Jump to content Jump to content

ABS is to powerfull

I don't know if this has been brought up already, but the ABS is to powerfull on this game. People can go so much faster if they use it, it is so frustrating to see. People shouldn't get rewarded for using assists. I get some people are better and more experienced on the game and a good player can still be faster without ABS when they race someone who is worse than them and using ABS, but they can be even faster if they use ABS themselves aswell. 

In my opinion this needs some addressing as on last year's game it was pretty balanced and you couldn't be much quicker (I think you were actually slower) when using ABS...

1 hour ago, Olavstar said:

I don't know if this has been brought up already, but the ABS is to powerfull on this game. People can go so much faster if they use it, it is so frustrating to see. People shouldn't get rewarded for using assists. I get some people are better and more experienced on the game and a good player can still be faster without ABS when they race someone who is worse than them and using ABS, but they can be even faster if they use ABS themselves aswell. 

In my opinion this needs some addressing as on last year's game it was pretty balanced and you couldn't be much quicker (I think you were actually slower) when using ABS...

Did actually any Esports driver test that? Jarno Opmeer tested it in last years game i think and said its basically same speed as without ABS so i dont think its too bad, i dont feel like ABS is faster, it might just be harder to brake right without ABS...

There have been several other threads discussing this.

Conceptually it doesn't seem wrong to me that driving with ABS can be as fast or even possibly slightly faster, in that I suspect this is probably realistic. What I'd like to see is separate TT leaderboards for no assist times. Online ranked could also either have a separate no assists category, or to limit the highest rank that could be achieved whilst assists are used. Just my humble thoughts 🙂.

Here's Jarno's video that was mentioned above for anyone curious:

On 8/19/2021 at 3:15 PM, Ultra3142 said:

There have been several other threads discussing this.

Conceptually it doesn't seem wrong to me that driving with ABS can be as fast or even possibly slightly faster, in that I suspect this is probably realistic. What I'd like to see is separate TT leaderboards for no assist times. Online ranked could also either have a separate no assists category, or to limit the highest rank that could be achieved whilst assists are used. Just my humble thoughts 🙂.

Here's Jarno's video that was mentioned above for anyone curious:

Yeah I've seen that video, but to me it seems as if abs is more powerfull this year then it was last year.

I can confirm the problem, many drivers in my league tell me the same thing. They use ABS Assistant so that they drive faster, although they can also drive without ABS Assistant. This is not right  

The ultimate issue is that a driving aid / assistant is needed. Any use of assist should not make someone go faster. This assistant should not become an advantage over those who drive without an assistant. 

The challenge of the game is to have the skills to become the fastest without driving aids and not with assistants. 

So everyone should be slowed down with assistants.

Das Problem kann ich bestätigen, viele Fahrer in meiner Liga erzählen mir das gleiche. Sie benutzen ABS Assistent, damit sie schneller fahren, obwohl sie auch ohne ABS Assistent fahren können. Das ist nicht richtig  

Es geht letztlich darum, dass eine Fahrhilfe / Assistent gebraucht wird. Jede Nutzung von Assistenten sollte nicht jemanden schneller machen. Dieser Assistent sollte nicht zum Vorteil werden, gegenüber denjenigen, der ohne Assistent fährt. 

Die Herausforderung am Spiel ist doch die Fähigkeiten zu haben, der schnellste ohne Fahrhilfen zu werden und nicht mit Assistenten. 

Also sollte jeder mit Assistenten gebremst werden.

• Agree 1