Jump to content Jump to content

Well done for killing league racing

Add in the fact you don't have the option for weather in league mode (which has been asked for 3 years now!)  so our league has had 4 straight rain sessions now, its getting tiresome 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 2

We might be going back to F1 2019. Out of 20 runners, its becoming common only 6 or less finish. FYI, we are not rookies either. 

I think they expect us to play the "Crashing Point" the entire year. IDK. Its mindblogging. 

• Agree 3
On 8/24/2021 at 11:51 PM, GestirnZinker97 said:

That's it. After all the years, the state of these recent games makes me and many others to just quit F1 league racing completely. Well done Codemasters.

Time to find fresh alternatives. Can't wait for the Indycar game in 2023!

Here's a small list:

- driving over grass is faster

- drifting/sliding is often faster

- cars too fast and unrealistic

- kerbs make clean racing almost impossible 

- force feedback bugs still exist 

- no slipstream effect

- now new (?) glitches where people can use two setups at once... just how

- setups from 1 to 11 since 2010... zero innovation, no progress, nothing new or logical - whose idea was it to create setup menus from 1 to 11?

- contact model is horrible 

Do not come here to defend Codemasters if you only play career mode or if you play casually against the AI. That's irrelevant. Those who play competitivelly know what's going on.

And lastly:

- no transparency from Codemasters regarding road maps, dates, updates, etc. (only to cover themselves from backlash because they can't finish the product in time and have to delay again)

- main focus on all the useless and wrong things on an F1 game

- savable replays - where? / accurate and complete F1 circuits/calendars - where? / classic tracks - where? / more intuitive setups - where?

Honestly, more and more I read this, more and more just trying to understand what is happening?

• COVID hindered resources?
  • The EA transition affected productivity?
  • Do they not understand there is more money in eSports/League racing
  • Did the Crashing Point initiative take away from advancing eSports/league/MultiPlayer platform?

IMO, I think it could be all the above. 

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

With the surface type set to realistic? 

This screeshot is taken from a league race pole lap posted on twitter. The fact that people have to go to these lenghts to maximise lap time by widening the entry line into Pouhon... I'm sorry but what the hell is this. Getting more and more Mario Kart esque every year.

Screenshot_20210825-090417_Twitter.jpg

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

Honestly, more and more I read this, more and more just trying to understand what is happening?

• COVID hindered resources?
  • The EA transition affected productivity?
  • Do they not understand there is more money in eSports/League racing
  • Did the Crashing Point initiative take away from advancing eSports/league/MultiPlayer platform?

IMO, I think it could be all the above. 

The COVID and EA transition can't be used as an excuse. Your last point is very possible and what I meant by wrong frocus points during game development and they only care about the money. As long as they get the money and esport somehow gets executed with a Champion in the end it's "job done". Laughable.

Now esport players also have the performance patch while we have to wait until October. Very fair, very transparent, very reasonable - not.

• Agree 2
5 minutes ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

This screeshot is taken from a league race pole lap posted on twitter. The fact that people have to go to these lenghts to maximise lap time by widening the entry line into Pouhon... I'm sorry but what the hell is this. Getting more and more Mario Kart esque every year.

You mean its getting more Formula1 esque , didn't you see Hamilton at Bahrain  https://youtu.be/EM9m5xnO0cc

19 minutes ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

You didn't answer my question there? I asked as the on vs off-track difference is something I thought had been improved in this game, provided the right setting is selected.

In the picture the driver isn't on grass though.

• Agree 1
17 hours ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

So that is how! DID NOT KNOW.  Honestly, wow. 

• Agree 1