DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bring back the old physics.

After update the gameplay seems very arcade. It is so easy to turn now. Also it seems that oversteer have disappeared and this is So unrealistic.

But hang on, do we really want to have RBR's style of physics? I just read this quote from the chief game designer of Dirt Rally, which is a pretty interesting viewpoint:

"However, my personal feeling and the feeling of a number of rally drivers I've spoken to who've had experience of Richard Burns Rally out of the box - I'm not talking about the modded version - certainly it's too hard. It's a simulation that goes beyond what is real, and if rally cars fully drove like that, there wouldn't be many rally drivers left in the world because they'd all be wrapped around trees."

the reality is that dirt rally is good as it is,  a simulator doesn't need to be more difficult than in real life..............

teknoid85 said:
But hang on, do we really want to have RBR's style of physics? I just read this quote from the chief game designer of Dirt Rally, which is a pretty interesting viewpoint:

"However, my personal feeling and the feeling of a number of rally drivers I've spoken to who've had experience of Richard Burns Rally out of the box - I'm not talking about the modded version - certainly it's too hard. It's a simulation that goes beyond what is real, and if rally cars fully drove like that, there wouldn't be many rally drivers left in the world because they'd all be wrapped around trees."

the reality is that dirt rally is good as it is,  a simulator doesn't need to be more difficult than in real life..............

I totally agree. That is not a simulation. This is a arcade game now for small kids, who didn’t drive a car before. This is not to frustrate them and so to sell more games for next Christmas.

Last physics was not what you can call realistic, but it was a little bit closer to the real rally world than now. I think it was a good compromise.

I can understand that “CODEMASTERS” needs to sell as much as possible and therefore changed the physics.

But keep in mind that many people who bought this game by early access were convinced to get a simulation not an arcade game (At the beginning of early access everybody talked about CODEMASTERs new simulation!).

If there is no change back to more realisme those people will never buy another rally game of CODEMASTER in future, because they don’t like to be fooled.

In my opinion it should be possible to give the game an additional second realistic physic, which allows to choose to drive mode whether arcade or realisme.

I feel that the cars and tracks are currently in very different stages of development.
For example for me the combination of the new impreza in finland feels good, but the Group-B cars in monaco for example are completely off. (in my personal opinion)
Without an overview of which cars and tracks are in which state of development, this discussion will lead to 10 different conclusions.

teknoid85 said:

No offense. :)

Any game developer can say that...
and some folks been saying it for years on various forums.

But when asked to provide the source... nada.

As for the current state of the physics - i would like a more hardcore mode, better than it was in version 1.
Proper left foot braking, analog and handbrake pressure release on throttle etc.

the physics are much closer to real life now .... not perfect but its getting there.
of course i can only speak for 2 of the cars (you figure the 2)

own996 said:
I feel that the cars and tracks are currently in very different stages of development.
For example for me the combination of the new impreza in finland feels good, but the Group-B cars in monaco for example are completely off. (in my personal opinion)
Without an overview of which cars and tracks are in which state of development, this discussion will lead to 10 different conclusions.
totally agree.  hope that in the next update all cars have (the improved) v2 physics