Jump to content Jump to content

LOOK AT THAT NEW PATCH..Most issues ignored

3 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

can we please stop acting like toddlers who can't get what they want.

There is no chance of that happening. This appears to be the norm these days. Part of cancel culture. Cry hard enough to get what you want/think you deserve rather than being a little grateful for what is already in front of you. Sad times these last 3+ years.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
1 minute ago, martbloke said:

There is no chance of that happening. This appears to be the norm these days. Part of cancel culture. Cry hard enough to get what you want/think you deserve rather than being a little grateful for what is already in front of you. Sad times these last 3+ years.

the stupid thing is that earlier someone from codemasters said that they are working on the bugs, but it's probably still not enough, still demanding and just ignored because people are too impatient.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
19 minutes ago, HuntingHornet said:

Yes for sure they do!!! Still no Fix for the FFB loss on PS5 with my Thrustmaster T300 RS....it still goes down after about 30 Minutes +/-....

Does it suddenly cut out for you or is it gradual? Does the wheel end up feeling totally light or something else? I'm asking as I haven't noticed a problem myself with the same hardware combination and am wondering if I'm getting different behaviour or being unobservant.

9 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Does it suddenly cut out for you or is it gradual? Does the wheel end up feeling totally light or something else? I'm asking as I haven't noticed a problem myself with the same hardware combination and am wondering if I'm getting different behaviour or being unobservant.

It gets completely light only Curbs are still noticeable in full strenght. Only solution is to Disconnect it from the Console or restart the game but then the problem occurs again after few Minutes. 

You easily can reproduce it: Drive at Catalunya, Short Quali, 25% Race and at about Round 9 to 13 it will fade. Would nice if you can reply to me after testing it.

19 minutes ago, HuntingHornet said:

It gets completely light only Curbs are still noticeable in full strenght. Only solution is to Disconnect it from the Console or restart the game but then the problem occurs again after few Minutes. 

You easily can reproduce it: Drive at Catalunya, Short Quali, 25% Race and at about Round 9 to 13 it will fade. Would nice if you can reply to me after testing it.

OK, I've definitely never experienced that. I've not done a 25% race recently but I did do the Russian GP event that probably was? Over the weekend I completed Bahrain practice sessions several times, which I think are 30 minutes each?

Do you have the understeer enhancement setting on? I think that's the right name. I don't and I'm vaguely wondering if there is any chance that this is kicking in when it shouldn't and causing what you experience. Maybe just try with it off if you normally use this, just in case it might help?

Edited by Ultra3142
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

OK, I've definitely never experienced that. I've not done a 25% race recently but I did do the Russian GP event that probably was? Over the weekend I completed Bahrain practice sessions several times, which I think are 30 minutes each?

Do you have the understeer enhancement setting on? I think that's the right name. I don't and I'm vaguely wondering if there is any chance that this is kicking in when it shouldn't and causing what you experience. May just try with it off if you normally use this, just in case it might help?

I don't use any driving assists and i also don't use the understeer enhancement. 

Which FFB Settings do you use? I use 95 overall strength and the rest is default. 

Just now, HuntingHornet said:

I don't use any driving assists and i also don't use the understeer enhancement. 

Which FFB Settings do you use? I use 95 overall strength and the rest is default. 

I'm not using any assists either. I'm never sure if most people use understeer enhancement or not, or if this is considered an assist. It just feels so unrealistic to me that I hate it, and so switch it off.

I'm using the default profile for my wheel I think. It seemed OK so I stuck with it, thinking I'd Google for suggested better settings later on but haven't got round to it.

59 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

How about the fact the game still isn't safely playable on Xbox Series X (likely S too) without it crashing and shutting off your console?  That's likely the most pressing issue facing this game and it's still unaddressed.  Heck; they still haven't even warned consumers it's a potential problem yet we have an 8 page thread in the bug section on the matter with new purchasers/players reporting the issue happening on their consoles with no prior problems either. 

Sounds like you should of bought a PS5. xbox is having issues with multiple games.

• Disagree 2
5 minutes ago, HuntingHornet said:

Thats force feedback fade that you are describing, it happens when the motor in the wheel get too hot. It usually is a combination of ambient room temp and having the force feedback settings turned up way too high, which causes more heat generation in the motor.

Fading over time is almost always a hardware wheel issues caused by overheating the motor.

The time between restarting the wheel and restarting the game will allow the wheel to cool down just enough that you get full ffb force again for a few minutes, and it fades again a few after due to the motor already being fairly hot.

1 hour ago, HuntingHornet said:

Yes for sure they do!!! Still no Fix for the FFB loss on PS5 with my Thrustmaster T300 RS....it still goes down after about 30 Minutes +/-....

I have absolute no issues with this wheel on the ps5,works perfectly fine

• Like 2

In case it's relevant, I have activated the option in the firmware that means the fan is running constantly. This is generally advised I believe, in case this hasn't already been done by anyone?

Edited by Ultra3142
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Why publish a game with so many issues ????The wohl should have already taken place …

Do we valued customers not pay for a full product?

maybe next time we pay 5 € after each working patch …..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

55 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Cancel culture is thrown around so much. These are people who have paid 70 quid for a game which is full of bugs, not up to date in terms of performance and is essentially a beta program. If you’re happy to buy a product that isn’t finished then happy days but most of us weren’t 

• Agree 6
1 minute ago, Shark2Racing said:

Why publish a game with so many issues ????The wohl should have already taken place …

Do we valued customers not pay for a full product?

maybe next time we pay 5 € after each working patch …..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why does any game release with bugs?  Or any peice of software for that matter?

Its not like this is only a codemasters specific issue, every peice of software ever made has bugs. Even those really old games pre internet updating. 

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

Be grateful for paying over 60 euros for half-product? That's not how it works man.

• Agree 4
2 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Its not like this is only a codemasters specific issue, every peice of software ever made has bugs. Even those really old games pre internet updating. 

True but the baseline problem is another which has still nothing to do with codemasters.. Publishers force developers to rush games out and not just say "ok our game is bugged so we need another 2 months to sort this out"

5 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Yea but as a racing game if your steering wheel doenst work properly it's all pretty pointless isnt it

2 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

Yea but as a racing game if your steering wheel doenst work properly it's all pretty pointless isnt it

The game prefers T-pod Mario Kart drivers with a pad ……..🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂

• Disagree 3
14 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Thats force feedback fade that you are describing, it happens when the motor in the wheel get too hot. It usually is a combination of ambient room temp and having the force feedback settings turned up way too high, which causes more heat generation in the motor.

Fading over time is almost always a hardware wheel issues caused by overheating the motor.

The time between restarting the wheel and restarting the game will allow the wheel to cool down just enough that you get full ffb force again for a few minutes, and it fades again a few after due to the motor already being fairly hot.

No its not, on PS4 with the same settings you don't experience this FFB loss. Its definitely not a Wheel issue. Ive never experienced the FFB fade because the Wheel gets to hot. Fan is Always on i play games such as Assetto Corsa Competizione over hour's and the wheel is working perfectly. F12021 is the first game that drives me crazy😄 And whats also an indicator that this FFB loss is a Game side Problem is the Fact that on Curbs the FFB is still working with full strenght.

4 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

The game prefers T-pod Mario Kart drivers with a pad ……..🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂

Ah the good old, only wheel and cockpit view drivers are "real" drivers arrogance.. Trust me, just because you play with T-Cam and Pad you are not fast, it still takes hours of practice and a lot of talent as well.

9 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

Ive got a Thrustmaster t300 that ive personally not had an issue with. Im using the steam version of the game on windows 10 with the sparco rally rim installed with tlcm pedals in usb mode.

I do understand and accept that i am the exception in this regard, and that others have not had a great time getting their wheels to work with this years game. A high proportion of the time, wheels not working or no force feedback at all can be resolved by unplugging the usb cable for the wheel base and plugging it back in again while the game is still running. If you are using a usb hub, make sure its a powered hub. And if you are on pc, make sure the game window has focus (i.e is the selected and active window). The latter is an issue in multiple racing games on pc, and is an os/driver issue and not a game issue. 

3 minutes ago, HuntingHornet said:

No its not, on PS4 with the same settings you don't experience this FFB loss. Its definitely not a Wheel issue. Ive never experienced the FFB fade because the Wheel gets to hot. Fan is Always on i play games such as Assetto Corsa Competizione over hour's and the wheel is working perfectly. F12021 is the first game that drives me crazy😄 And whats also an indicator that this FFB loss is a Game side Problem is the Fact that on Curbs the FFB is still working with full strenght.

Different games run force feedback differently, so not an apples to apples comparison to use acc as a comparison to f1 2021. Games devs dont use a set standard for force feedback.

The f1 games (and codemaster games in general) have a very heavy focus on constant forces while turning, which gives great resistance in the wheel while cornering and trys to push the wheel back straight again for self aligning. This constant pushing in corners over time causes the wheel motor to heat up faster though.

With regards to the ps4 version of the game and the ps5 version specifically, that is a much closer comparison. But without technical information from codemasters or sony on wheels between the two different console versions and game versions, i cant say if there should be a difference or not.

What i can tell you from playing racing games on wheels for over 20 years, is that gradual fading of ffb over time is usually the motor overheating.

So instead of laughing me off, why dont you at least drop your ffb strength from the 95% you have it currently, down to something else like 50% and see what happens.

Also, remove all wheel damping if you use it. Because it just adds fake wheel weight, which messes with the ffb effects on wheels in the torque rance of logitech and most Thrustmaster wheels.

At most you are wasting a few minutes of your time to test it. If it doesnt fade, turn it up a bit more and see if it stays the same. And keep doing that till you feel the fading come back.

If you still have issues at a lower ingame ffb setting, then you know for certain its the game and not the ffb settings.

You will probably find that the kerbs are not at full ffb strength though, given what you describe in your posts. But because kerbs are not a constant effect, you feel it less frequently. So it can seem stronger to you when you do feel it, even with ffb fade happening.

Thrustmaster wheels, especially the tx and t300. Are very prone to ffb fading from the motor over heating. Ive owned a tx in the past, and as said above, i currently use a t300. So i am talking from experience with the same wheel you use.

P.s if you try changing the wheels force feedback settings on pc and think those carry over to the ps4/5. They dont. They are just a driver side setting for windows only.

The only built in memory that the wheels have, is just for the firmware to allow the shifters/pedals/wheel rims to work when connected directly to the wheel.

On consoles, its all handled by whatever force feedback settings the game has built in.

Only mentioning this, as youeantions "overall strength". And just want to make sure you are not confusing ingame settings with the thrustmaster driver software on pc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unplugging and plugging the wheel back in mid race isnt really an option. Also the sudden loss of ffb causes you to crash 90% of the time.

This was never an issue before on previous games.

I run my FFB at 70% so there is no chance it is the wheel overheating. I've also followed all steps provided by CM to tackle the issue. Wheel is up to date as is game. Wheel directly plugged into Xbox with no adapters or extension cables. 

27 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Ive got a Thrustmaster t300 that ive personally not had an issue with. Im using the steam version of the game on windows 10 with the sparco rally rim installed with tlcm pedals in usb mode.

I do understand and accept that i am the exception in this regard, and that others have not had a great time getting their wheels to work with this years game. A high proportion of the time, wheels not working or no force feedback at all can be resolved by unplugging the usb cable for the wheel base and plugging it back in again while the game is still running. If you are using a usb hub, make sure its a powered hub. And if you are on pc, make sure the game window has focus (i.e is the selected and active window). The latter is an issue in multiple racing games on pc, and is an os/driver issue and not a game issue. 

Different games run force feedback differently, so not an apples to apples comparison to use acc as a comparison to f1 2021. Games devs dont use a set standard for force feedback.

The f1 games (and codemaster games in general) have a very heavy focus on constant forces while turning, which gives great resistance in the wheel while cornering and trys to push the wheel back straight again for self aligning. This constant pushing in corners over time causes the wheel motor to heat up faster though.

With regards to the ps4 version of the game and the ps5 version specifically, that is a much closer comparison. But without technical information from codemasters or sony on wheels between the two different console versions and game versions, i cant say if there should be a difference or not.

What i can tell you from playing racing games on wheels for over 20 years, is that gradual fading of ffb over time is usually the motor overheating.

So instead of laughing me off, why dont you at least drop your ffb strength from the 95% you have it currently, down to something else like 50% and see what happens.

Also, remove all wheel damping if you use it. Because it just adds fake wheel weight, which messes with the ffb effects on wheels in the torque rance of logitech and most Thrustmaster wheels.

At most you are wasting a few minutes of your time to test it. If it doesnt fade, turn it up a bit more and see if it stays the same. And keep doing that till you feel the fading come back.

If you still have issues at a lower ingame ffb setting, then you know for certain its the game and not the ffb settings.

You will probably find that the kerbs are not at full ffb strength though, given what you describe in your posts. But because kerbs are not a constant effect, you feel it less frequently. So it can seem stronger to you when you do feel it, even with ffb fade happening.

Thrustmaster wheels, especially the tx and t300. Are very prone to ffb fading from the motor over heating. Ive owned a tx in the past, and as said above, i currently use a t300. So i am talking from experience with the same wheel you use.

P.s if you try changing the wheels force feedback settings on pc and think those carry over to the ps4/5. They dont. They are just a driver side setting for windows only.

The only built in memory that the wheels have, is just for the firmware to allow the shifters/pedals/wheel rims to work when connected directly to the wheel.

On consoles, its all handled by whatever force feedback settings the game has built in.

Only mentioning this, as youeantions "overall strength". And just want to make sure you are not confusing ingame settings with the thrustmaster driver software on pc.

Thanks for you're advices but all those things i tried and it dosen't worked. I can definitely say that its not the wheel. I even measured the Wheel Motor Temps under the Wheel Cover and compared them to the Temps when i played the same Setup on PS4. There is no difference. In this case its on the hands of Codemasters. 

And since Thrustmaster updated the Wheels with the possibility to leave the Fan always on theire Wheels don't Fade anymore unless you play with Forces way over the default.

Edited by HuntingHornet