perfectly! So I can easily believe your controller is good still on 2 years. Fingers crossed this calibration helps. Also what TC if at all are you using? Because that will play a big part in it. Full traction is very hard to corner, if you us e this try mid, it'll still give good traction. Light is much less, you'll slide easy but is good if you are a smooth racer. That's literally all I can think of that might be helpful just in case it's not a software issue. Good luck.

11 hours ago, DaviJavarini said:

You think so? Because I don't.

I'm guessing you're commenting on the PCARS2 aspect? If so, that's down to personal opinion, however on the basis of how many people complained about how PC2 handles, I'd say it's true that it's a bad game. 

I highly recommend you set your controller up before you bash the game for playing with controller. See my previous post for a recommendation if you play on XBox. I'd also suggest you try another controller if possible, although you don't need to, as your 2 year old controller probably has some wear and deadzones. Do you know how to check for deadzones? I can explain how if you don't know. 

Edited by Sonic6L

Personally loving the handling on controller this year. Did make a few tweaks in the settings to improve things even more vs the default settings.  These are for PS5 using the Dualsense…

Calibration:

Steering Linearity - 10

Steering Saturation - 5

Throttle Linearity - 25

Brake Linearity - 25

Everything else default

Vibration & Force Feedback:

Vibration & Force Feedback Strength - 150

On Track Effects - 100

Maximum Wheel Rotation - 270 degrees

Everything else default

Generic Settings:

Adaptive Triggers - Weak (also set to Medium from the PS5 main accessibility settings, even on Weak I still find my fingers get very sore and ache over a longer race distance)

Hope these help 👍

Well, although the feeling is pretty solid on a (ps5) controller, there is a difference since the prevrious one.

Of course it's the dual sense now which does imo feel it has a 'longer' travel distance both on the triggers as well as the sticks.

So I get this feeling too especially like Mexico, the quick turns mid-section, the response is too slow in changing direction at high speed, even when adjusted in te controller schematics.

I also feel that this year you have to be in the 'right gear' when turning. I often prefer to takes high speed turns just a gear higher to avoid wheelspin at hiqh torque, this seems a bad idea in f1 2021...

Edited by Pdexter
  • Administrator

@DaviJavarini

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.

Providing key examples via video may help your case. I can race on controller and wheel pretty easily.

Many thanks
Barry

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@DaviJavarini

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.

Providing key examples via video may help your case. I can race on controller and wheel pretty easily.

Many thanks
Barry

The fact that the car takes too long to turn does not seem to be a bug. Actually it's not, but this costs me vital on-track pace.

• A detailed description of the issue:  I tried to drive in Singapore with normal calibration settings is absolutely undriveable because I try to turn in I hit the wall on some corners even though I put the maximum steering possible (I do not drive with steering assist on) and with the settings stepphensmattlee gave I still go off track on some corners.
  • Report Code: Forgot to get one.
  • Platform? Ps4
  • Game-mode? Grand Prix
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: Turned under braking. These settings
  • On 8/24/2021 at 10:55 AM, stephensmattlee said:

Personally loving the handling on controller this year. Did make a few tweaks in the settings to improve things even more vs the default settings.  These are for PS5 using the Dualsense…

Calibration:

Steering Linearity - 10

Steering Saturation - 5

Throttle Linearity - 25

Brake Linearity - 25

Everything else default

On Track Effects - 100

Everything else default

Generic Settings:

Adaptive Triggers - Weak (also set to Medium from the PS5 main accessibility settings, even on Weak I still find my fingers get very sore and ache over a longer race distance)

Hope these help 👍

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: None.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: Drive around Singapore with a Ps4 Dualshock contoller or Ps5 Dualsense controller. These settings help
  • On 8/24/2021 at 10:55 AM, stephensmattlee said:

Calibration:

Steering Linearity - 10

Steering Saturation - 5

Throttle Linearity - 25

Brake Linearity - 25

Everything else default

On Track Effects - 100

Everything else default

Generic Settings:

Hope these help 👍

Edited by OwnMasterMad