Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 shadows like dots on tires and halo

One other corroboration is the shadows on the car, the Williams was horrible for it. (First outlap in my video, 2:00-3:00) just look at the front of the tub behind the wheel and the topside of monocoque over the driver's legs and under the halo. The recording makes it look less bad, it was horribly distracting until I forced myself not to see it.

For me this was all post 1.10

Are you guilty of not giving tuppence? – Business Thoughts

Edited by steviejay69
Added my tuppence

Doubt this will be fixed any time soon as it seems to be a graphical issue only and there are other fundamental areas of the game that are broken that will be fixed first, or should be. 

Like I said before, this is worst release of F1 I've ever played, absolutely pathetic. 

Edited by Sonic6L
On 10/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, zApPaDiEtRo said:

Any news about the dots on tyres? Just asking, as this forum looks much calmer than weeks ago. 😊

Its still there with 1.12, which also included 1.11. so with 2 patches its still not fixed and now i doubt it never will be for the 2021 version 😩

• Agree 1
18 minutes ago, Chiron said:

Its still there with 1.12, which also included 1.11. so with 2 patches its still not fixed and now i doubt it never will be for the 2021 version 😩

there is (or was) a Huge technical debt, take in count ferrari steering wheel just got fixed.

It will be fixed... when ? I dont have the slightlest clue

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Nuvolarix said:

This is weird, there was not such an issue in version < 1.07… 🤔

True, but halo shadow was horrific (also de drs hook on the rear wing, They fixed that, but broken the rest of the shadow all together

6 minutes ago, Maxsirman83 said:

True, but halo shadow was horrific (also de drs hook on the rear wing, They fixed that, but broken the rest of the shadow all together

Can confirm this has not be fixed with today’s update, unbelievable !!!!

• Agree 1
On 8/25/2021 at 12:51 PM, zApPaDiEtRo said:

Update. The issue is on every track and car, weather Clear/Midday. It's not only tyres and halo been affected, also the bodywork:

472357662_F12021_20210825123057.thumb.jpg.def5ebf18b73f6f9587b828671ccff43.jpg

I've tried every weather condition and it only happens at "clear or light cloud" weather, like Webtel1992 said. The rest (overcast, wet, very wet) of the conditions wont make these spots on the tires / halos etc.

Which makes me think it probably has something to do with the sun. The way the sun shines on the cars, shades or something else is bugged since patch 1.07.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Chiron said:

I've tried every weather condition and it only happens at "clear or light cloud" weather, like Webtel1992 said. The rest (overcast, wet, very wet) of the conditions wont make these spots on the tires / halos etc.

Which makes me think it probably has something to do with the sun. The way the sun shines on the cars, shades or something else is bugged since patch 1.07.

Because shadows are not casted on those conditions, like in real world.... the issue is direactional dinamic shadow movement...i think

21 hours ago, Maxsirman83 said:

there is (or was) a Huge technical debt, take in count ferrari steering wheel just got fixed.

It's not 100% fixed, the bottom part and the windscreen behind it (totally missing) are just as ****ed as before 1.12.

due.gif.23d2078e36896ddca714e586c1d06d51.gif

3 hours ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

It's not 100% fixed, the bottom part and the windscreen behind it (totally missing) are just as ****ed as before 1.12.

due.gif.23d2078e36896ddca714e586c1d06d51.gif

Really surprised some of these issues haven’t been addressed yet. I know they’re not hugely game-breaking but definitely immersion breaking.  The glitches and dots on the tyres remain, and not only that there’s still the lighting bug when you enter the tunnel in Monaco that’s been there since the game came out.

I appreciate the fixes and improvements Codies have made, the new tracks have definitely exceeded my expectations too, but some of these really obvious visual bugs really seem to be taking a long long time to be addressed. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Really surprised some of these issues haven’t been addressed yet. I know they’re not hugely game-breaking but definitely immersion breaking.  The glitches and dots on the tyres remain, and not only that there’s still the lighting bug when you enter the tunnel in Monaco that’s been there since the game came out.

I appreciate the fixes and improvements Codies have made, the new tracks have definitely exceeded my expectations too, but some of these really obvious visual bugs really seem to be taking a long long time to be addressed. 

I have no clue what happened and what's happening now in the devs department, but I'm not surprised any more. Maybe even they don't know...

Is this ever going to get fixed? It’s almost game breaking level of annoying! I don’t ever moan on forums and understand the complexities of games now but it’s been ages and this is such a persistent issue and appears at every circuit on every car……

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wezmystar said:

Is this ever going to get fixed? It’s almost game breaking level of annoying! I don’t ever moan on forums and understand the complexities of games now but it’s been ages and this is such a persistent issue and appears at every circuit on every car……

My guess is we'll have to wait till the next patch - probably in a month - and see if a fix is among the notes. Profanities are not allowed by forum rules, so, that's all.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, steviejay69 said:

One other corroboration is the shadows on the car, the Williams was horrible for it. (First outlap in my video, 2:00-3:00) just look at the front of the tub behind the wheel and the topside of monocoque over the driver's legs and under the halo. The recording makes it look less bad, it was horribly distracting until I forced myself not to see it.

Still present in 1.12, anywhere you care to look as in the previous example.

• Agree 1
18 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Still present in 1.12, anywhere you care to look as in the previous example.

Barry is not here so I can be honest :classic_laugh:. I'm on PS4, just playing offline and only in GP mode, every time I have a race on F1 '20 and then switch to F1 '21, same track, same everything, one thing strikes me as unquestionable: this game is way better than last year. Handling, AI, my Ferrari engine sound (I only drive the Ferrari), the DS4, the sense of speed, the racing immersion, all feels better and much more fun.

Apart from graphics issues, the kerbs (too punishing), and the incredible fubar mess of the Camera Customisation mode, this is still the best F1 game I've ever played.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1