Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 shadows like dots on tires and halo

CooLerSIK

It really is unbelievable...this is still not fixed with patch 1.13 (jeddah)....😂😂 

Also, we are just being completely ignored. No offical reply anymore for months about this annoying bug.

I can understand this was not your top priority to fix a few MONTHS ago. But this bug is so apparent on every platform / car / track that it truly amazes me that its still not fixed...

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, crisf said:

I totally agree, this game has been full of errors for 3 months, and the worst thing is that it is not investigated in detail by the developers.  I hope there is hope to fix it

If they release a mid-December patch it will be 5 months gone. I don't expect the tyre dots to be fixed, and before downloading it I'll wait till I'm sure no major bug has been added as an Xmas gift.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem on ps4. I wrote to Codemaster by email and they told me that this is not a known issue with the game. But how is that possible if there is a topic on their site? Hahahaha. Then they suggested to me to change something such as changing HDMI and other stuff that didn't solve the issue, of course. After that I replied to them, but since 30 November still no reply. Hope they will fix it soon because it is really annoying playing with this issue and having no support from them. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, vituz99 said:

I have the same problem on ps4. I wrote to Codemaster by email and they told me that this is not a known issue with the game. But how is that possible if there is a topic on their site? Hahahaha. Then they suggested to me to change something such as changing HDMI and other stuff that didn't solve the issue, of course. After that I replied to them, but since 30 November still no reply. Hope they will fix it soon because it is really annoying playing with this issue and having no support from them. 

Great video. You may not have noticed but it is also clearly visible that you have the Ferrari steering wheel bug, the issue that according to them it's been "fixed" in patch 1.12...

Edited by ZAPPADIETRO
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JH123 said:

About the draw distance, look at the shadows under the bridge and ahead on the walls.

Yes, that bridge is famous... :classic_laugh:

And now, with only a few days left till 6 months since the release date, I don't really know what else we can do or say about it (let alone hope for).

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 6:36 AM, Aparow said:

For consoles, is it not possible to disable that type of shadows that is not working correctly, without affecting others?

No. There are no options to change graphical settings like this on consoles. Well, not on PS5 and so I very much doubt on others.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve given up as to whether this will ever be fixed. The lack of overall polish on F1 2021 is beyond a joke for a full priced product.  Don’t usually rant like this but with blatantly obvious bugs like this, alongside the dreadful performance of the cutscenes and highlight videos on PS5 is just laughable now.

For a company that now has the backing and resources of the mighty ‘EA’ behind them, the fact that patches are incoming at a snails pace and with issues acknowledged but left unresolved for over 6 months now is just becoming a bit of an insult to the loyal customers that buy these games year after year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 1/26/2022 at 10:06 AM, ZAPPADIETRO said:

No #$@!% reason to fix that: they have to copy and paste it into f1 2022 in a few months. :classic_cool:

Copy and paste but going backwards removing features and introducing new bugs.

And I noticed this thread is being ignored. I've tried @BarryBL but no answers.

So I believe this will not be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's be honest. This will not be fixed. This bug was introduced by patch 1.07, where they fixed the shadows under the halo. Apparently it is not possible to fix the dots on the tyres without breaking the shadows of the halo again.

And as there was absolutely no reaction, not even a "we are still investigating.." for months now, I think they have given up or don't care and just hope this will be forgotten over time.

In general, the way bug reports are handled here is very bad (to say it mildly). You can post perfect bug reports that will just be ignored and never get aknowledgement.

• Agree 1

Hey guys, on any daytime races on F1 or F2 cars in Grand Prix i have constantly distracting blocks etc on the body of the car, really distracting as they are constantly moving. 

Is this the same issue as here mentioned?

This is a black car and even on this you see it (look just below the Halo on the car body)

16460832896303873003614556964975.jpg

Edited by GioProductions

On 2/28/2022 at 6:23 PM, GioProductions said:

Hey guys, on any daytime races on F1 or F2 cars in Grand Prix i have constantly distracting blocks etc on the body of the car, really distracting as they are constantly moving. 

Is this the same issue as here mentioned?

This is a black car and even on this you see it (look just below the Halo on the car body)

16460832896303873003614556964975.jpg

Yes, that's the awesome feature codemasters introduced 😛

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

To close this one, unfortunately, this will not be resolved in the current development cycle of the game. However, we do have this logged and are aware for future titles.

A shame, particularly as it was a bug that was introduced in a patch after the games release. But guess it’s full steam ahead for development on F1 2022. Excited to see what’s in store for the not too distant future.  Not the news we were hoping for but thanks for the clarification @BarryBL

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

A shame, particularly as it was a bug that was introduced in a patch after the games release. But guess it’s full steam ahead for development on F1 2022. Excited to see what’s in store for the not too distant future.  Not the news we were hoping for but thanks for the clarification @BarryBL

Understand its not the ideal solution we wanted here, but thanks for the understanding. We are still keeping a track of this for unconfirmed and speculated 'future titles' that I can't comment, or acknowledge, the existence of. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Understand its not the ideal solution we wanted here, but thanks for the understanding. We are still keeping a track of this for unconfirmed and speculated 'future titles' that I can't comment, or acknowledge, the existence of. 

Haha that’s okay Barry. Unconfirmed and speculated ‘future titles’ you say 👀  Should I be setting a reminder on the calendar for 15th April at all? Haha

• Administrator
1 minute ago, stephensmattlee said:

Haha that’s okay Barry. Unconfirmed and speculated ‘future titles’ you say 👀  Should I be setting a reminder on the calendar for 15th April at all? Haha

If you like Good Friday that much, feel free to set a reminder 😛  Should be already one in your phone mind about that

• Haha 1

@BarryBL I found the low quality halo shadows a lot less distracting than these flickering shadows all over the car, that were introduced as an improvement to that. Some of these make the tyres look like they are damaged. If this is not going to be solved, could that change be reverted? I am quite sure a lot of other people have the same opinion.

Edited by Aparow
  • Agree 2

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, cleberpister said:

This is STILL an issue in patch 1.17, despite the explanation @BarryBL, I was hoping to get this issue resolved 🙄. A nice game with this problem that didn't exist until patch 1.07. Let's wait 😉

Would be in vain I'm afraid. Not a planned fix for this title.

13 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

@BarryBL did you even notice it yourself? As it is very distracting when driving.

Probably everyone has noticed it in some way or another but as he said it won't be fixed this game

Edited by hier217