Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 is the worst F1 game in a very long time (TLDR: Codemasters not caring about the playerbase)


Recommended Posts

The game is in nowhere near a satisfactory state from what we can gather on social media, even though personally I have yet to come across any of the bugs listed here. But I'm seeing bits like this being thrown around a lot today:

22 minutes ago, BarcaMascot said:

Codemasters please listen to us. Fix Online, Fix the AI being overpowered, please just fix the bugs and issues and not stuff like "DRS beep is now louder". 

You've got two bugs. One takes a longer time to fix. You're working on both, and the fix for the simpler one is ready already.

I get being frustrated, but what would you reasonably want here? You've got one fix and one work in progress. You'd wish the hotfix was postponed until the bigger one gets done?

Again, I get the frustration. But just as there are bugs pertaining multiple aspects of the game, you've got multiple teams working on the fixes.

"Hey, sound guy, do not dare to touch that mouse until I'm done fixing the AI with this truckload of data and my hairy machine learning tools! No I do not care if you only need to click on a slider, you do not touch that mouse!" – yeah, that sounds ridiculous and oversimplifying but honestly, just as suggesting that fixes of lower relevance should not be released before the more complex ones. By doing that one would be just slowing the overall patching, not speeding up at all the fixing of the grislier bugs.

Again, multiple aspects, multiple tasks, multiple teams. Unavoidably multiple differing conclusion times.

Quote

The team are hard at work on the issues that are raised by everyone on here, through social channels and our customer service teams - some issues do take longer to fix, get through our testing process and then be scheduled for a patch. I can guarantee that no issue is ever ignored and when we have news about specific issues or requests we will make sure to inform everyone when we are confident in the resolution.

 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

every update there are fixes to breaking point the mode everyone will play once and never touch again yet they hardly fix anything on either of the 2 modes that bring in everyone online multiplayer and my team now i love the F1 games and are best racing games out in my opinion but fixing breaking point before ANYTHING else is a waste of time and resources that could have been better spent

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much every game is released with bugs...  we all know this but we still buy games as soon as they are released.   We only have ourselves to blame.  If we didn’t buy games on release fearing they will be riddled with bugs developers would have no option but to properly test games before release.

ive said the same thing many different ways

and I sound like a broken record..., broken records repeat themselves over and over to all those born in a digital age

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

and I sound like a broken record..., broken records repeat themselves over and over to all those born in a digital

Damn... My man here ScaredDuck killing with these mic drops!

In a nutshell, consumers make uninformed decisions and the system exploits that. No surprise.

We're still entitled to a satisfactory game, but nothing is going to change as far as we keep on being too fast with that Buy button. And it doesn't help to keep on being uninformed when it comes to the inner workings of patching and fixing games.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seeing the issue with Monza kurbs I have to say . The 1st 2 chicane's are bad kurbs if you are abusing them but just drive them properly and they no problem .plus they very similar in acc so maybe they ain't to far off as they were just non existent in 20 . I agree with the op downforce issue tho not just my team as I haven't started that yet . But just did a qualifying in spa in alpine on 101 ai and matched or slightly up on my teammate in sector 1 and 3 then sector 2 through that fast right hander they just take it flat and pull 4 tenths plus it definitely not right . also present in other tracks to which everyone is aware of and been looked in to so hopefully it fixed asap as it frustrating to be out qualified not by faster ai but broken ai .......

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's probably not a great thing when you think about it . I haven't personally tested wether you can cut them or not but personally I don't want a racing game were people can just abuse the track like that ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

No one better than the man @ScaredDuck himself to clarify what he meant to say, but I took it in the sense that you can reasonably put a wheel or even mount several kerbs in Monza with impunity except for the ones on the first chicane aka those brick townhouses after a 320kph long straight.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

You can cut most within track limits... as seen on tv

never said anything about abuse 

 

3 hours ago, marioho said:

No one better than the man @ScaredDuck himself to clarify what he meant to say, but I took it in the sense that you can reasonably put a wheel or even mount several kerbs in Monza with impunity except for the ones on the first chicane aka those brick townhouses after a 320kph long straight.

You have to understand, this is the hero TRL Limitless line through the second chicane at Monza

This is generally what people are talking about. They can no longer completely ignore curbs in ways that aren't realistic to the actual track.

Monza is perfectly fine to drive. There is that curb on the inside of the exit of the last chicane if you put a wheel on it you can get a little squirrelly but of course this answer is to take a wider line through the exit.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is all fine with these curbs in Monza chicane 2. TRL Limitless cuts the corner way too much. @marioho proved this.  Sorry but doing this, always causes a hit to the underfloor since years. Yesterday a played F1 2019 and there you also have to avoid those curbs. Exactly there. It is all fine here, otherwise you could cut the corner way too much. But nevertheless the Author talked about more than this curb in Monza. But some of your mentioned problems are already fixed. And sometimes I am a bit surprised what kind of bugs the people mentioned. I never had issues like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Done monza loads... what issue with curbs..  still easiest track to get round.  With exception off 1st  chicane.. can cut most corners

Kerbs at the 2nd chicane just after the S1/S2 Split, they launch the car into orbit 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TwistedWays said:

every update there are fixes to breaking point the mode everyone will play once and never touch again

My own plan is to play it once but at the end of the game's life-cycle when it's likely to work best. I'd still much rather other stuff was fixed right now though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Naxlr said:

Not seeing the issue with Monza kurbs I have to say . The 1st 2 chicane's are bad kurbs if you are abusing them but just drive them properly and they no problem .plus they very similar in acc so maybe they ain't to far off as they were just non existent in 20 . I agree with the op downforce issue tho not just my team as I haven't started that yet . But just did a qualifying in spa in alpine on 101 ai and matched or slightly up on my teammate in sector 1 and 3 then sector 2 through that fast right hander they just take it flat and pull 4 tenths plus it definitely not right . also present in other tracks to which everyone is aware of and been looked in to so hopefully it fixed asap as it frustrating to be out qualified not by faster ai but broken ai .......

acc cars weigh 1.5 tonnes without fuel, f1 cars weigh 700kg with fuel.  less than half.  Gravity x weight = how hard you can abuse kerbs.

I agree with barcamascot on some points, but only because the bugs mentioned were in last years title, and the year before that, and the year before that etc.

EVERY year the same dumb bugs, which is why they get accused of Copy & Paste games.

the company name is CodeMASTERS. 🤷‍♂️

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, F1Superfan said:

acc cars weigh 1.5 tonnes without fuel, f1 cars weigh 700kg with fuel.  less than half.  Gravity x weight = how hard you can abuse kerbs.

I agree with barcamascot on some points, but only because the bugs mentioned were in last years title, and the year before that, and the year before that etc.

EVERY year the same dumb bugs, which is why they get accused of Copy & Paste games.

the company name is CodeMASTERS. 🤷‍♂️

 

F1 cars weigh ~860kg with fuel and 752 without.. just as a side note😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

@F1Superfan Not really? F1 cars minimum dry weight is 740kg+ this year but more importantly, the live weight with downforce is way higher. 

At 130KPH it is already producing the car's weight in downforce (so about 1480kg) and at just 190kph it's already double that.

130kph equals what, 2nd gear?

Obviously downforce doesn't increase the car weight as weight is mass times gravity, but it increases the total vertical load on the tires (weight + downforce) so for the matter at hand it counts.

I don't have numbers but I don't think GT cars produce near as much downforce as their cornering speeds are way lower.

Edited by marioho
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ok glad it wasn't meant that you can just take ridiculous lines. I think it a good step that if you take to much kerb you are now punished for it .will make people have to improve. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Pretty much every game is released with bugs...  we all know this but we still buy games as soon as they are released.   We only have ourselves to blame.  If we didn’t buy games on release fearing they will be riddled with bugs developers would have no option but to properly test games before release.

ive said the same thing many different ways

and I sound like a broken record..., broken records repeat themselves over and over to all those born in a digital age

I have played hundreds of games and the F1 games by Codemasters are always bugged as hell. I think the last 3 to 4 editions are in my top 10 most bugged releases I played. Granted, they do fix some but a lot of bugs have carried over to the next edition. You can fix 10 bugs, but if you introduce 20 new ones, it's not really going to make anybody happy with those 10 fixes.

I don't care if a podium celebration gets bugged and the drivers have no head. **** happens, tough luck. I do not even car if I experience a game breaking bug ones or twice during the first year of a game. But to experience bugs over and over again. We had to restart our first 4 league races this season because the lobby glitched. The game is fun when it works, but it rarely works.

Just last few races in our league: I got two 5 second penalties for the exact same incident.

One driver couldn't join the session (happened at least to 5 different drivers in 4 races).

One guy was stuck at his pitbox for 90 seconds.

One driver had to match the VSC delta speed while everyone else was racing on a green track.

One driver crashed and his car didn't dissapear, so we had a yellow flag in the prime overtaking spot for the rest of the race.

One driver got a drive through penalty when he was behind the SC cue in the middle of S2. We had a 50% race that lasted 1 lap. After 1 lap the race was just over.

We had countless times that everybody got stuck in the pitbox at the start of qualifying.

The position table still bugs out at the start. Sound suddenly dissapeared. Damage is invisible in the MFD. Can't talk to Jeff anymore. Have to sit out an entire qualifying session even though all drivers retired immediately. Had to restart two-player-career because it was set to equal perfomance. Had to restart races because the settings somehow changed without touching them.

These are all bugs I or someone I raced with encountered this month. For your information, I only race about 5 hours a week.

Never have I ever played a game with this many (game breaking) bugs.

 

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...