Jump to content Jump to content

Car perfomance update for F1 2021 - Available Now

Same as last year you have to wait so long for a performance patch. There would be alot of people who would want to start a career but are waiting for this patch or tracks.

Veitnam made it on to last years game but imola or portimao can't??? I can understand jeddah not being on there.

Codemasters have had plenty of time to sort both of these

Edited by grizzles777
  • Agree 3

Last year the excuse was that I had too few runs, and too little data.  But now we're past half of the Championship, data and races abound.  If it's going to leave on the same deadline as last year, we still have two months to go.  I need this patch to start my career mode.

• Agree 4
1 hour ago, Badmayhem said:

Im tryin to remember that this game was made during the pandemic shutdowns.

Literally makes 0 difference, work is easily done remotely and even then, most places haven’t had hard covid restrictions since early winter.

32 minutes ago, Vince7099 said:

Literally makes 0 difference, work is easily done remotely

As much as I'm hesitant to jump to CM's defence over the lack of patches and updates over a month after release, this is a dismissive comment to make. 

Working in logistics I can tell you that working remotely is not 'easy', whether it's communication issues with people whose availability is suddenly limited compared to being in office, to software, network and IT issues taking far longer to sort out remotely, to staff having to cover for others that are having problems and that's not to mention those away with illness, isolating due to covid symptoms etc. who aren't (and shouldn't be, dependent on circumstance) expected to work during that time. 

32 minutes ago, Vince7099 said:

most places haven’t had hard covid restrictions since early winter.

If we even just take this is as fact, not knowing CM's specific situation regarding lockdown or restrictions, this puts it right in the heart of the development cycle for the game.

I don't know what industry you work in but I'm genuinely pleased for you if your company has had an easy time with remote working, but please keep in mind that is not everybody's experience. 

It's very easy these days to dismiss covid and its effects on business as overhyped or an excuse, but it still continues to slow industry down to a halt at times and since we've just had our working at home setup extended indefinitely instead of returning in September as initially.planned it's clear that it's far from over yet. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Is there supposed to be a performance patch coming? If so, Is there any estimation of when the performance patch will be implemented? I would like to know because my league wants to start up when the patch comes, but we don't know if we should keep waiting or start soon.

4 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

As much as I'm hesitant to jump to CM's defence over the lack of patches and updates over a month after release, this is a dismissive comment to make. 

Working in logistics I can tell you that working remotely is not 'easy', whether it's communication issues with people whose availability is suddenly limited compared to being in office, to software, network and IT issues taking far longer to sort out remotely, to staff having to cover for others that are having problems and that's not to mention those away with illness, isolating due to covid symptoms etc. who aren't (and shouldn't be, dependent on circumstance) expected to work during that time. 

If we even just take this is as fact, not knowing CM's specific situation regarding lockdown or restrictions, this puts it right in the heart of the development cycle for the game.

I don't know what industry you work in but I'm genuinely pleased for you if your company has had an easy time with remote working, but please keep in mind that is not everybody's experience. 

It's very easy these days to dismiss covid and its effects on business as overhyped or an excuse, but it still continues to slow industry down to a halt at times and since we've just had our working at home setup extended indefinitely instead of returning in September as initially.planned it's clear that it's far from over yet. 

While I understand it’s not an easy switch, we aren’t talking about a start up company with 500k in the bank, it’s a massive company that’s just had the rights taken over by EA, their resources will be limitless when it comes to situations like this. They literally made a next gen copy of this game in the same timeframe that they would to release.

At the moment all this game is, is a glossed over f1 2020 with some fancy new sounds, AI that are able to drive on rails and an interface when they should have focused on the very thing that the game is for, racing. 

If you bought Fifa would you be happy if they hadn’t bother to include player transfers? 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Vince7099 said:

While I understand it’s not an easy switch, we aren’t talking about a start up company with 500k in the bank, it’s a massive company that’s just had the rights taken over by EA, their resources will be limitless when it comes to situations like this. They literally made a next gen copy of this game in the same timeframe that they would to release.

At the moment all this game is, is a glossed over f1 2020 with some fancy new sounds, AI that are able to drive on rails and an interface when they should have focused on the very thing that the game is for, racing. 

If you bought Fifa would you be happy if they hadn’t bother to include player transfers? 

https://youtu.be/NW3D9HcQlOM

Edited by Exasperated
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Vince7099 said:

The EA deal came so late in the F1 2021 development cycle that Codemasters couldn't make any use of they got to offer. This has all being laid out on interviews, posts and what one can reasonable guess knowing how yearly franchises work. So in a way I think you all but gave Codies a pass here.

I've got 4 or 5 FIFA games in my library, having come from another yearly franchise in Pro Evolution Soccer. I can only compare to Codies' F1 2019 onwards as I didn't play previous games, but the improvements made in physics and handling model, accessibility features and game modes makes FIFA pale in comparison, in my opinion.

F1 2021 have glaring issues I cannot condone in removing aspects of career modes and trip ups like the removal of GP and championship save slots, plus all the other shortcomings and disappointments we are all well aware of. "Player transfers", which is probably as simple a task as they come in game development, are included in F1 2021 from day zero with a grid that reflects the current lineup, so that wouldn't be my choice for contrasting the state of different yearly franchises.

Edit: on FIFA yet. Check the credits at the bottom.

20210821_225821.thumb.jpeg.9013d1ec77e1ce6a79296ad661040591.jpeg

Edited by marioho
16 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

How hard is it to implement a performance patch though? The running order is very clear now 

To make this short, its not jsut giving Red Bull a better engine and so on.. They have to change the AIs behavior for this as the AI is the limiting factor which isnt ideal and i think that should be worked on but as is the AI either cant get the full potential out of more aerodynamics or freaks out when there is much less downforce..

So no it still takes a while because the AI needs a complete overhaul

• Agree 1

I suspect it's relevant that aspects of AI performance and possibly car handling are currently being investigated by Codemasters, in that any 'perfornance patch' type update probably needs to be made after a decision has been made on these.

40 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

To make this short, its not jsut giving Red Bull a better engine and so on.. They have to change the AIs behavior for this as the AI is the limiting factor which isnt ideal and i think that should be worked on but as is the AI either cant get the full potential out of more aerodynamics or freaks out when there is much less downforce..

So no it still takes a while because the AI needs a complete overhaul

that's not true because just look at career where they drive faster cars, the AI is ok

• Agree 1

To make this short, this has always been a thing with the AI and has nothing to do with the AI going at speeds that are impossible for the cars, thats just rubberbanding, if you just change the car values like drag, chassis, aero etc. only those that affect straightlinespeed greatly affect the AIs speed outside of what Codemasters programmed them to do

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

My expectations were low but holy f... I'm so disappointed by codemasters. I will never again buy a codemasters game on release for the full price. When I buy the official game of a F1 season I expect official tracks and car Performance of that season not a half baked pre-alpha version with broken online Matchmaking 

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

Come on Codies! F1 is back this weekend please release the performance patch

ETA October or late September if they were pushing like a hell as Jarno Trulli did long time ago.)

4 hours ago, Blackbird said:

ETA October or late September if they were pushing like a hell as Jarno Trulli did long time ago.)

all I can think of is him being the "Trulli Train" at monaco..  which works if you were being sarcastic 😄

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • PJTierney changed the title to Car perfomance update for F1 2021 - Available Now