Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Sochi F1 GP

Here we are again at another F1 race this time it's Sochi and it's second appearance on the F1 calender. Looks to be a wet FP2 with no one game enough to be first out and brave the weather.

Also looks like the track hasn't got a good drainage system with some standing water on parts of the track.

Kind of similiar to Schumacher's crash at Silverstone, brakes failed, head on collision, safer barriers did what they could, but yeah.. Sainz is at the very least conscious. Hopefully without any major injuries.

Jiggy said:
Kind of similiar to Schumacher's crash at Silverstone, brakes failed, head on collision, safer barriers did what they could, but yeah.. Sainz is at the very least conscious. Hopefully without any major injuries.
Actually the brakes didn't fail,  he lost the rear under braking (due to DRS perhaps?) and indeed, Kravitz just said no concussion or fractures or anything serious :)

Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoalASW0IA 

Probably left the DRS open of too long takes a moment for the downforce to come back when you close it. You have to close it early for that corner. Just like at the first turn at Suzuka

Hilarious moment on BBC's coverage before Q3, Eddie saying that Horner maybe regretting some of the things he's been saying about Renault and that some of those comments should not be made public, they join the commentary team and Horner was listening in and Ben's like "well what did you think about that?" and Horner says "Ah, Eddie's talking out of his arse, as usual" live on air.

I pissed myself laughing.

That's the 2nd most hilarious thing being said about Eddie in the last couple of months after Ron "the Don" Dennis calling him a village-idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtoTT7L9o0&feature=youtu.be

Championship over for Rosberg. As a racing fan sad to see it end this way. As a Hamilton fan: YEAAAAAAAHHHHH

@RevolvingPrawn What did we say would happen last night :joy: 

Hamilton pretty much champion now!  :D

FFS.

...................................................................................................................

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn What did we say would happen last night :joy: 

Hamilton pretty much champion now!  :D
Yep no use watching the rest of the races.

Mexicola said:
Rosberg's out of the race. I'm not watching this.
I'm watching in case Hamilton drops out too and we get to see Williams ruin their best shot at winning a race again.

Wow, a Lotus crashed and it's not Maldonado. Isn't the first guy who crashed there that weekend too.

I'll bet the Lotus guys saw the monitors and were like "Not again Pastor!" to start with ;)
You know, I was just thinking the same thing :joy: