Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[MOD][TEXTURE] SUMMER IN FINLAND v.0.3

SUMMER IN FINLAND - v.0.3

This Mod is for whom wanted Summer in Finland stages.
It's good even if you like the Autumn look like me,
because it's nice to have new options!

INSTALLATION:
- Make a backup of your files located in the Dirt Rally\tracks\locations\finland\ouninpohja_rally_01 and ouninpohja_rally_02 folders.
- Open the Vegetation folder, copy the files and replace the ones contained in the ouninpohja_rally_01 and ouninpohja_rally_02 folders.
- Enjoy 

ADDITIONAL STUFF:
In addition, you can now use the tweaked lighting_day.xml contained in the Weather folder to change the standard weather in finland.
Take a look at the included screenshot to preview the weather.
NB: Don't want the wet effect? Open the xml and set <param wet_forced="true" /> to false.

CHANGELOG:
v.0.3
Darker ground cover grass with more fixes
Added first weather variant (lighting_day)
v.0.2
Better LOD images (distant trees)
Fixed some autumn style trees
Changed Ground Cover Grass
v.0.1
First release

DOWNLOAD:

v.0.3
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/summer-in-finland.7879/

OLDER VERSIONS
v.0.2:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sywGKfYJnpWXZBcDBmVXJ5akU/view?usp=docslist_api

v.0.1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sywGKfYJnpRjRmWXJvaFFEVWM/view?usp=sharing

SCREENSHOTS

DEFINITELY going to try this right away! Will post my thoughts about this mod later!

Alright, I have tested this mod and I am REALLY loving it.

One thing I noticed though: leaves in ditches are still yellow/orange. Making these green would make this already awesome mod complete. If you can, please do so!

Also, please upload your mod at RaceDepartment!

Nice one! Personally, I'm a big fan of the autumn look but I'm an even bigger fan of options so I look forward to trying this out.

The autumn look doesn't bother me at all, but that's one sweet looking mod!

+1 for the look and effort :)

Evilsmurf said:

The autumn look doesn't bother me at all, but that's one sweet looking mod!

+1 for the look and effort :)

This so much.
GroupBFanatic said:
Looking good ! 
any performance hit to be expected or reported with using this mod  ?
Can't imagine any texture mod having an actual performance impact as long as it doesn't overload the VRAM.

for me,  this texture Mod is a perfect example how the modding community can make this outstanding Rally Sim even more awesome. having such mods for tweaking / setting up the sim for one's personal taste is a big plus. --  and it fuels once more my hopes , that we will have the modding community some day being able to create  own tracks..

for me,  this texture Mod is a perfect example how the modding community can make this outstanding Rally Sim even more awesome. having such mods for tweaking / setting up the sim for one's personal taste is a big plus. --  and it fuels once more my hopes , that we will have the modding community some day being able to create  own tracks..

+1
Great mod. Just imagine what sim community could bring to the table. I am impressed with what people are producing already. Great job!

Check fin_mid_distance_trees_d, it has birches with green trunks. Should be white/light gray. Other than that looks good.

Edit: also make sure the colors match in lower lod and higher lod trees, so there's no colors change when the trees come closer.

DEFINITELY going to try this right away! Will post my thoughts about this mod later!

Alright, I have tested this mod and I am REALLY loving it.

One thing I noticed though: leaves in ditches are still yellow/orange. Making these green would make this already awesome mod complete. If you can, please do so!

Also, please upload your mod at RaceDepartment!

it is almost impossible to edit the ditches and road..I tried it 

X2

I was fine with autum theme but after this theres no going back! :D Really awesome. Just if there could be a way add more leafs to the trees

Many thanks to everyone, it's really great to see how this simple mod is supported :)
Like many said, it's nice to have some new options, and mods are done for that!

Sadly, like many noticed and like @Jambo said, it's nearly impossible to change the leaves in ditches because the road textures seems to be included in some other files (not pssg).
If anyone does know how to mod these textures or have some reference material / images of summer in finland please post it, thanks!

xkevlarx said:
Check fin_mid_distance_trees_d, it has birches with green trunks. Should be white/light gray. Other than that looks good.

Edit: also make sure the colors match in lower lod and higher lod trees, so there's no colors change when the trees come closer.
Thanks @xkevlarx for the feedback! I fixed the tree and it will be added for the next update!

Could someone render Monte Carlo to a greenish location by removing all the snowy textures if really possible? That would look a bit as San Remo.with short walls at sides.

Darhour said:
Could someone render Monte Carlo to a greenish location by removing all the snowy textures if really possible? That would look a bit as San Remo.with short walls at sides.
Probably not. That's a much bigger job both in the number of textures and in the amount of editing required.
You'd probably have to redraw many from scratch.

BrySkye said:
Darhour said:
Probably not. That's a much bigger job both in the number of textures and in the amount of editing required.
You'd probably have to redraw many from scratch.
Additionally the snow banks on the higher parts and general snow/ice on the road

Darhour said:
   I'd prefer the Devs would introduce San Remo Rallye in general in 2016

Although your idea sounds quite nice , it seems it's technically too complicated...

Darhour said:
   I'd prefer the Devs would introduce San Remo Rallye in general in 2016

Although your idea sounds quite nice , it seems it's technically too complicated...

I prefer Spain rally fro asphalt surface , this location exists in just released WRC 5 game but the game itself is shity! :# :D :p