Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[MOD][TEXTURE] SUMMER IN FINLAND v.0.3

snip...

steel89ita said:
I fixed the tree and it will be added for the next update!
Thanks for the season change. :)

Any chance of adding the version number to the name of the uploaded file and also include the version number in the readme.

All i've got right now is "treestextures.zip". so no way of knowing what version it is.
In the readme: "TEXTURE PACK - SUMMER IN FINLAND for DiRT RALLY" again it would be nice to have version number included.

Imagine software/games/os' without version numbers. :)

Darhour said:
Could someone render Monte Carlo to a greenish location by removing all the snowy textures if really possible? That would look a bit as San Remo.with short walls at sides.

Even if it was possible, the snow and ice would still be present as it's coded into the road surface.

While it might end up looking San Remoish, it will still drive like Monte Carlo. :/

Great job turning Finnland into summer. The original look was good, but summer green is even better!

Now we need to take care of Germany. ATM is looks way too yellowish. In reality it's is very green too.

Darhour said:
Could someone render Monte Carlo to a greenish location by removing all the snowy textures if really possible? That would look a bit as San Remo.with short walls at sides.
   I'd prefer the Devs would introduce San Remo Rallye in general in 2016

Although your idea sounds quite nice , it seems it's technically too complicated...

I prefer Spain rally fro asphalt surface , this location exists in just released WRC 5 game but the game itself is shity! :# :D :p
Nahh, Spain's stages are quite uninteresting imo. Wide, flat, 2-lane roads. I'd rather have San Remo or Corsica. :)

bogani said:
Darhour said:
   I'd prefer the Devs would introduce San Remo Rallye in general in 2016

Although your idea sounds quite nice , it seems it's technically too complicated...

I prefer Spain rally fro asphalt surface , this location exists in just released WRC 5 game but the game itself is shity! :# :D :p
Nahh, Spain's stages are quite uninteresting imo. Wide, flat, 2-lane roads. I'd rather have San Remo or Corsica. :)
Rally Argentina is pretty similar to Greece, just less trees and more bushes and rocky mountains. I hope it will be included sometime.

ok guys as you mod summer for Finland and probably for Germany plz mod snowy weather for greek rally.. It snows in Greece every 5 years around for one - two days.. :p

I require a rally on the moon - make it so. 
That's what they were trying to simulate with the Focus windscreen. I mean that lunar surface has to get very bright when the Sun is hitting it. Moon Rally confirmed! 

This is where I am:
I colored most of the lod trees to see how they blend with the hi-res texture and changed them to avoid different colors between them.

The result seems great and I even changed the grass in the ground_cover.pssg file, that should be better now, at least for my eyes
(please don't look at the headlights!)  :p

So v.0.2 should be out really soon with the fixes.
Add me on Steam for more W.I.P screens and tests! :)

paulieGTR said:
snip...

steel89ita said:
I fixed the tree and it will be added for the next update!
Thanks for the season change. :)

Any chance of adding the version number to the name of the uploaded file and also include the version number in the readme.

All i've got right now is "treestextures.zip". so no way of knowing what version it is.
In the readme: "TEXTURE PACK - SUMMER IN FINLAND for DiRT RALLY" again it would be nice to have version number included.

Imagine software/games/os' without version numbers. :)

Sure paulie, you are completely right!
From 0.2 you will see the version number in the uploaded file!

Great mod man, thanks! I like the autumn colors also but I feel that the green leaves manage better to give you a realistic feel.

OK guys,
I updated Summer in FINLAND v.0.2
You can find the download link in the first page!

More additions are coming soon with the v.0.3!
Add me on Steam at this link to see some screenshots of the WIP version:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steel89pyro/

OK guys,
I updated Summer in FINLAND v.0.2
You can find the download link in the first page!

More additions are coming soon with the v.0.3!
Add me on Steam at this link to see some screenshots of the WIP version:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steel89pyro/
Thankyou...

The version number makes some difference. :)

This is the comparison between v.01 and v.02:
- different grass textures (ground_cover)
- fixes for LOD tree textures

(click the images to see the bigger)

v02 02

v02 03

v02 04

v02 01

For v.03 I'm planning to add a different lighting file.. you'll see more soon, or add me on Steam to see some screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steel89pyro

Installed this and the Focus windscreen mod last night!  Top work! Many thanks

v.0.3 arrived just now with these changes:
Darker ground cover grass with more fixes
Added first weather variant (lighting_day) [more options!]

Here for the download:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/summer-in-finland.7879/

Great stuff, thanks. By 'weather variant', do you mean you've managed to add another to the originals?
It replaces the lighting day weather. It's slightly different from the original one, anyway I'll add some comparison screenshots later!