Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 shadows like dots on tires and halo

Shadow quality is poor in many places. For example, the shadow draw distance is so low on Xbox Series X that on tracks like Monaco you see the buildings around getting shadows like half a second before you go past them. If this can't be improved while maintaining the 2 current graphics / performance modes, I would like a 3rd mode running in 1440p at 60 fps mode with maximum detail levels.

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Aparow said:

Shadow quality is poor in many places. For example, the shadow draw distance is so low on Xbox Series X that on tracks like Monaco you see the buildings around getting shadows like half a second before you go past them. If this can't be improved while maintaining the 2 current graphics / performance modes, I would like a 3rd mode running in 1440p at 60 fps mode with maximum detail levels.

Pop in is very intense on Xbox. You can see the game drawing the white lines, fences, shadows, trees, buildings just about everything 100m infront of you. It's so distracting. Never had that issue on any of the older games. 

• Agree 2
  • 3 weeks later...

It really is unbelievable...this is still not fixed with patch 1.13 (jeddah)....😂😂 

Also, we are just being completely ignored. No offical reply anymore for months about this annoying bug.

I can understand this was not your top priority to fix a few MONTHS ago. But this bug is so apparent on every platform / car / track that it truly amazes me that its still not fixed...

• Agree 2
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, crisf said:

I totally agree, this game has been full of errors for 3 months, and the worst thing is that it is not investigated in detail by the developers.  I hope there is hope to fix it

If they release a mid-December patch it will be 5 months gone. I don't expect the tyre dots to be fixed, and before downloading it I'll wait till I'm sure no major bug has been added as an Xmas gift.

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem on ps4. I wrote to Codemaster by email and they told me that this is not a known issue with the game. But how is that possible if there is a topic on their site? Hahahaha. Then they suggested to me to change something such as changing HDMI and other stuff that didn't solve the issue, of course. After that I replied to them, but since 30 November still no reply. Hope they will fix it soon because it is really annoying playing with this issue and having no support from them. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, vituz99 said:

I have the same problem on ps4. I wrote to Codemaster by email and they told me that this is not a known issue with the game. But how is that possible if there is a topic on their site? Hahahaha. Then they suggested to me to change something such as changing HDMI and other stuff that didn't solve the issue, of course. After that I replied to them, but since 30 November still no reply. Hope they will fix it soon because it is really annoying playing with this issue and having no support from them. 

Great video. You may not have noticed but it is also clearly visible that you have the Ferrari steering wheel bug, the issue that according to them it's been "fixed" in patch 1.12...

Edited by ZAPPADIETRO
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JH123 said:

About the draw distance, look at the shadows under the bridge and ahead on the walls.

Yes, that bridge is famous... :classic_laugh:

And now, with only a few days left till 6 months since the release date, I don't really know what else we can do or say about it (let alone hope for).

• Like 1
On 12/7/2021 at 6:36 AM, Aparow said:

For consoles, is it not possible to disable that type of shadows that is not working correctly, without affecting others?

No. There are no options to change graphical settings like this on consoles. Well, not on PS5 and so I very much doubt on others.

• Like 1

@Ultra3142 I meant to ask if it would be possible to do it via an update, not from the game's menu. They have already removed and then reinstated features that weren't working correctly in this game.

Edited by Aparow
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Aparow said:

@Ultra3142 I meant to ask if it would be possible to do it via an update, not from the game's menu. They have already removed and then reinstated features that weren't working correctly in this game.

Ah, right, with you 🙂.