Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 is the worst F1 game in a very long time (TLDR: Codemasters not caring about the playerbase)


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Over 40 years for me 😛

 

Can you imagine these guys confronted with pole positions graphics 

I loved Pole Position. TX1 actually blew my mind!

Burnin’ Rubber, Super Monaco GP, Virtua Racing. Even a bit of Turbo and Outrun. Wipeout 2097 and Motörhead. Big up for Enduro on the 2600 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I loved Pole Position. TX1 actually blew my mind!

Burnin’ Rubber, Super Monaco GP, Virtua Racing. Even a bit of Turbo and Outrun. Wipeout 2097 and Motörhead. Big up for Enduro on the 2600 🤣

Spy hunter 🤘

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 4:27 PM, d1ebels said:

@BarcaMascot yes u are completly right. Especially the problems with the curbs are very annoying.

The only problem with the curbs is that you want to abuse them with no consequences. Maybe Mario Kart is more to your liking.

The original poster has valid points about REAL online issues. No need for you to hijack his thread.

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slthree said:

The only problem with the curbs is that you want to abuse them with no consequences. Maybe Mario Kart is more to your liking.

The original poster has valid points about REAL online issues. No need for you to hijack his thread.

After seeing other posts about Monza I can see why its there so I've come to terms with that. But on exit kerbs like real life we should be able to use them without spinning out a lot, thats my own thoughts but that could just be me having a heavy right foot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a good over the curb air in an f1 race few years back but can’t for the life off me remember who it was... might have been kyviat(sp) the Russian guy.. camera caught it perfectly was like something out off the a-team 🤘 (popular 80s tv show where no one died)

 

not to mention mark Webber’s air he got without a curb in sight

Edited by ScaredDuck
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, marioho said:

Sorry @AlexTT but I'm not sure I got it. Are you shooting at KNT? What did he say wrong?

Not interested in how he plays. Just on what he said that was wrong.

People who shout things like PRACTICE while they take the easy way by using all assists. That’s things I can’t stand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProvableTerror said:

Ah yes, because getting launched 10 feet in the air when going over one is normal

I haven't experienced that myself. But, I also haven't raced on every track yet.

I've only raced on 6 tracks so I won't doubt what you have experienced.

Between the practice sessions and qualifying I run about 35-45 laps before a race. If a curb is going to give me trouble I identify it pretty early. But, even when I have had mishaps caused by a curb (and I've had a lot) I can assure you of 2 things:

1. It's always my fault.

2. I've never gone airborne.

I only play offline so it's possible the online experience is different from mine.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BarcaMascot said:

After seeing other posts about Monza I can see why its there so I've come to terms with that. But on exit kerbs like real life we should be able to use them without spinning out a lot, thats my own thoughts but that could just be me having a heavy right foot. 

I'm guessing you are much faster than me and that may contribute to your spinning more than me.

Once I've learned to use a curb (from practice) I still don't go hard on throttle while I'm over it because I fear spinning. Either that or I short shift (learned that from PJ's videos) to minimize the impact of putting down the power.

Since I know I'm not elite at racing games I don't take chances. I'm happy to merely gain a few places during a "my team" race.

If I was as good as a lot of you I might take more chances and get caught out by the curbs more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slthree said:

I'm guessing you are much faster than me and that may contribute to your spinning more than me.

Once I've learned to use a curb (from practice) I still don't go hard on throttle while I'm over it because I fear spinning. Either that or I short shift (learned that from PJ's videos) to minimize the impact of putting down the power.

Since I know I'm not elite at racing games I don't take chances. I'm happy to merely gain a few places during a "my team" race.

If I was as good as a lot of you I might take more chances and get caught out by the curbs more.

Slow is smooth.... smooth is fast👍🏻

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just drove the Grand Prix on the track in Canada and with in 10 minutes the game crashed 2 times and today I've been playing for a few hours and nothing like that happened. Optimization also weak fps set to max 120 and jump from 90 to 120 at random moments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@slthree you'll probably like this video. Not the first time I'm posting it but yet have to find one that gets to the point while backing it up with theory without going overboard.

Powerful cars want to go straight over a smooth grippy surface with a steady balance.

Straight, so the more you're trying to steer when going over a kerb the more you'll unsettle the car.

Smooth, so putting a wheel over a rumbling strip, step kerb etc will imbalance the chassis' platform and unsettle your ride. Even worse if you have a poor suspension setup and lack the cat-like reflexes pro drivers (and players) have to counteract on time and keep the car reigned in.

Grippy. You know kerbs are not exactly famous for being grippy. Put a wheel on a surface with different level of grip and you'll unsettle your ride.

Steady, as these cars need to maintain the chassis' platform firmly in place so that the under and overbody get to produce downforce by putting their aerodynamic principles to fruition. Every time you do some heavy braking or go heavy on the throttle you're greatly shifting the load forwards or backwards, respectively. It's ok if you're on a straight path with a straight wheel; not ok if you're on a curved path or... Any of the above, really. Which is why keep your brake and throttle inputs under tabs are essential to riding kerbs, as the video demonstrates.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@mariohoThat was a great video. I've watched so many racing videos over the past few years I'm surprised I missed that one. I think it was done with I racing and that's a game I've never played.

Without having seen that video I'm definitely applying all the principles he referred to, probably because I've learned from so many others.

Thanks for linking it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And it gets worse. Now we have to wait till October for the public build of the game to get the new handling model and the esports build has it now, effectively making league racing useless for the esports drivers. No communication at all. Just ruins top tier league racing as they're most likely scared of the competition.

Edited by ProvableTerror
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny like I said on another thread the people on here that crazy defend the game on this forum seem to be well behind the loop, the official forum is kind of a quiet echo chamber compared to social media and the other sites that are talking about the game, its issues etc  😅 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

It's funny like I said on another thread the people on here that crazy defend the game on this forum seem to be well behind the loop, the official forum is kind of a quiet echo chamber compared to social media and the other sites that are talking about the game, its issues etc  😅 

You have a strange interpretation of this forum and people who choose to post here.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@TomAAA This way you're being needlessly dismissive of anyone who says anything positive about the game. People crazily defending anything spills out the easiest kind of argument to poke holes on as they usually lack any reason.

Anyway, if the 2-months lag between the esports build and the general build turns out to be true, that's abysmal. A 2 weeks cushion I can understand as in a way it is not unheard of of you work with Agile project management and similar, but it would still be appalling to deploy it on a competitive level in detriment of the general public. That's justifiable for internal testing only, should never be used in a way that segregates your competitive player base.

I'll wait for someone with skin in the game to confirm that this is indeed the case, though. There are a couple reasons people avoid this level of Twitter "loop".

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

It's funny like I said on another thread the people on here that crazy defend the game on this forum seem to be well behind the loop, the official forum is kind of a quiet echo chamber compared to social media and the other sites that are talking about the game, its issues etc  😅 

What other thread? I'm not aware of any major issues. 

As a rule, I normally stay away from "bugs, glitches" type threads until I actually encounter something and then I look for help from others who may have also experienced it.

On another note: Do I understand that there's a new handling model that we don't have yet? I saw an F12021 update on my PS5 but haven't played in a few days.

If it's not the new handling model, what is it?

I thought the handling was perfect as was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...