Jump to content Jump to content

LOOK AT THAT NEW PATCH..Most issues ignored

3 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

The game prefers T-pod Mario Kart drivers with a pad ……..🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Oesi345 said:

Ah the good old, only wheel and cockpit view drivers are "real" drivers arrogance.. Trust me, just because you play with T-Cam and Pad you are not fast, it still takes hours of practice and a lot of talent as well.

Hey - hold your horses - it was some irony regarding the wheel bug ……..

Some developer perspective:

In the past, prior to fast internet connection speeds, games shipped exclusively in physical format. There wasn't really such a thing as patches, except ones that would appear on CD-Roms for PC magazines and stuff like that, but it wasn't a common thing. You bought your game CD in a box, put it in your drive, and started playing. The end.

With the rise of internet connection speeds and the evolution of video games into products that are more complex than ever before, the norm is now to release games in a shippable state and release subsequent patches to fix known issues that couldn't get resolved before release. It's a common industry practice, every company does it. Every. Company.

Some in here are unhappy that the patches don't fix the issues they care about. Bugs are assigned priority codes internally, and fixed according to their priority. Some bugs take longer to fix than others, some bugs are connected to other things and fixing them can impact and break things in other areas of the game. Devs therefore take time to address the issues correctly so as to not break more stuff in the game when releasing the patch (yes, it still happens sometimes. Did I mention games are complex af nowadays?). To those of you unhappy the patches don't address every single issue at once, I ask: Would you rather wait 10 months for one big patch, or get a small patch every couple of weeks that gradually improves the game? Personally, I'd pick frequent patches rather than one big patch.

Yes, you did pay money for this game. Yes, you do have a valid expectation of receiving a product that is playable and works as advertised. But no, it is not reasonable by today's standards to expect a game that is bug-free on release or that patches all the issues YOU care about in a matter of weeks. Sorry, simply not gonna happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Closing the game during the season transition in MyTeam no longer results in the user having no team name, engine supplier or sponsor

At least, this issue is mentioned in the patch list. I have been ran into these problems in two of my team Saves.

4 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

I never said im not affectet by this, i also have bugs and issues.
And there are updates and fixes, and there is communication. it's not my fault if you don't want to see it. the only problem is that you expect everything to work immediately, which it does not.

You're not paying attention.  I'm specifically referring to the fact that this game is shutting down consoles when it crashes.  That's NOT GOOD.  So you can call it people acting like toddlers all you want, and to an extent with some of the issues I agree, but I'm specifically referring to a game breaking issue here that is getting no updates, no fixes, no communication.  That's unacceptable.  So for people to sit here and say we're acting like toddlers and being disrespectful that's just ridiculous.  I literally still can not play the game I've purchased.  They've instructed us to stop playing it.  They've told us if we continue to play it and it damages our machines that's not their problem due to the EULA.   There's been virtually no solutions or communication on the matter in weeks now.  Are you starting to see the problem here?  If not, take a long hard look at it from someone's point of view aside from your own.  I'm not complaining about a shadow being off, or a blurry texture, or a beep that isn't loud enough.  I'm talking about a game breaking issue that prevents me from even playing it over a month after it was released.   We can all live with little bugs; they're frustrating but you can still play.  That's not what we're dealing with here though.

and Wait...  it's my problem for expecting a product I purchased to work?  are you serious right now? That's the whole purpose about buying and selling products.  They're supposed to work!   If the game wasn't expected to work immediately it NEVER should have been sold.  I mean; come on, are you really being serious right now or just trolling? 

Edited by petro1319
  • Haha 1

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again until we stop buying the game on release nothing will change.  

As a rule I wait 6 months after release off any game before buying it.. by then most bugs are fixed and you can also pick the game up a lot cheaper.

only reason I got this on week off release is because I finally got a ps5 the same week and f1 was the only game out that I wanted.  Even I couldn’t wait another 6 months staring at my new ps5 before playing it.

if enough people waited developers would have no option but to release games that went through proper testing pre release 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

In the past, prior to fast internet connection speeds, games shipped exclusively in physical format. There wasn't really such a thing as patches, except ones that would appear on CD-Roms for PC magazines and stuff like that, but it wasn't a common thing. You bought your game CD in a box, put it in your drive, and started playing. The end.

With the rise of internet connection speeds and the evolution of video games into products that are more complex than ever before, the norm is now to release games in a shippable state and release subsequent patches to fix known issues that couldn't get resolved before release. It's a common industry practice, every company does it. Every. Company.

Some in here are unhappy that the patches don't fix the issues they care about. Bugs are assigned priority codes internally, and fixed according to their priority. Some bugs take longer to fix than others, some bugs are connected to other things and fixing them can impact and break things in other areas of the game. Devs therefore take time to address the issues correctly so as to not break more stuff in the game when releasing the patch (yes, it still happens sometimes. Did I mention games are complex af nowadays?). To those of you unhappy the patches don't address every single issue at once, I ask: Would you rather wait 10 months for one big patch, or get a small patch every couple of weeks that gradually improves the game? Personally, I'd pick frequent patches rather than one big patch.

Yes, you did pay money for this game. Yes, you do have a valid expectation of receiving a product that is playable and works as advertised. But no, it is not reasonable by today's standards to expect a game that is bug-free on release or that patches all the issues YOU care about in a matter of weeks. Sorry, simply not gonna happen.

Dont care.  If you can't make a game that works without crashing and powering off a console you shouldn't be in the business of making games. It is in fact that simple.

To blame the consumer for having "high" expectactions is ridiculous.  The very minimum expectation we should have is a game that WORKS and doesn't crash your console and turn it off repeatedly while no other game you play does.  Little things will always happen and yes, people can expect and live with that; myself included.   Fact of the matter is it's their job to make a working game.  IF they can't then they should be refunding people their money.  I don't care how complex games are to code and program.  That's not my job, nor is it the job of mostly everyone buying this game.  Again, let me repeat there are many people out there who can not play this game without it crashing and shutting off the console.  To complain about that doesn't translate to an unrealistic expectation.

What you say may be true from the development side and complexity side; but again... their job to get it right.  Not ours.  There's no defense for some of the bugs out there.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 3

Said this before and I’ll have to say it again... developing software to work perfectly on pc’s is impossible beings so many pc’s are different.... so it’s understandable developers have to constantly release patches.  

Same cant be said for consoles as all consoles run same os and only use third party hardware and software installed by Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo etc... so all consoles are exactly same.. if it works on one ps5 it will work on all...  that being the case apart from third party steering wheels there should not be a single issue when playing the game from day 1 providing proper pre release testing is don

Edited by ScaredDuck

@petro1319, your case is no joke and not something to be trivialized. However it is on the lower occurrence rate of the scale.

A big chunk of the heavy handed criticisms made in this thread stem from way less serious bugs than yours. I think in one hand you're criticizing those that are supposedly lumping all backlash as childish all the while lumping yourself all the backlash as the legitimate "it is outrageous that this game could be damaging my hardware".

And this "don't care" doesn't help either. I know it is coming from a place of frustration, I get you, but I honestly struggle to think of a game I bought on the release window that didn't come with game breaking bugs that afflicted some parcel of the playerbase.

Not all heavy handed criticism being made here come from gullible consumers, for sure. However not everyone waving their fingers in here are being reasonable with their complaining too. This lumping of attitudes together goes both ways and they're all detrimental to us, consumers.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
1 minute ago, marioho said:

@petro1319, your case is no joke and not something to be trivialized. However it is on the lower occurrence rate of the scale.

A big chunk of the heavy handed criticisms made in this thread stem from way less serious bugs than yours. I think in one hand you're criticizing those that are supposedly lumping all backlash as childish all the while lumping yourself all the backlash as the legitimate "it is outrageous that this game could be damaging my hardware".

And this "don't care" doesn't help either. I know it is coming from a place of frustration, I get you, but I honestly struggle to think of a game I bought on the release window that didn't come with game breaking bugs that afflicted some parcel of the playerbase.

Not all heavy handed criticism being made here come from gullible consumers, for sure. However not everyone waving their fingers in here are being reasonable with their complaining too. This lumping of attitudes together goes both ways and they're all detrimental to us, consumers.

Wrong.  The bug thread shows it's not a low occurrence rate.  People who have recently bought it only a week ago are being plagued by the same issue.  It's still happening.  It's still potentially causing damage.  It's still not being addressed.  There still hasn't been even a warning for potential new users.

I don't care how "severe" the issue is leading to the backlash around here from consumers.  The fact of the matter is the team at Codies created this problem by releasing this game in the messy state it was.  Don't get upset with the people complaining, take a look at the people who made the product instead of blindly defending it and going after those complaining about the issues that clearly exist.

I'm sorry that "I don't care" doesn't help you, or anyone else for that matter.  The fact of the matter is it's not my job to make a working game, or to even understand how it happens.  It's not my job.  Look; I like the game.  I love this series.  The fact of the matter is though; this game is a disaster in the state it was released and that should be unacceptable to us as consumers.  Why some of you are sitting here defending it I really don't understand.  I don't care that games are released buggy now and that's the "new normal. That thought process in and of itself is the whole problem here.  People have learned to accept it, rather than push back.  That's flawed logic on behalf of consumers IMO.  We shouldn't have to accept mediocrity.  It's that simple. 

I'm tired of being told we shouldn't complain.  I'm tired of not getting a response.  I'm tired of not getting a fix.  I'm tired of the fact these companies think this is OK.   I'm tired of people who want to defend it as well. I don't understand it; I never will.  It's the principle behind it.

Also I get that you think some people may be "unreasonable" in your eyes, but maybe it's not to them.  Ever think of that?  Maybe you can tolerate a particular bug or glitch because it doesn't affect you or bother you, or its not in a mode you play regularly.  We've all spent our hard earned cash in the midst of a pandemic on this source of entertainment and escape from reality and instead of being able to enjoy something we've paid for we're stuck not being able to use it, or simply enjoy it.  As paying consumers we all have a right to praise the game, or criticize it legitimately.   Stop trying to silence that because you don't agree with it.  There's no bonus points around here for that as far as I'm aware.  If you find it unreasonable there's a simple solution for you; don't read it.   Don't sit here and tell people what they can and can't complain about though when they've spent their money on a product they're not happy with.  If you don't have issues; go play and enjoy it.  Why sit here and complain about people having legit gripes with the quality of the game they've paid for?

• Agree 2

Come on now, this is a 4 page thread and I read every single post. Again, we are not trivializing your issue, it is as bad as it gets. But you're on the minority here, literally.

I'll stomp my horn on Codemasters headquarters all day long drawing attention to your issue. Extend the invite for every other user that commented on here and you'll see a bunch of kids being dropped by their parents or rolling in in their bicycles.

We're not blindly defending anyone, mate. At this point I can recall most of people posting here in broad strokes and I guarantee you that every user you're tagging at saying they're wrong or shilling Codies has made clear their gripes with the game, the bugs they encountered and the disappointments they have.

Your issue being rare doesn't make it any way less outrageous. No one is saying otherwise.

We're not siding with the industry here and their malpractices. We're just stating that, no matter how unfortunate, some things are expected in one way, some in another way and they all have a due time. It seems that you are taking these posts as directed to you but, c'mon, ask every single user here if they think you're in the wrong for being this vocal about this issue of yours and I bet you no one is going to ask you to tone down.

That's exactly it. Keep your fingers pointed at Codemasters, not at us. And do not think our criticism is aimed at you.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

I can pretty much guarantee you they are working on a fix for this as we speak but it may take a while to resolve. You are right though, a bug like that should never have slipped into the final build. Which is also why it’ll be fixed.

My comment wasn’t meant to sound like I think these type of bugs are acceptable. It was merely to say that bugs are inevitable whether we like it or not.

If this really is a widespread issue on one of the platforms then this is exactly the kind of thing that led to Sony pulling Cyberpunk from the Playstation store. It’s also the type of issue that would be highest on their list to address, so just because you haven’t heard anything about it doesn’t mean they aren’t working on it. I get your frustration, I really do, and I actually agree with you on most things. Maybe we should expect better from developers, but it would probably come at the expense of longer development cycles (forget about annual releases). If I may offer some advice, with the next title, wait until some time has passed before getting it. With annual releases they tend to be quite unstable in the first few months after release and then gradually get less messy as time goes on. Again, not defending, just stating facts. If you don’t like dealing with buggy games, give it some time until the majority of issues have been fixed before purchasing (it’s easy to find out when that is nowadays with all the youtubers and the forums here).

Or, simply don’t buy the next game.

Companies won’t learn unless people speak with their wallets.

Edited by CptBalloonhands
  • Agree 2

To expand on what @CptBalloonhands said, software crashing the whole system is a common type of issue, but of low occurrence rate. We've got the Amazon's MMO New World just recently bricking (!) GPUs, but that kind of issue is indeed rare. A game crashing the whole system, not:

Screenshots_2021-08-24-01-34-25.thumb.png.1b5ef154a6349db44a2f458e4746c131.png

What it means, we should wait before buying. What it does not mean, we should accept that.

What it means, yeah things can go catastrophically wrong in today's game development. What it does not mean, one should reasonably expect a game to crash their whole system.

What it means, the game industry is in a sorry state with the current release protocol. What it does not mean, a whole studio should be trampled to the ground because a slice (of whatever size, but still only a slice) of players are running into that kind of bug.

What it most definitely means, the devs are working to fix a bug of that severity. What it definitely does not mean, that every other fix should be postponed until the bigger one gets dealt with - specially when these bugs are assigned to different teams, with different resources and priorities, but above all different completion times.

It's disingenuous to think that the guy who fixed the volume of the upshift beep is the same dev who will fix the game crashing on Xbox.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 5

Everyone here has some very important points and topics and issues and opinions etc.. And its really nice to read this discussions and posts. I can relate to almost all of them. 

What is missing from CM at the moment in my opinion? --> More Community Management

I played NBA2K for a long time - on a SEMI eSports Level and these games... DUDEEEE... I can tell you.. These games had some major game breaking bugs every year and the community was just furious and ****** about how the developers handled bug reports / patches / communication etc..  Fact is, that after some time they had more employees or especially assigend guys on Twitter or any other social media platform that interacted with the community and started to update the community regurarly about the progress of specific bugs. And I am not going into detail about how they changed once a great game to a money machine with micro transactions... 

Same for Destiny the game... its 100% the same story, but they got it fixed after several years and the game got better over a very long life cycle. But still, they invested in events on youtube about whats going to happen, whats going to change, "we are hearing you" but " we need more time and we are working on it and we are showing currently where we at..." They let the gamers be part of it and let them feel they care about those issues. Q&A sessions, explanations, etc...

As I am reading the most complaints, consumers are just furious because there is no communication going on or at least not a lot..and if you have game breaking problems and you feel that the bugs or problems you have addressed are not heard or you are not getting proper feedback and status updates you just get frustrated. Thats basically in every business the same issue. 

Maybe this game and this community is just to small at the moment (which shouldn´t be an excuse) and the whole franchise just needs more time to understand how to handle stuff. Honestly I don´t like to see on Twitter how happy some gamers / streamers are because they get F1 packages with gifts from CM while others can´t play the game cause it crashes the console! Thats just poor customer management and not the right thing to do in the perspective of the unhappy gamers. I just want to point out that coming from other big games (especially sports games) I have seen a lot of similarities and I just started 6 months ago with F1 2020 and I am learning every day (especially here in the forum). At the end of the day... WE are the reason why they make money and WE shall be the ones to be able to point out problems, change how these games will develop in future etc.. Because thats gonna be a WIN - WIN for both parties. I am not into software stuff, programming etc... just have ZERO KnowHOW on this topics but it shouldn´t be the customers problem and I just can´t agree on the fact that customers shall accept the games get released in an unfinished state. There should be like a 80% good version and the last 20% are patches, updates and so on. But game breaking issues are not OK - thats just it and bugs which are in a game every year are also not acceptable - there should be no discussion on this. If I produce a product with the same problems every year I am not going to earn trust from my main money source (THE CUSTOMER). It should be an open discussion about how to improve and not about RANTS getting out of control (and yeah.. lot of these RANTS are totally understandable). But for a dialogue you need 2 parties and at the moment IMO there is only 1 part of it discussing this issues which will hopefully change in future.

#justmy2cents

#staypositive

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

@CptBalloonhands I'm curious whether game developers generally have good data on the frequency particular errors occur, and if so whether judging what proportion of users may be affected is likely to affect prioritisation of fixes? My guess is the answer to both is yes, and this may be an important aspect not considered in the discussion so far...

Edited by Ultra3142

I perfectly feel someone, who cannot play the game at all (refund time then). Not that I would be defending anyone, let alone be happy with the state the game is currently in, but it certainly is playable (PC steam) for me, if annoying, times especially so in ranked multiplayer. For others on other platforms it may not be, see postings above.

Sure, internet and file size not mattering any more lead to a somewhat awkward situation, where buyers have to rely on "day-1 patches" and more to solve problems the software might have had when mastered / released. Moreso with multi platform releases:

I recon it is a mammoth task to provide a smoothly running, identical game on PC / XBox / PS and their variants even. Of course this is no excuse, if developers choose to do so, they will have to make sure their product is useable on all these platforms. EULA or not, in the end there is a minimum of customer rights, laws and if a product will not work at all, or even damage the hardware it is supposed to operate on, it might be a useful choice to return the product, or to talk to the lawyer of your choice.

In the end, not pre-ordering (what do you think why there are goodies for pre-orders...) or not buying on day 1 are decent advices. Not if you already bought F1 2021 already ofc and thus you want your solution now 🙂, but most games are being discounted by the time they reach a "complete, playable state" nowadays. Who does not remember the Project Red CEO publicly apologizing because their game did not meet players expectations even after early patching. You do not have to wait until christmas to buy a summer release though, just follow social media for a few weeks and you will perfectly know if this game is for you, or if it is not.

• Like 2
  • Social Media & Community Team
16 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

@PJTierney
uses a fanatec wheel, perhaps he could help in this instance?

16 hours ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

The problems are:

-If you turn to the right in the game,in the real you can still turn and you are in a dead zone;

-increase rotation mean less respons when you return central

-every lap are not the same , discontinuity.

To be more easy:why i Need to increase grade rotation ?!

If was the solution,ok i don t care,but Is not a solution,Is more like"ok i can drive,but Is like drive a gp2 car"

The solution I've found is to set SEN to AUTO on the wheel. That's 1080 rotation on the CSL Elite, but when you turn the wheel 360 degrees in real life it'll turn 360 in-game too. Depending on your force-feedback settings you should still feel the wheel tighten up at the limit.

On PC/PlayStation I believe you can set SEN to 360 and it all works fine, but bear in mind Fanatec hardware works differently on Xbox so not all settings/features carry over.

FYI I'm on a Series X, haven't tested F1 2021 on an Xbox One as I no longer own one.

I can't really use F1 2020 or DiRT Rally 2.0 as a comparison as they weren't designed for Xbox Series X and run in Backwards Compatibility mode.

Thank you for the reply

Yes,i try AUTO sens also in the 1.06,but feel like have less response when come back central and the wheel don t block in the moment you arrive ti max angle.

I repeat,Is a solution but Is not the real solution;if we Need to drive in this mode ok,but it's frustrating.

Thank again

8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The solution I've found is to set SEN to AUTO on the wheel. That's 1080 rotation on the CSL Elite, but when you turn the wheel 360 degrees in real life it'll turn 360 in-game too. Depending on your force-feedback settings you should still feel the wheel tighten up at the limit.

On PC/PlayStation I believe you can set SEN to 360 and it all works fine, but bear in mind Fanatec hardware works differently on Xbox so not all settings/features carry over (this is a console-specific thing, not wheel-specific).

FYI I'm on a Series X, haven't tested F1 20

5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

@CptBalloonhands I'm curious whether game developers generally have good data on the frequency particular errors occur, and if so whether judging what proportion of users may be affected is likely to affect prioritisation of fixes? My guess is the answer to both is yes, and this may be an important aspect not considered in the discussion so far...

It depends on the company. The bigger ones tend to have much more sophisticated data analysis tools, EA would probably be among those. Yes, we can see pretty much everything, how often it happens, where in the game, etc. 

And yeah, the more players are affected by something the more important the bug becomes. But severity of the issue is an other factor. So a very minor issue that affects a lot of people would not necessarily be as high priority as a game-breaking bug that affects a smaller number of players. But often minor issues are easier to fix so may get resolved first regardless. That doesn’t mean nobody is checking the game-breaking bug. As you correctly pointed out, they are not all fixed by the same person. Devs can tackle a ton of bugs simultaneously

Edited by CptBalloonhands
  • Like 3

today pretty much sums up my entire time spent on this game.

I have a spare hour, think i'll do some online racing. All things good and well I could do 4/5 races. Instead what i've done is do 2 races (in a field of 4 and 2 including myself), been put in my own lobby about 7 times, or been put in a lobby where the race has already begun, and breaks when the race ends. People should be held accountable for this "game" and the state in which you release it every single year

wheel doesnt work my team doesnt work online doesnt work but hey we can now hear drs and braking point works. ya top notch work over there codemasters seriously its been a month and a half now and game is no more playable then it was on release 

22 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Well put on a relevant perspective. In this sense, console games have come more in line with other products, for which most of us read reviews and carefully scrutinise the manufacturer’s track record prior to purchase.

To me, who’s gaming history spanned NES in the late 80s to original Xbox at the turn of the millennium and then took a 20 year break until this year’s purchase of the Series X, my mindset is that a game should be perfect to near perfect at release (the “near” due to  my PC gaming experience when you could accept a minor patch that your 56.6k modem could download in <1 hour 😉 ).

I guess those innocent years now are a thing of the past in this high bandwidth age. Still, I would say there is one major difference between what Codemasters and/or EA has done compared to my parable above; there is no way they did not know how far from finished this game was when it was released, asking for €80. It is that ignorance that upsets me. I did not pay those euros to be a beta tester.

As to whether frequent minor patches or a big one at a later stage is preferred, I am indifferent, as long as the patch(es) improves the game, which has not always been the case here from 1.0 up to 1.7. To me, only playing offline solo F1 season, the game was at its best at maybe 1.2, thereafter it only became more unstable and messed up features such as the MFD.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1