Jump to content Jump to content

The Best, Worst, and Weirdest of Codemasters F1 (09-21) - Youtube

1 minute ago, marioho said:

Big fan of Raycevick here! Saw the notification earlier and added to my watchlist already.

Oh it's a long one, about to drag the other half through it with some takeaway as a peace offering. 

For those one here who may miss it as they're not avid youtube watchers, Raycevick, as you will know, makes very high quality videos at a pro level, grab the popcorn!

Have to say I agreed with everything he says with regards to F1 2010-2020, spot on with every strength and weakness of each entry in the series.  F1 2020 is definitely the highest point of the series in every way and couldn’t agree more with his comments on last years title.

I did feel he was a tad overly generous on F1 2021 though with how lacking in quality and polish the game is and remains to be, something he even criticised F1 2017 and 2018 for (when compared to 2016 and 2019).  Braking Point is a total waste of disc space so I agree with his criticisms on that, plus I also share his reservations of the story mode for the next Grid title too.

I did find the bit at the end interesting though when discussing the future and what the games could look like if EA decide not to focus so much on microtransactions and instead go the route of aggressive sales of DLC packs like tracks, classic cars, classic drivers, F3 etc. I mean we’ve already lost the classic cars so do think it could be a very strong possibility. 

• Agree 1

Hahaha the part on the kerbs was so, so good!

For all its shortcomings, there's no way I'm letting go of 2021 handling to play older games consistently. I'll probably boot 2020 now and then for the classic cars, but the handling has never felt better to me with no assists. The feedback even on a pad makes it a joy, truly, and very rewarding.

On the shortcomings though, I thought Raycevick was going to single out the streamlining of the R&D/caRPG experience on career modes.

I forgot O'Dwyer was friends with him. I love that guy and his participation on this piece was awesome!

@KNT2011, loved it. Thanks! Haha even though it was already on my literal Youtube watchlist.

• Agree 1
5 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

I did find the bit at the end interesting though when discussing the future and what the games could look like if EA decide not to focus so much on microtransactions and instead go the route of aggressive sales of DLC packs like tracks, classic cars, classic drivers, F3 etc. I mean we’ve already lost the classic cars so do think it could be a very strong possibility. 

IF they're repackaged in a way, as he showed with I think it was 2013? (I picked up a Ps3 for pennies recently I'm definitely going to hunt down a copy of that) with the Murray Walker commentary and the time appropriate broadcast overlays with classic styled tracks, DLC is something I would certainly be interested in. 

If it's what we had last year sold back to me though, I'll pass. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1