Jump to content Jump to content

Just saying


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

This is just sad.

As is counting them 😛.

(At least those issues have been acknowledged to be looked at. We're clearly a very long way from everything being resolved though, including issues that have yet to be tagged in the same way.)

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

As is counting them 😛.

(At least those issues have been acknowledged to be looked at. We're clearly a very long way from everything being resolved though, including issues that have yet to be tagged in the same way.)

Would you buy a car or house (in fact anything) that had 100+ problems with it?

Also to sell something that has 100+ things wrong with it is very questionable morally.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

Would you buy a car or house (in fact anything) that had 100+ problems with it?

It would depend on the price and the significance of the issues to me.

On the game I'm not trying to dismiss your point but equally things could be worse. I also have both F1 2020 and F1 2021 but play the latter by choice. Despite the issues I'm still glad I bought it. If I hadn't and was purely going by the posts here I'd likely think things were far worse than the reality that I personally experience. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

It would depend on the price and the significance of the issues to me.

On the game I'm not trying to dismiss your point but equally things could be worse. I also have both F1 2020 and F1 2021 but play the latter by choice. Despite the issues I'm still glad I bought it. If I hadn't and was purely going by the posts here I'd likely think things were far worse than the reality that I personally experience. 

It's kind of like buying a house that throws you out the front door every 30 minutes and locks you out when it's raining outside.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

It's kind of like buying a house that throws you out the front door every 30 minutes and locks you out when it's raining outside.

Fortunately not for me but I do appreciate that for those experiencing regular game crashes the situation is totally different.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Fortunately not for me but I do appreciate that for those experiencing regular game crashes the situation is totally different.

What console/input do you use? Do you play much online?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

What console/input do you use? Do you play much online?

Check the signature below all of my posts 🙂. Rotate your phone to landscape orientation if you can't see it.

Online multiplayer is useless for me too and I couldn't recommend the game currently to anyone wanting this to be their primary focus. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i got the xbox (one x) disc version and i can sometimes slap myself buying the game this year....  The solo game is more or less ok, exept the curbes thing. 

But online i experience complete game crashes (from complete freezing to crashing back to the xbox home screen). Online / multiplayer is completely messed-up, a lot of not loading or crashes. Some weird driver rating update were ricciardo is flying??? Graphics are flickering or poping up ... those kind of things

And updates for this console are rare after almost 2 months of error calling by almost everyone with an xbox...

Edited by PSVwally
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Fortunately not for me but I do appreciate that for those experiencing regular game crashes the situation is totally different.

Same for me as well - I have not experienced any crashes (PS4 + G29), but I also only play single player. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

Would you buy a car or house (in fact anything) that had 100+ problems with it?

Also to sell something that has 100+ things wrong with it is very questionable morally.

Haha geez, thankfully this is just a game 😁

Not trivializing the issues. I get your point and F1 2021 has had way rougher of a release than F1 2020. I'm disappointed with the game in a handful of aspects too, like how they flattened the career modes' experience with how practice programs are dished out now and the out-and-out blunder of stripping save slots for GP and Championship modes. I don't play online, still the bug and performance reports that get dropped here in the forum and other communities indicate it's far from being in an satisfactory state.

I play offline most of the time. TT for fun, GP for setups and fun. All 50% races with an occasional 100% race peppered over the mix. What can I, personally, say against the game? Aside from what I listed above:

  • TT has on occasion not loaded the global leaderboards;
  • I got the tyres dropping below the tarmac surface on Hungary once.

That's it. It has never crashed on me. I play on a base PS4 with a controller. So would I buy a car, house or a game that has 100+ problems if the utter majority of them didn't bother me? Well, I did buy the game and I'm happy with it. Thankfully it is way less of a commitment than a car or a house!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The opinions of how good or bad this game is depends on what platform your using. Im on xbox s with controller. Crashes in cut screens and replays after the race in ALL offline modes. Try to do a beginner race THREE HOURS to get in! Now the fustration gets real as there are no tutorials to show you what to do. I end up spectating and the winner runs 1:30s for every lap at France which is what the top Redbull esports drver ran in the PSGL race, beginner race yeah right. But the fun wasnt over yet as I got stuck in the result screen and had to shut off the game to get out which happen the 3 times I watched. For xbox we need a major overhaul.

A really good game is just below all these problems but Im afraid that people who buy this as their 1st F1 game arent going to be around very long. Here's to hoping for the best.

PS

This was my 1st time trying online since I started playing F1 in October.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

It's kind of like buying a house that throws you out the front door every 30 minutes and locks you out when it's raining outside.

You got this wrong, because if your house was like the game, the doors, windows and locks were yet to be delivered, but your had information that they would be supplied "within the life cycle of the house" 😛😂🤣

On a more serious note, in an hour (Monday) it will be 3 weeks since the last patch. Given that there are quite many annoying things to be fixed (multiplayer lounges, brrrrr, invisible holes in the curbs, and the like) and looking at the previous patches (which came in a 2 week shedule) I wonder how much more buyers / players will have to wait until we make another step towards a - hmmm - pleasent, positive product.

And no lets not think / talk about a performance update, or about the missing tracks, I am afraid these will take a lot more time and tbh its more important that the most annoying bugs are being fixed. Sad to say, but certainly true. The way things are going at the moment, I would not be surprised if EA / Codies would come up with some goodies for the early buyers, that might at least soothe a few. As the OP wrote, "just saying"...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from getting game corrupted which ultra solved all other bugs I’ve come across have not effected my overall enjoyment off playing offline... well except constant rain...

don’t play online so can’t comment.

however I still feel passionately that developers have got to stop the practice off releasing games riddled with bugs,  expecting end user to report them thereby doing their job for them... no other industry gets away with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

Would you buy a car or house (in fact anything) that had 100+ problems with it?

Also to sell something that has 100+ things wrong with it is very questionable morally.

Have you ever seen all 103 bugs yourself in the game?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

 would not be surprised if EA / Codies would come up with some goodies for the early buyers, that might at least soothe a few. As the OP wrote, "just saying"...

I would be very very surprised as the company line seems to be to admit no fault and brave this games cycle out. 

The largest noise is coming from here, and this place is easily ignorable. Outside, the reception has been solid in reviews and (I would imagine) sales. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

Try to do a beginner race THREE HOURS to get in! Now the fustration gets real as there are no tutorials to show you what to do. I end up spectating and the winner runs 1:30s for every lap at France which is what the top Redbull esports drver ran in the PSGL race, beginner race yeah right.

It's taken about 10 minutes to get into a beginner race the couple of times I've tried on PlayStation, which is way too much waiting about for just a 5 lap race and I won't use this until/unless it improves. I hope you didn't really spend 3 hours trying to get into a race!

The average standard online is high, as it's dominated by people who have been playing the game for years. Weekly event GPs are something of an alternative since you'll be placed in a lobby with others with at least vaguely similar qualifying times. Obviously this is only any option on weekends where these take place though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Apart from getting game corrupted which ultra solved all other bugs I’ve come across have not effected my overall enjoyment off playing offline... well except constant rain...

don’t play online so can’t comment.

however I still feel passionately that developers have got to stop the practice off releasing games riddled with bugs,  expecting end user to report them thereby doing their job for them... no other industry gets away with it

Agree here , I am enjoying the game alot , offline  , I sympathise with those get constane game crashes , that would drive me up the wall and i would be on here shouting about it. the problem with all these bugs is because this game is a yearly release , hence the limited time to introduce "new" elements and squash the bugs , Braking point was a waste of time beacuse its just too linear , there are no consequences to your actions , there is zero replay ability , Ive played 3 chapters and gave up , complete waste.  So yeh , dont waste time on silly gimmicks , make the game stable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

 I hope you didn't really spend 3 hours trying to get into a race!

 

I kept jumping in and out of career mod as it kept crashing trying to find some fun in the game. In the beginner mode there should be a time limit that once broken that's your last race with that group. Even cars are so slow and there is no place to practice races except TT which is BORING. They need to add the choice to run even in career or my team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...