Jump to content Jump to content

LOOK AT THAT NEW PATCH..Most issues ignored

They're releasing same game for years, with new layered relevent data for that year's title. All the bugs and glitches are transferred from one game to the other, some of them making return after years of absence. F1 2021 is the legacy of CMs decade long lazy programming, incompetent staff and indifference towards their audience.

Complacency is what happens, when you're given monopolistic control over the game by F1, with no competition in sight and no consequences for mistakes. Greed driven, maximised for profit, these people also decided that is acceptable to release unfinished game and keep it unusable one month after release. Pathetic 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, Tadas107 said:

They're releasing same game for years, with new layered relevent data for that year's title. All the bugs and glitches are transferred from one game to the other, some of them making return after years of absence. F1 2021 is the legacy of CMs decade long lazy programming, incompetent staff and indifference towards their audience.

Complacency is what happens, when you're given monopolistic control over the game by F1, with no competition in sight and no consequences for mistakes. Greed driven, maximised for profit, these people also decided that is acceptable to release unfinished game and keep it unusable one month after release. Pathetic 

There is really no need for that. The game has a few bugs, which isnt out of the ordinary for any software developer these days.

It also isnt their fault that the FIA only license to a single dev, there is only so much they can do in a year to meet their licensing requirements.

And lets not forget that the past year and half the world has been in a mess due to covid. Im not even sure of Codemasters have even opened up their actual UK offices yet, or if they are still working from home.

I dont agree with all their choices either, but there really is no need to attack them on a personal level.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
26 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Im not even sure of Codemasters have even opened up their actual UK offices yet, or if they are still working from home.

Unless absolutely 100% necessary (IT staff manning servers etc.), we're all still working from home and will be for another while yet.

• Agree 1
20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Unless absolutely 100% necessary (IT staff manning servers etc.), we're all still working from home and will be for another while yet.

Soooo no point going ahead with the gamers life’s matter protest outside your offices then.... wasted hours making signs 🙄

Sorry I can’t stop myself at times

bored and idle thumbs

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1

Still even with the issue of working from home .it is not unreasonable to expect when you pay 60 plus pound for a game you don't expect every mode to have issues that severally effect it . Still to this day a month later there still ai bugs , driver transfer are just ridiculous, literary shutting down Xbox s , online just a mess, bugs that are still present from years ago that should of been fixed year's ago not still present in 2021..... So addmiltley it adds issues but it not acceptable to release it in the condition it's in . Should of been delayed but wanted it out for British gp , banners all over the track about f1 2021 is out today etc .... Simply put it not good enough for a triple a game .....

44 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Still even with the issue of working from home .it is not unreasonable to expect when you pay 60 plus pound for a game you don't expect every mode to have issues that severally effect it . Still to this day a month later there still ai bugs , driver transfer are just ridiculous, literary shutting down Xbox s , online just a mess, bugs that are still present from years ago that should of been fixed year's ago not still present in 2021..... So addmiltley it adds issues but it not acceptable to release it in the condition it's in . Should of been delayed but wanted it out for British gp , banners all over the track about f1 2021 is out today etc .... Simply put it not good enough for a triple a game .....

Its not unreasonable to expect a working product, but like with anything manufactured/created by humans. There will always be flaws to some degree. Some of them cant be helped, some of they could potentially be. And as proven with the likes of Cyberpunk, delaying doesnt always help matters. We also have zero idea on what Codemasters is/isnt held to by their licensing agreement with the FIA. Because outside of a few issues, Dirt/Dirt Rally and Grid never release in as bad of a state as the F1 games do year on year.

Even then, you admit that this is a constant thing with the F1 games; so I assume you have been buying and playing them for a while?

If so, then you should know this is how it always is with these year on year release style of games. So you hold more than enough information to have waited instead of buying at release.

Hell, chances are it will be on Gamespass/EAplay within 6 to 8 months, just like F1 2020 was. Dirt 5 is already on gamespass/EAplay. Ive had duplicate copies of Codemasters games in Humble Choice as well, which I have given to friends because I already owned them. So its not like there are not other ways to play shortly after release, for a much lower cost at that.

Forza Motorsport 7 from Turn 10 has been out since 2017, and on PC I still can not use 2 TH8A shifters at the same time. Same goes for FH4. Every other racing game I play on PC, which is a lot of them. Accept and can use 2 TH8A shifters at the same time. Including Codemasters games. The forza games also freak out if you run the games on a high refresh rate monitor on PC and tried to record at the same time, or split the output to use a capture card on a second system. Or even just have OBS running at all. Even after I spent 8 months conversing with Forza Support on these issues back at the time it was relevent, they never got resolved. Not to mention other countless bugs that have existed since the 360 days with Forza.

Call of Duty, even to this day, has numerious out of level glitches where people can shoot from but not be hit by other players, and sometimes cant even be seen. And other bugs that have been in the game since the very first one in 2003, and the out of level glitch has been around since before; as the id tech engine is older than call of duty.

GTA online, well, plenty of glitches in that one still.

Project cars 1 still has funky random space jumps and weird physics where cars will suddenly flip and pound themselves into the tarmac.

How about going even older, to say Sonic the hedgehog on the mega drive/genesis. That game had a plethora of bugs, all of which could not be fixed due to a lack of internet. There are countless other games from back then that have a plethora of bugs in them. Anyone who says those old games where glitch free, are wearing rose tinted glasses.

• Like 2

Was definitely planning on waiting to get it on big sale when imola and Algarve were added and patch cycle was finished. But my gf bought it   through the store for me without me knowing so can't refund it as it been downloaded so I'm stuck with it . And believe me I knew well beforehand that it would be a mess as they always are but like I say it was a gift so I'm actually more annoyed that she wasted her 60 pound more than if I'd bought it myself.... Still fact remains it is a mess with bugs from years past plus new ones so not really acceptable is it . But I agree it the way it is now with all games so just shows the state it's in .....

4 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Was definitely planning on waiting to get it on big sale when imola and Algarve were added and patch cycle was finished. But my gf bought it   through the store for me without me knowing so can't refund it as it been downloaded so I'm stuck with it . And believe me I knew well beforehand that it would be a mess as they always are but like I say it was a gift so I'm actually more annoyed that she wasted her 60 pound more than if I'd bought it myself.... Still fact remains it is a mess with bugs from years past plus new ones so not really acceptable is it . But I agree it the way it is now with all games so just shows the state it's in .....

Only way it would change is if we all just stopped buying games. But would have to be a blanket boycott, as every dev has the same way of handling things.

Definitely not right that it is this way. I just dont think its worth getting personal with it like the other posted did.

Naff situation, but it is what it is.

Ive been fairly lucky, as ive only really had a couple of ego dump crashes so far. But i can understand how frustrating people are finding the situation.

Edited by Ialyrn

Game fixed yet? Nope, what a surprise, I love paying for something unfinished. 

Sort it out, it’s genuinely humiliating that a company can’t even make the real realistic with real performance data when we’ve just a bunch of real races and are at the end of the summer break. Might aswell pretend I’m racing when the actual race is On this weekend, would feel a lot better then this game

• Agree 1

Not getting personal but at the same time it not really right to just say oh they working on it and they will fix some things over next few months. They people higher up and the developers and testing teams have made and released a broken product for 75 pound . And I agree it happening on every game nowadays but it still BS and you are correct if people didn't buy till the end of patch cycle things would improve pretty quickly. My rule is 6 months down the line for 25 pound tops . But can't control a gift been bought for you sadly...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Naxlr said:

Not getting personal but at the same time it not really right to just say oh they working on it and they will fix some things over next few months. They people higher up and the developers and testing teams have made and released a broken product for 75 pound . And I agree it happening on every game nowadays but it still BS and you are correct if people didn't buy till the end of patch cycle things would improve pretty quickly. My rule is 6 months down the line for 25 pound tops . But can't control a gift been bought for you sadly...

Games a joke lol, none of us have any idea what they doing, all we get is “we’re working on it” well what’s it?? The damage model that don’t exist? the cars that are outdated? the tracks that don’t exist? 

I presume it’ll get the standard, we are listening and understand yet not one of these things have been addressed. 

Pathetic 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Vince7099 said:

Games a joke lol, none of us have any idea what they doing, all we get is “we’re working on it” well what’s it?? The damage model that don’t exist? the cars that are outdated? the tracks that don’t exist? 

FWIW I've not seen anything posted here to suggest that the damage model is likely to be updated. 

I'm sure the new tracks are being worked on since they have been promised as coming to the game.

Hmmm the physics of F1 2021 seem to be a tad - explosive? 🤣

Lets hope that someone can speed up the bugfixing soon, before the mood among buyers / players is developing along the same lines as the in game physics...