Jump to content Jump to content

After updated to 1.07 the game keep crashing at the start.

• Administrator
A new Nvidia driver has just been downloaded today, which may help.

Could also try setting a lower resolution in the hardware_settings_config.xml. And maybe switching to a different AA setting and lowering the anisotropic filtering setting. We are struggling for ideas however, as it seems that the GPU is still the reason for the crash.

@BarryBL

First, i have no mods at all.

Second, i already check integrity on my files on steam, and it said every file is correct.

Third, i was running on latest graphics drivers for my graphic card.

Forth, i downloaded lastest grphics card(v.471.96). and it crashed after i pressed start screen(press to start) menu.

and here is crashlog file.

crash_dump#803111-20210831-223039-0.zip

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL this is one of the worst experience since i bought my first f1 game,f1 2017.

honestly, i just give up on this problem. nothing improves, it just crash and crash and crash. i love this series, and formula 1, but this is just so disappointing.

Edited by GT3RS834
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, GT3RS834 said:

@BarryBL this is one of the worst experience since i bought my first f1 game,f1 2017.

honestly, i just give up on this problem. nothing improves, it just crash and crash and crash. i love this series, and formula 1, but this is just so disappointing.

Apologies for this @GT3RS834

I'm currently seeing if I can borrow some additional resource internally to take a look at your problem. Will update you when I can.

• Administrator
Could we get the full machine specs including the PSU. Randomly crashing like that could be related to your power supply. Do you have have issues running anything else on your system at all?

Also, can you confirm you have tried:

• Running in safe mode
  • Steam file integrity check
  • Game re-installation (to a standard file location if not doing so already)
  • Running with a single monitor
  • Disabling any other running software (particularly performance profiling software or AV programs)
  • Removing all peripherals
  • Getting latest Windows updates
  • Full DDU reinstallation of GFX drivers
  • Disabling on -board GPU
  • Disabling GeForce Experience

@BarryBLthe only thing i know about my psu is 600w.

and i only have this 21:9 29inch 2560x1080 monitor. and my gfx card setting is performance.

here is my dxdiag,and HWINFO which @steviejay69recommended.

and i already deleted my game. i had so much stress because of this problem. which means i don't want to try this game before update arrives. 

i know fixing glitch is hard, but i hope you guys to fix in 1.10. 

computer spec.PNG

DxDiag.txt

12 hours ago, GT3RS834 said:

@BarryBLthe only thing i know about my psu is 600w.

and i only have this 21:9 29inch 2560x1080 monitor. and my gfx card setting is performance.

here is my dxdiag,and HWINFO which @steviejay69recommended.

and i already deleted my game. i had so much stress because of this problem. which means i don't want to try this game before update arrives. 

i know fixing glitch is hard, but i hope you guys to fix in 1.10. 

computer spec.PNG

DxDiag.txt 99.55 kB · 0 downloads

The PSU could be marginal for a 2060 Super. Strictly a 550W is minimum with a supplemental 8-pin connector (not an adapter).

There are 600W PSUs and 600W PSUs - I would want a 600W 80plus Bronze of a name brand, say Corsair or EVGA.

Paired with your i7-9700K these can easily pull 400W under load, that might leave too little to power them especially if you have RGB, extra fans, USB peripherals etc which might cause a crash or a shutdown.

Personally I would have erred on the side of a 750W 80plus Gold, just that extra bit of headroom.

I run a Ryzen 5 3600 and a RX5700XT on a 600W 80plus Bronze Corsair. But then the power draw of this combo is maybe 350W peak.

• Like 1

@steviejay69@BarryBL so.. which psu you recommend? honestly, if i can send my computer to you guys, i would. 

i formatted my computer again, and it crashed at the start, but this time, more than 90% crashed with no ego bumps.

and is there way to commuicate more directly?(like facebook message,or instagram Dm) i really want to communicate instantly.

and this is the only ego bump crash existing.

crash_dump#803111-20210902-160243-0.zip

Edited by GT3RS834
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Is there not another screen in your house you could trial possibly? Can you change your GFX card settings, or turn some of them down. Maybe @steviejay69 can recommend a more optimal power supply possibly. 

I trust both brands I have mentioned previously. Something certified 80plus (bronze or higher), depends on your budget and with a view to your current card or anything you may wish to try in the future. Certainly Nvidia recommend a 750W so I would always aim to satisfy the recommended rather than (just) the minimum.

With the current price of GPUs and CPUs, spending £100 on a quality PSU seems reasonable?

There are plenty of online reviews with extensive test results. Hope this helps.