Jump to content Jump to content

Double Shifting

Hello! I am using the Logitech G29 wheel and I have a problem with double shifting, specifically with downshifting. I have noticed in other games there is a way to add delay to your shifting so it doesn't occur. Is there any way I can do that in this game? Because otherwise it's unplayable.

Thanks in advance!

Unplayable? You're in full control of this - just shift correctly 🙂.

I don't think there is an adjustment for this, just a limitation that prevents you getting in too low a gear for the current speed I think.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Unplayable? You're in full control of this - just shift correctly 🙂.

I don't think there is an adjustment for this, just a limitation that prevents you getting in too low a gear for the current speed I think.

It's not my problem, it's the wheel that has the problem and it downshifts with one click of the paddle

4 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Sounds like a driver / calibration / wheel install problem to me. Is there a way to test / calibrate the buttons in the driver or with another game, and does this occur there as well?

it does happen to every game, but every game has a setting where you can set a certain time (ms) in between the gearing inputs

7 minutes ago, Snowdave65 said:

Hi.

I had this problem on F1 2020 on PS4 Pro (only upshifting twice for me).

It was due to the PS3 / PS4 select button on the wheel. It was selected on PS3 and not on PS4 and created this bug...

Nope, it's on PS4

Sounds like it's a wheel issue and not a game issue to me. I have only had problems with missing shifts (bad down shift relay in my wheel. Replaced relay and problem fixed), never had double shifts. Does it happen on both up shifts and down shifts or just one of them????

1 minute ago, Getts0388 said:

Sounds like it's a wheel issue and not a game issue to me. I have only had problems with missing shifts (bad down shift relay in my wheel. Replaced relay and problem fixed), never had double shifts. Does it happen on both up shifts and down shifts or just one of them????

Only one of them

Then I think it's the relay in the wheel starting to go bad. It probably will only get worse with time. I don't know about Logitech wheels, but I was able to replace the bad relay in my Thrustmaster F1 wheel easily. Try looking for replacement parts and videos online. Good luck! 

Particular versions of the game make the problem worse , for example F1 2016 causes zero problems with gear changes on my wheel but F1 2020 causes gear skipping on the same wheel with the same tactile/ momentary switch .  It may have something to do with the changes that they made to the gearbox to stop people cramming the gears in rapid down changes to cause more rotation of the car in 2019 ?

Edited by Exasperated