Jump to content Jump to content

LOOK AT THAT NEW PATCH..Most issues ignored


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, HuntingHornet said:

Thanks for you're advices but all those things i tried and it dosen't worked. I can definitely say that its not the wheel. I even measured the Wheel Motor Temps under the Wheel Cover and compared them to the Temps when i played the same Setup on PS4. There is no difference. In this case its on the hands of Codemasters. 

 

And since Thrustmaster updated the Wheels with the possibility to leave the Fan always on theire Wheels don't Fade anymore unless you play with Forces way over the default.

 

 

Then i am sorry i cant help you, and i hope codemasters can resolve your issuein a good time frame.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

Sounds like you should of bought a PS5. xbox is having issues with multiple games.

 

That's irrelevant so lets try not to make it about that.    The fact of the matter here is I can play every other game I own with ZERO issues, including the massive console workhorse that is Flight Simulator.  The problem doesn't lie with your PS5 or my Xbox the problem lies within this game.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can’t Codemasters give us more insight on how long some bug fixes take? That way the people who play the game might understand more. Like, from and outside view, I feel adjusting the AI to real life performance really shouldn’t be that hard. So why does this take so long? Back in the old days the GP games from Geoff Crammond, heck even the F1 games from EA, it was very easy to adjust the AI performance.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

can we please stop acting like toddlers who can't get what they want.

What I want is a game that works without crashing and powering off my console when no other games do that for me.  That's not too much to ask for over a month after I paid for something.   Maybe we need to stop defending the folks at Codemasters here because some of you aren't experience issues.   That doesn't mean the rest of us are acting like toddlers not getting what they want it means we're displeased with having our money taken in exchange for a product we cant use.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vince7099 said:

Cancel culture is thrown around so much. These are people who have paid 70 quid for a game which is full of bugs, not up to date in terms of performance and is essentially a beta program. If you’re happy to buy a product that isn’t finished then happy days but most of us weren’t 

 

2 hours ago, razorvh95 said:

Be grateful for paying over 60 euros for half-product? That's not how it works man.

 

Then 1 major question is, why did you buy the game then without checking?

 

So I saw exactly the same backlash last year yet here we are using the, "We paid good money for the game so expect it to work with no issues" thrown around. Yes that's true but guess what? If you see a game franchise by a company that is bugged to h3ll year on year (with the same sort of bugs too each year I might add), why do you blindly buy the next instalment without waiting for reviews, seeing how it is or reading what is on the forums (official, reddit, etc) hoping for a different outcome?? There are people who buy blindly and are OK with the issues as perhaps they don't see these in their playthrough and there are the worrying trend of people who blindly buy games/products at stupidly high launch prices knowing full well there will be bugs galore, who essentially drive this practice from the big companies.

 

What incentive do they have to put out a polished product when you will all buy it anyways and then they can release tens of updates to fix the majority of the big bugs over the next 3-4 months? Does all this moaning on their forum, to FOM direct, on their Twitter or FB pages actually do anything to them and their profits? Nope. They will continue again and again to do this. I have not purchased the game since F1 2019 for this very reason. In fact, I have only just purchased F1 2020 at 75% off where it has had all its updates and is more or less a decent game now. I've absolutely no interest in ESports and all it really is year on year is an updated driver field and cars so there is absolutely no interest from me to buy the new game ASAP. I don't throw my money away lightly these days and hopefully this is a lesson to those who have, to actually just be patient and purchase later when you know the product is right for you. You can't moan if you are the one who has decided to ignore doing research at how the game is and blindly throw your money in their pockets for something that essentially you know nothing about!

 

If you are new to the franchise (and I see you 2 are new to the forums), then I do sympathise with you and hope you realise this happens year on year with this game unfortunately. Still a good game to get but never at launch! Codies have 1 thing going for them and that is that they do issue patches regularly (and quite a few to be honest) to fix their games but of course they don't all come at once. The performance update is always quite slow to come about but in all honesty, that doesn't really detract from the actual gameplay.

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Why can’t Codemasters give us more insight on how long some bug fixes take? That way the people who play the game might understand more. Like, from and outside view, I feel adjusting the AI to real life performance really shouldn’t be that hard. So why does this take so long? Back in the old days the GP games from Geoff Crammond, heck even the F1 games from EA, it was very easy to adjust the AI performance.

What developer offers this kind of peek at behind the scenes? The best one I can think of is Larian Studios from Divinity Original Sin.

I don't think it's any use comparing the AI from these games with that of Geoff Crammond era. If you are really interested in understanding the "how long" and "how hard" and other how's of racing game development, there's a couple videos specifically on racing AI in the Forza games, like this one:

 

 

@Meza994 and other users can offer some insight into it all to as they pop the hood of these games for modding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Codies have 1 thing going for them and that is that they do issue patches regularly (and quite a few to be honest) to fix their games

To be fair, every game gets patched. Its not just Codemasters.


But Codemasters, has a reputation for releasing their games at release with issues.
Anyone who has been playing their games long enough will have noticed at some point, but will still buying?
As if you purposely wanted to buy such games from a company like that, only to complain.

I think everyone who buys products without knowing their quality is should blame themselfe if they get a bad product.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

What I want is a game that works without crashing and powering off my console when no other games do that for me.  That's not too much to ask for over a month after I paid for something.   Maybe we need to stop defending the folks at Codemasters here because some of you aren't experience issues.   That doesn't mean the rest of us are acting like toddlers not getting what they want it means we're displeased with having our money taken in exchange for a product we cant use.

have you ever read that codemasters takes care of it, and that some issues take longer than others?
I have no problem with complaining, but when someone from Codemasters says they will take care of it and it will take time, and then players keep crying because they impatience then I find that extremely disrespectful.
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I think everyone who buys products without knowing their quality is should blame themselfe if they get a bad product.

There's a middle ground between the two views, though I get why you've gone to this extreme.

It's a bit misleading though, this is an official licensed product of Formula 1, released on the brand spanking new generation of consoles at a premium price. There is an expectation of quality in built there, whether I'm familiar with Codemasters or gaming at all.

If we take the F1 'fragrances' I've seen advertised around lately as another example, I have no idea who actually makes it but with the F1 name attached I should be able to have confidence that it is going to smell appropriately nice and not harm my skin or cause some other medical issue.

Edited by KNT2011
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

have you ever read that codemasters takes care of it, and that some issues take longer than others?
I have no problem with complaining, but when someone from Codemasters says they will take care of it and it will take time, and then players keep crying because they impatience then I find that extremely disrespectful.

No; again what is extremely disrespectful is taking my money for something that's flawed and doesn't work.  It's also pretty disrespectful for you to sit here and tell others how we should feel or react to a situation that isn't affecting you.  They've advised us to stop playing the game because it may (or may not) be damaging my system; they don't know apparently.  Then a month later still offering no updates, no fixes and now basically no communication on the matter while we roll out fixes to Braking Point, DRS beeps, shadows, little minor things that can be lived with.  A game that simply doesn't function isn't something you can pay for and live with.   If you fail to see the issue here that's on you, but don't tell others how to react or sit there and insult other's because they're not happy with the treatment they've received thus far.   This isn't complaining over something small, this is complaining about something that simply does not work, and the team here has told us basically to not play it until it's fixed.  Well; at what point is enough enough?  No fix.  No update on the issue.  Patience is long gone at this point and I'm well within my rights to feel that way and you have no understandable reason to tell me otherwise.  

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

There's a middle ground between the two views, though I get why you've gone to this extreme.

It's a bit misleading though, this is an official licensed product of Formula 1, released on the brand spanking new generation of consoles at a premium price. There is an expectation of quality in built there, whether I'm familiar with Codemasters or gaming at all.

If we take the F1 'fragrances' I've seen advertised around lately as another example, I have no idea who actually makes it but with the F1 name attached I should be able to have confidence that it is going to smell appropriately nice and not harm my skin or cause some other medical issue.

Yes I am aware of that, but would you buy a car without informing yourself about the condition first?

I mean, we're talking about a technical product, and technology sometimes tends not to function as desired.
It's not like buying bread from the same bakery for 20 years because you can expect the same quality.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, martbloke said:

 

 

Then 1 major question is, why did you buy the game then without checking?

 

So I saw exactly the same backlash last year yet here we are using the, "We paid good money for the game so expect it to work with no issues" thrown around. Yes that's true but guess what? If you see a game franchise by a company that is bugged to h3ll year on year (with the same sort of bugs too each year I might add), why do you blindly buy the next instalment without waiting for reviews, seeing how it is or reading what is on the forums (official, reddit, etc) hoping for a different outcome?? There are people who buy blindly and are OK with the issues as perhaps they don't see these in their playthrough and there are the worrying trend of people who blindly buy games/products at stupidly high launch prices knowing full well there will be bugs galore, who essentially drive this practice from the big companies.

 

What incentive do they have to put out a polished product when you will all buy it anyways and then they can release tens of updates to fix the majority of the big bugs over the next 3-4 months? Does all this moaning on their forum, to FOM direct, on their Twitter or FB pages actually do anything to them and their profits? Nope. They will continue again and again to do this. I have not purchased the game since F1 2019 for this very reason. In fact, I have only just purchased F1 2020 at 75% off where it has had all its updates and is more or less a decent game now. I've absolutely no interest in ESports and all it really is year on year is an updated driver field and cars so there is absolutely no interest from me to buy the new game ASAP. I don't throw my money away lightly these days and hopefully this is a lesson to those who have, to actually just be patient and purchase later when you know the product is right for you. You can't moan if you are the one who has decided to ignore doing research at how the game is and blindly throw your money in their pockets for something that essentially you know nothing about!

 

If you are new to the franchise (and I see you 2 are new to the forums), then I do sympathise with you and hope you realise this happens year on year with this game unfortunately. Still a good game to get but never at launch! Codies have 1 thing going for them and that is that they do issue patches regularly (and quite a few to be honest) to fix their games but of course they don't all come at once. The performance update is always quite slow to come about but in all honesty, that doesn't really detract from the actual gameplay.

Unfortunately I am new, I got f1 2020 pretty late into its cycle and didn’t know exactly what to expect on a release of a new game. I get things like tracks need time because they’re completely new. But there’s some very simple things in this game that needs sorting. I’m still waiting to find out what happened to this lovely damage model we were all shown 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, petro1319 said:

No; again what is extremely disrespectful is taking my money for something that's flawed and doesn't work.  It's also pretty disrespectful for you to sit here and tell others how we should feel or react to a situation that isn't affecting you.  They've advised us to stop playing the game because it may (or may not) be damaging my system; they don't know apparently.  Then a month later still offering no updates, no fixes and now basically no communication on the matter while we roll out fixes to Braking Point, DRS beeps, shadows, little minor things that can be lived with.  A game that simply doesn't function isn't something you can pay for and live with.   If you fail to see the issue here that's on you, but don't tell others how to react or sit there and insult other's because they're not happy with the treatment they've received thus far.   This isn't complaining over something small, this is complaining about something that simply does not work, and the team here has told us basically to not play it until it's fixed.  Well; at what point is enough enough?  No fix.  No update on the issue.  Patience is long gone at this point and I'm well within my rights to feel that way and you have no understandable reason to tell me otherwise.  

 

 

 

I never said im not affectet by this, i also have bugs and issues.
And there are updates and fixes, and there is communication. it's not my fault if you don't want to see it. the only problem is that you expect everything to work immediately, which it does not.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can be appreciative to the developers for working hard on solving issues with the game and also be disappointed with the volume and severity of issues that still remain.

I do sympathise with those having critical issues, like their console shutting down. As much as I am honestly bored of my driver avatar being Carlos Sainz and having to wait for the next patch likely in two weeks' time for a chance of it being rectified, I'd much rather CM work on solving those more serious issues for players who are experiencing them first.

And while I understand people being upset that they are paying full price for a game with a plethora of issues... well, welcome to modern gaming.

Almost every single major sports game has a raft of similar issues when they are first released. Is that OK? No, it's not. But it's a reflection of the impossible clash between the practicalities of modern game development that is more complex than ever before and the financial realities of publishers and upper management having to answer to investors and stockholders by delivering products.

The balance is always going to favour making money over delivering a flawless product every time. That's capitalism.

If you're upset about that, the best thing to do would be to vote with your wallet and not pay for games until you're satisfied they are of a suitable quality or standard. You should also report bugs in the requested format to help bring attention to the issues you have and give the devs the best chance of being able to solve them.

What isn't going to help is creating childish, reactionary threads and screaming 'AHHH! CODEMASTERES!! I AM ANGYYY!!! FIX GAM PLS' every time they drop a new patch designed to help with the issues.

Edited by Blent
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blent said:

I'd much rather CM work on solving those more serious issues for players who are experiencing them first.

 

That's what I mean, codemasters is working on it, what else can they do but work on it? 
It doesn't go any faster for whatever reason, either you live with it or you don't. 
I would also like things not to be bugged in the first place, but they are, and CM said they are working on it. You really can't ask for more than that. 

I really don't have any problems with criticism, but with impatience and unnecessary crying, which leads nowhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Yes I am aware of that, but would you buy a car without informing yourself about the condition first?

I mean, we're talking about a technical product, and technology sometimes tends not to function as desired.
It's not like buying bread from the same bakery for 20 years because you can expect the same quality.
 

Cars get factory recalled all the time to fix manufacture defects that can potentially make the cars unsafe in certain situations. So amazing comparison to make.

 

Toyota, as an example. Had an issue with mechanically faulty throttle pedals that caused pedal sticking.

 

Ford has had a few recalls due to faults that can cars their cars yo catch fire.

Ferrari had an issue with the f458 where glue could melt and land on the hot exhaust, again, causing a fire.

The lamborghini aventador had a recall due to engine fires.

 these issues where not originally known until people took ownership of brand new models, all of which have had factory recalls due to potentially faults.

If the automotive industry can have faults that need fixing after the fact, then no sector has any hope.

Even airplanes often require recalls and improvements due to issues that where not known about ate creation and only become apparent once they are in mass use.

Also, my work history is entirely in food manufacturing. I can guarantee no two batches are identical. And even food recalls happen all the time for various reasons. Usually for listeria or foreign objects in the food, such as metal. Or miss labaled packaging.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Currriss said:

I know its crazy to suggest but what Codemasters could actually do is build and release a game that isn't 80% broken in the first place?

they can't do that with F1 21 anymore...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no Fanatec rotation issue fix xbox 

This video Is before the pacht today and still problem.

With the DD,MAYBE,no problems but with CSW 2,5 we can t drive.

 

 seen this couple weeks ago and I have to do same. Whatever my in game rotation is as in say 360 I double the sen to 720 not ideal as it’s still not right. Where as 2020 was spot on rotation 

Edited by TMRFOXHUNTER
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

Still no Fanatec rotation issue fix xbox 

 

 seen this couple weeks ago and I have to do same. Whatever my in game rotation is as in say 320 I double the sen to 640 not ideal as it’s still not right. Where as 2020 was spot on rotation 

@PJTierney
uses a fanatec wheel, perhaps he could help in this instance?

Edited by Ialyrn
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

@PJTierney
uses a famatec wheel, perhaps he could help in this instance?

 

The problems are:

-If you turn to the right in the game,in the real you can still turn and you are in a dead zone;

-increase rotation mean less respons when you return central

-every lap are not the same , discontinuity.

To be more easy:why i Need to increase grade rotation ?!

 

If was the solution,ok i don t care,but Is not a solution,Is more like"ok i can drive,but Is like drive a gp2 car"

 

 

 

 

Edited by TMRFOXHUNTER
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martbloke said:

all it really is year on year is an updated driver field and cars so there is absolutely no interest from me to buy the new game ASAP.

While you may feel this way about the areas of the game you care about, and on the platform you play on, it is not true overall. If it were then I'm sure we'd have a game with fewer bugs. The reality is that Codemasters have made substantial changes, and here we are, with a game that many are enjoying but also with many issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...