Jump to content Jump to content

how accurate is f1 2021 no assists vs real thing?

It’s a sim but first and foremost it’s a game.  So as close as a game can be.

ive never driven a f1 car or anything like.

however I have done numerous track days in my old RS4  and trained driver(not racing) and handling characteristics are very good.  But like I said in game your not worried about death

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Think the wheel spin comment is in this video but could be wrong:

That was a funny video from Norris......I didn't know he could do comedy as well!..lol  He's a funny guy as well as a hell of a pro F1 driver! I like to see that in professional athletes.

• Like 1

Nando is a funny guy part the reason he is my favourite driver these days... love Lewis but hate his constant whining 

yes im British obviously 

he was asked the other year about Mercedes and Lewis tyres blowing up at silverstone..  he said it their own fault for driving to fast.. 

Edited by ScaredDuck
1 hour ago, goot66 said:

i mean from a car handling perspective / responsiveness

Using Jarno Meerkats setup and Hard ware & PC the handling / responsiveness ( but not feeling while driving ) is probably similar. For your average player messing around playing the game on a console with default set ups   using  a pad or low to mid range wheel , not realistic at all. GRiD cars feel more  like driving a real car than the F1 games and that's an arcade  fun game not a sim type game with arcadeness for the kids like F1 titles are. Real F1 drivers have and do say that its harder to drive the F1 games cars than their real life ones , but then again they may be driving the in game cars with a bad setup of the wheel and the car when they are playing so its impossible to know.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:59 PM, goot66 said:

How accurate is it vs real life ?

Well - without TC compared to rl much to difficult event the cars have so much horse power- if the handling would be in rl do difficult we would may end up with a few drivers finishing the race …..

On 8/24/2021 at 2:57 AM, ScaredDuck said:

It’s a sim but first and foremost it’s a game.  So as close as a game can be.

ive never driven a f1 car or anything like.

however I have done numerous track days in my old RS4  and trained driver(not racing) and handling characteristics are very good.  But like I said in game your not worried about death

Heart beat rush due to the Xbox overheating and shutting down for the #%*! time could be fatal.

Methinks these questions about realism are quite pointless - there are so many elements missing in a simulation, from temperature, over weather, G-forces, steering wheel and pedal forces, noise, smell and whatnot. Only because I can take pole position in F1 games, it does not mean I could drive a race car IRL at all. I d bet 99% of players could not drive an F1 car out of the garage. And the 1% left would badly hurt their vertebrae (neck) the first time the brake is used...  Includes myself, probably or for sure 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

As stated above, i think a realism hardcore sim would disappoint most players. Many real life racers stated in the past the FFB is fun but unrealistic, because you will feel way less via steering wheel in real life. Most effects are felt through other body parts like g forces or wheel slip...

It should not be realistic. It shall be comprehensible and mostly fun.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1